Don't Get Fired Over Spilled Ketchup

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Don't Get Fired Over Spilled Ketchup

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:00 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I have seen CMs buy food in full costume multiple times. There are also the resort CMs who hop on the monorail and sit down in full costume.
Overspeed on monorail not allowed
Driving buses 10 mph over the posted speed limit not allowed.
Peeing in the flower beds not allowed.

I assume that CMs are used to getting away with the rule breaking and have leads and managers who do not care. I was at Soarin and the CM said she tried the jacket over her uniform trick and got caught. She has to strip off the uniform and wear street clothes to eat in parks, shop in parks or do the attractions.

Guest see a CM and assume that the person can help them then report a complaint that the CM did not help them.

Back to your regular programming and remember to hold onto hats and glasses. I was on ToT and was thinking about how things go flying and boy there are not kidding about that.

Noctourne Wonderland
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Noctourne Wonderland » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:05 pm

mechurchlady wrote:Peeing in the flower beds not allowed.
...have you seen a CM doing that?!?! :dropmouth

Thank you for getting the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad saftey speil stuck in my head.
That Thunder Mountain Miner Guy wrote:Remain seated with yer hands, arms, feet, and legs inside he train, and be sure to watch yer kids! And if you folks be wearin' hats or glasses, best remove 'em! 'Cause this here's the wildest ride in the WIIIIIIIIIIIILDERNEEEEEESS!!!

[font="Courier New"]You know that guy who cheers for the King of Hearts? That's me![/font] :kinghrts:

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

mechurchlady wrote:Overspeed on monorail not allowed
Driving buses 10 mph over the posted speed limit not allowed.
Peeing in the flower beds not allowed.
Actually... Overspeeds on the Monorail are not a big deal.. the only problem with them... depending on where you do them.. they can cause a false MAPO called an AIRGAP MAPO.. and not only for your train but another train on your rail. It happened a few days ago.

And as for the peeing on the flowers.. we had an issue at the KSR... One day I was alerted by a guest that some French speaking people where letting little Timmy pee in the woods while standing on the trail ( near KSR fastpass return..) When i approached the area, the parents and little Timmy where not their...

I spoke to one of the managers about this.. and their comment was that some areas in France thi is found to be common. When you got to go... you pull over and do your business on the side of the road. some locals actually put out houses on the side of the road to help with this... but.... ( See Mr. Beans Holiday for proof of the Out Houses )

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

DDuckLover
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DDuckLover » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:50 pm

At Soarin' we're technically allowed to change our shirts and keep on the blue pants to get food from the Refreshment Port (McDonalds!) or from Seasons since the cafeteria is so far away. But, in order to walk across the park to the cafeteria you have to be in full costume or change completely. Putting a jacket over the Soarin' costume would make it really bulky... no wonder she was caught.

I assume that CMs are used to getting away with the rule breaking and have leads and managers who do not care. I was at Soarin and the CM said she tried the jacket over her uniform trick and got caught. She has to strip off the uniform and wear street clothes to eat in parks, shop in parks or do the attractions.

[font="Tahoma"]"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
[/font]

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:( See Mr. Beans Holiday for proof of the Out Houses )

Heehee...I love that movie.

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 pm

DDuckLover wrote:At Soarin' we're technically allowed to change our shirts and keep on the blue pants to get food from the Refreshment Port (McDonalds!) or from Seasons since the cafeteria is so far away. But, in order to walk across the park to the cafeteria you have to be in full costume or change completely. Putting a jacket over the Soarin' costume would make it really bulky... no wonder she was caught.
The official rules say that if you are not in full costume... i.e. If i was in Monorail costume.. and I wa to take my monorail hirt off and have a regular shirt on istead... then i am no longer in costume... it is allowed by rule books by Disney look

once again.. its not breaing the rule if its not a violation. At one time it was, but because of tech isues with the trains they no longer see it as a violation. some trains such as Monorail Red will over speed and shutdown even if you are not at or over the speed limit. We do run on windows you now.... Kurt... no comment about Linux..... I dont think IT knows what that is!!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 pm

mechurchlady wrote:Peeing in the flower beds not allowed.
Noctourne Wonderland wrote:...have you seen a CM doing that?!?! :dropmouth
Ayup. There are some positions in attractions where it happens often enough that a memo got posted about it threatening summary termination. Didn't appear to have any impact on the practice.

Also found evidence of CMs taking a dump in a teepee, too. But not the same one with the condom dispenser -- that could have gotten them killed!

Zazu

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:I spoke to one of the managers about this.. and their comment was that some areas in France thi is found to be common. When you got to go... you pull over and do your business on the side of the road. some locals actually put out houses on the side of the road to help with this... but.... ( See Mr. Beans Holiday for proof of the Out Houses )
To finish my thought.... The manager told me that because of diversity and inclusion and it being their culture that we would not take action against any guest that was found doing that if they where of foreign nature.

The Doctor

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Zazu wrote:Also found evidence of CMs taking a dump in a teepee, too. But not the same one with the condom dispenser -- that could have gotten them killed!
Zazu... didnt those pesky kids in the "Kingdom Keepers hide in that teepee.. maybe they are the ones that to a dump in their...

The Doctor

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:Zazu... didnt those pesky kids in the "Kingdom Keepers hide in that teepee.. maybe they are the ones that to a dump in their...
No, they were in one of the teepees on the other side of the tracks.

Zazu