Don't Get Fired Over Spilled Ketchup

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Don't Get Fired Over Spilled Ketchup

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 pm

I was riding in a monorail with this driver who managed to get an overspeed pulling into Concourse...oh wrong story.

Setting: Gasparilla Counter Service, 5:00PM, Today
Actors: Matt, Me
I go in to use the bathroom. On my way out, I notice there is a pile of ketchup on the floor. I see a CM purchasing food, but they have their name tag and costume on.
Me: There is a pile of ketchup on the floor that I almost stepped in, it needs cleaning up.
Matt: (one-finger point at the cashier) Tell her.
Matt proceeds to give a dirty look. I walk out. I realize what just happens, walk back in, very obviously look at his nametag, and on my way to the monorail stop by the front desk where the CM was very surprised at what happened.

Kurt

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Re: Don't Get Fired Over Spilled Ketchup

Post by Doctor McKey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I was riding in a monorail with this driver who managed to get an overspeed pulling into Concourse...oh wrong story.

In my defense.. I was driving red... and she has a temper... Think Tinkerbell with PMS..... and that Red on a good day.

Red will do a speed change and if you dont throw her into brakes as the speed change happens the she will OVERSPEED/DEADMAN

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:In my defense.. I was driving red... and she has a temper... Think Tinkerbell with PMS..... and that Red on a good day.

Red will do a speed change and if you dont throw her into brakes as the speed change happens the she will OVERSPEED/DEADMAN

The Doctor
Oh sure, blame it on the train to cover for the fact that you just like to drive fast, you aren't fooling any of us.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:49 pm

HOLD IT

I thought that CMs were not to appear on stage in costume and were not to wear their badges on stage except while on duty or going from one place to another. At DLR my friend would at least wear a jacket so her outfit did not look like she was in costume.

If you see a problem then you are supposed to report it to the CMs that are assigned to that location. Hey monorail dude can you unplug the toilets? Miss ride attendant there is a bug in my french fries can you help me?

Someone needs a better script writer.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:41 am

lasolimu wrote:oh sure, blame it on the train to cover for the fact that you just like to drive fast, you aren't fooling any of us.
あなたが英語を話す!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:23 am

ktulu wrote:あなたが英語を話す!
ktulu: what??¿¿ It looks like tiles from a majong game.....

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 am

ktulu wrote:あなたが英語を話す!
I thought we already went over this in another thread(http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/showthread.php?t=4761). I do, but Whazzup hasn't noticed yet(http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/showpo ... stcount=66).

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 pm

mechurchlady wrote:HOLD IT

I thought that CMs were not to appear on stage in costume and were not to wear their badges on stage except while on duty or going from one place to another.
Tis true - you are not allowed to purchase food or merchandise in an on stage location, or ride an attraction, while in costume - even if you're not on the clock or on your lunch break. A slight exception, of course, is if you're a GR CM and are touring with Guests :)

I know it's allowed - but I still sort of hate when I see CMs in costume after work at say Publix or Walgreens. I know it's Ok, and have done it myself.........though I have seen some with their name tags still on. Silly SCMs..... :)

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:23 pm

Ho-say wrote:Tis true - you are not allowed to purchase food or merchandise in an on stage location, or ride an attraction, while in costume - even if you're not on the clock or on your lunch break. A slight exception, of course, is if you're a GR CM and are touring with Guests :)
I have seen CMs buy food in full costume multiple times. There are also the resort CMs who hop on the monorail and sit down in full costume.

Kurt

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:51 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I have seen CMs buy food in full costume multiple times. There are also the resort CMs who hop on the monorail and sit down in full costume.
Not allowed on ANY Disney Transportation.