I drive invisible carts at work & the guests will sacrifice themselves for squirrels

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: I drive invisible carts at work & the guests will sacrifice themselves for squirr

Post by hobie16 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 pm

drcorey wrote: hmm, I can just see the headlines thou, robot cart full of food supplies runs over family of 4 at disney. family says they never heard it's voice warnings, sirens or flashing lights bearing down on them.
Maybe the addition of an alien abduction anal probe would get their attention?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: I drive invisible carts at work & the guests will sacrifice themselves for squirr

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:44 pm

hobie16 wrote:Maybe the addition of an alien abduction anal probe would get their attention?
heck, it you advertised it right, you could get THEM to pay extra for it!! hehehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:14 am

Rallots wrote:Hola everyone,

This is my first post here and I'm a little excited embarrassed to say I don't know where this post should go. I thought the best place would be "The dumbest thing you have ever seen a guest do!" but that topic has been derailed it seems. If this gets moved, oh well, here goes.
Wow, you are new -- every thread eventually goes off-topic here! It's one of the charms of the place that we don't get too uptight about stuff like that. I mean, seriously, we're what, half a day from your initial post, and already we're discussing the finer points of squirrels, Star Trek aliens, motorized barstools, and anal probes! This is the most ADD community anywhere on the web. (And we love it!)

So relax, enjoy, and...

:welcome: to :sgt: from :wallaby: and :wombat: !!! :D: :D: :D:

Great first post!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 am

BAck when carts did not have motors I watched a heavy cart coming out of Critter Country down hill at DLR. The CM of course was small and could barely control the cart as guests walked right in front of the cart.

Finally DLR has motors on the carts to help move them. I sometimes wondered why I had not heard of mangled guests who got runned over by a run away cart.

I use a scooter from parks and can tell you that people are so freaking rude. At the Matterhorn's west side is a path wide enough for 4 people. Lady in an ECV had her mate pushing a stroller next to her and the whole family was on turtle crawling slowness. They own the park and you have to wait until the herd moves.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:44 am

BRWombat wrote:Wow, you are new -- every thread eventually goes off-topic here! It's one of the charms of the place that we don't get too uptight about stuff like that. I mean, seriously, we're what, half a day from your initial post, and already we're discussing the finer points of squirrels, Star Trek aliens, motorized barstools, and anal probes! This is the most ADD community on...

Sorry, I lost my concentration right about there. What were we saying?

Anyway, since it took us TWO PAGES to get to it, you get two of 'em, one from each of us!

:welcome: to :sgt: from :wombat: and :wallaby: !!!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:42 pm

heard something on the radio the other night about an alpha run for a guest that had her ankle run over by a drink cart. Don't know how that one ended up, but I did hear a call for a transport unit a few minutes later.

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:11 am

Well my friend from Anamation Pocorn Cart, it tis I... The Doctor you speak of.

I am glad that you have made it to our family of deviants and degenerates... err.. i mean Disney Cast Members!!!

My friend I still owe you a GSF card from our last encounter and will get it to you as soon as i get back to your neck of the woods

The Doctor

P.S.

i have pancaked a sea gull on the EPCOT beam about 100 yards from The Seas with nemo.... which incidently i think the bird i hit was saying....

:mine: "mine.. mine.. mine.."

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Doctor McKey wrote: i have pancaked a sea gull on the EPCOT beam about 100 yards from The Seas with nemo.... which incidently i think the bird i hit was saying....

:mine: "mine.. mine.. mine.."
I nearly 10-7ed a peacock at Busch Gardens Virginia when I was driving the train. Stupid bird literally came out of the bushes and ran across the track not more than twenty feet in front of me.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:48 pm

Fresh squab!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Saint March
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Saint March » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 pm

for what it's worth I'd throw myself in front of a cart for a lizard. All lizards are named Bob, and once you've named it, you get attached to it.

[font="Century Gothic"]Welcome aboard our highway in the sky. Our next stop is the Magic Kingdom.[/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]