You know you've had a LONG day when....

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

You know it's going to be a LONG day when....

Post by hobie16 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:42 pm

...you put on your shoes and they're still warm.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: You know you've had a LONG day when....

Post by Main Streeter » Tue May 30, 2006 3:42 am

Grumpy wrote:On my caller ID, whenever Disney calls (who else would call except scheduling anyway?), it shows up on my phone as "Crap it's Disney"
Too funny Grumpy :D: Set my Disney scheduling ring tone as The Sting. Seems appropriate ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: You know it's going to be a LONG day when....

Post by Main Streeter » Tue May 30, 2006 3:47 am

hobie16 wrote:...you put on your shoes and they're still warm.
This would be directly after a Grad Night shift, right? :eek:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

americawestguy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by americawestguy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:30 pm

i been away from disneyland for a while now, but the vocabulary and way of life never leaves you. i will walk thru a store and notice things out place or messy and say that is bad show! I always use the two finger point.
Working at an airline i always get my speils messed up. At kiosk they boarding passes will print and we will ask may i see your id and boarding pass, but at main ticket counter boarding passes print out on our side. However i always go into the spiel may i see your id and boarding pass and they are always confused because they don't have their boarding pass.
Another thing is they will say they have no bags, then a few minutes later i willl launch into "are your bags unlocked, any film fire arms" shit they just said they didn't have bags. Half the time it feels like i am on auto pilot.

former custodian who still loves Disneyland!

Crystal2485
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Crystal2485 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:21 am

i know ive had a long day when....
~i ask a customer for her reciept(to give her her food) and she says you took it from me, i proceed to look at my hand that is holding the ticket up i just didnt notice it. oops(that was yesterday)
~i try to put the big lids on the little cups and vice versa.
~i close the register without giving the custumers their change back.(then i take the next order quickly so i can open the register again)
~i'm hollering a food order wondering where the customers are just to realize that im at the wrong counter.
~i cant remember what i was doing and have to pause and try to remember.
~when i had to edit customer because i spelt it costumer lol
~this happened while i was a guest at mgm today on the backlot tour, the tour guide told everybody about fantasmic and when he gave directions said that it was right before haunted mansion, i cracked up, im pretty sure he meant tot, i would have said something if i would have had time.

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:02 am

I'm a computer tech. I have had days like that. The other day was particularly busy and I was working on this woman's machine and finished up and then looked at my growing list of work-orders and asked the woman where "Jane Doe" was located in that building.

She replied "uh, that's me.."

To which I could only think to say "Oh yeah, that's right.."

What makes this sad is that this woman has been at the same desk for the last 3 years and I have seen and spoken with her on an almost daily basis for that same length of time..

Juggling Freak

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:29 am

JugglingFreak wrote: What makes this sad is that this woman has been at the same desk for the last 3 years and I have seen and spoken with her on an almost daily basis for that same length of time..
You're a computer tech, and you've seen the same client nearly daily for 3 years ... that could be a bad sign.

For me the "You know you've had a long day" giveaway is spiel bloopers. Espicially since I tend to get bounced around to different attractions within my area, sometimes multiple times in one day. So, there are times when I just completely forget where I'm at. "Welcome on board the Wildlife Express, bound for Rafiki's Planet Watch. My name's Eric, and I'll be your game driver for your two week photo safari." (I was spieling on the train, the 2 week photo safari part is when I'm at Safaris)

I've been told that my accent becomes somewhat more pronounced when I'm tired (I have a very slight canadian accent), and that I start using the word "eh"

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:37 pm

hhsrat wrote:You're a computer tech, and you've seen the same client nearly daily for 3 years ... that could be a bad sign.
LOL.. Yes, it's called "job security".

In reality, We have assigned buildings on the campus and we have to "make rounds" daily.

JF

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:56 am

-When you've been pulled from where you started did a costuming change and then get pulled back there 2 hours latter and the guy in costuming says "Didn't you just change OUT of that?"

-When your feet are more orange then normal. (Moccosins make my feet orange)

-You're sopping wet on any part of your costume and its not water. (The canoe crew was walking out and the parade kids said "Why are you all wet? Did you fall in? We said "This isn't water")

-You yell at cars to disbatch on the light

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:51 pm

I know I've had a long day when I notice I have put 20 dollar bills in with the 5 dollar bills.... I then quickly put them in the proper place in my till box

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...