... But .....I don't have a receipt.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
that_one_girl
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

... But .....I don't have a receipt.

Post by that_one_girl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:55 pm

So a lady came up yesterday and exclaimed that her henna she received Friday (it was Sunday) was not showing on her skin. By the way I do henna and face painting and stupid stuff. Anyways, she shows me this empty spot on her back and yes there was nothing there.
Well, She asks for a refund so I agreed as long as I could have the receipt.
Her mother or sister or whatever began to say that she herself was proof that she got the henna and that she didn't need a tiny paper to prove so.

HA

Anyways, so I told her that if she couldn't find it after a few hours that she could come back and get the same one for half price. That's a pretty nice thing for me to do. I didn't have to only because she wasn't my customer but I offered anyways. So she complained that she needed to speak to my manager and that I didn't know what I was doing and on and on...

Moral of story
I thought everywhere in the world required a receipt to return something.

Because how would I know if she lied or got it somewhere else.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: ... But .....I don't have a receipt.

Post by hobie16 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:00 pm

that_one_girl wrote:...
Moral of story
I thought everywhere in the world required a receipt to return something.
Home Despot will give out store credits.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:54 pm

What was the lady complaining about? And what is a henna? :) My friends do the face painting in Fantasyland and they do give the parents receits too.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 pm

turkeyham wrote:What was the lady complaining about? And what is a henna? :) My friends do the face painting in Fantasyland and they do give the parents receits too.
I like a little henna for breakfast once in a while, with a little piglet...

Corey

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 pm

turkeyham wrote:What was the lady complaining about? And what is a henna? :) My friends do the face painting in Fantasyland and they do give the parents receits too.
(??)

Henna is a substance that is used to make intricate designs, and once applied, should last for a couple of weeks or so. It looks like a tattoo!

I was going to get one in Morcco at Epcot. I was going to have it on my arm of a pirate theme, but the person that was going to put it on went off duty before I got there.

meh.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna
It is derived from a plant and a molecule calle lawsone attaches to protein. The longer the henna dye is left on the longer and darker the tattoo. It has been used on horse hooves, drumheads, clothing and tattoos as it repels some insects. At one time henna for body tattoo imports was illegal because so much of it was adulterated with toxins. Henna rinses have been around for a long time and Lucille Ball used henna.

http://www.hennapage.com/
http://www.hennapedia.com/
It is dangerous and illegal to do body art with para-phenylenediamine (PPD, synthetic black hair dye), usually sold as "Black Henna". "Black Henna" can leave people with severe scars and long term health problems.
Black Henna was once only referring to dried indigo but now also refers to PPD which is dangerous.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:56 am

out of curiosity, what kind of Henna product do you use?
I bought some at our local Indian Store and it seemed to leave a good stain for over a week. Does yours come with a special applicator to make it easier to apply?

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

that_one_girl
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by that_one_girl » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm

The lady was complaining that it didn't show up but my manager has certain policies and we can't exactly give store credit.

We use a henna that is a cone and we hand draw it on.

We work on commission if that helps to even anything.

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:52 pm

So did your manager let her score her free henna like she wanted all along? :cool:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 am

I used to use henna to color my hair, but with my medium-dark brunette hair, it barely showed. Plus it was getting harder to find where I lived. Not to mention messy and very time-consuming. So, I switched to hair coloring, to get the desired red-auburn look. My nephew is in an aprenticeship with a high-end hair salon, and he cut and colored my hair once. But he's so busy, and I like to do things on a schedule; as a result, my gray hairs, roots, and curls plus grown-out hair leaves me looking awful. But with what's been going on lately, my nephew can't get over here to do my hair. I have a couple boxes of hair color left, and if he doesn't do my hair soon--he needs as much practice as possible--I'm going to do it again myself. I hate it when people don't follow through.

When I was using henna, I saw it in neutral, brown, and black as well as the traditional red. It's said that people are not allergic to red henna, but apparently this black henna, as Churchy said, is a problem.