You know you've had a LONG day when....

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:11 am

^true... but it's worth a shot. I can't count the number of times they've called me to see if I wanted a shift at a location I HATE and one that I've told them many many times that I would NOT take any shifts at. They would call, I'd say no I don't want to ever work that location again, but if you have something open up anywhere else you can let me know... they'd call half an hour later wanting to know if I wanted to work that same location for a different day. :throw:

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:11 pm

SpaceRanger wrote: They would call, I'd say no I don't want to ever work that location again, but if you have something open up anywhere else you can let me know... they'd call half an hour later wanting to know if I wanted to work that same location for a different day. :throw:
At least they aren't as sneeky as the managers that I've delt with before. They would call me back 30 mins later for a shift at a diffrent location, and then after I've been working there for an hour or so they would then pull me to the location that I hate to work at. :hammer:

Edited by Polar33 to fix error in BBCode.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:50 am

^lol my managers have done that too... but I've taken to complaining about it til they offer me free food for going to that other location. :wink:

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

BabyAngel024
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BabyAngel024 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:37 pm

Wubbo wrote:yeah i also get my 2 jobs confused and i'll usually end up asking my arbys costumers for their autographs. they'll usually give me weird looks or start laughing. but sometimes the guests at disney will question me about the autograph question also- i usually tell them that i plan to sell theirs on ebay. ya know to help supplement my pay from disney. :D

I so know what you mean Wobbo, I work at arbys where i live, but for disney i work for room reseverations, i have done this so many times at disney "Thank your for choosing Arby's, would like to try a market fresh sandwich today?.......oops wrong job." The guest just starts laughing at me, but they understand.
Also while i am at arbys on drive thru, i state "thank you for calling disneyland room resort room reservations, this is .......oops thank you for choosing arbys order when your ready." Everyone i work with just laughs at me.

Im like sorry not enough sleep between jobs.

Wiseone2980
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Wiseone2980 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:58 pm

When i help my mom clean up the kitchen after dinner i'll say "behind" when i walk behind her carrying something that could be spilled or a kinfe or something like that. and sometimes i'll knock on the door to the bathroom at work, just incase there is someone on the otherside. sheesh, i need a vacation!

--The WiseOne--

sistercoyote
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by sistercoyote » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:03 pm

They asked me to knock on bathroom doors, becaus of the way I tend to blow through them.

Ways you know you're tired:

It's Grad Nite, and you're walking around Star Traders mumbling "Please return your cast member to their full upright position when you're finished using them."

Ways you know your fellow CMs are tired:

They all think this is the funniest thing they've heard in days.

SweetAurora
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SweetAurora » Mon May 10, 2004 1:14 am

After a very long day, a child with long blonde hair exited off my ride.

"Have a fun day, princess!" I said to the tyke.

The child turned around and faced me, and aghast! It was a boy. He sneered at me and growled, "I'm not a PRINCESS..." and stalked off with his little sister laughing hysterically behind him..

I do all the aforementioned "long-day" antics, but that one probably traumatized that kid for life.

Hey! BTW this is my first post. This site kicks ass! :)

~*I am youth! I am joy! I am a little chick bursting out of an egg!*~

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Mon May 10, 2004 5:16 am

You know you've had a long day when you're sweeping in your area, then you "zone out" and wonder into (not another area but,) another land. :mrgreen:

That's happened to me more times than I'd like to admit.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Mon May 10, 2004 5:50 pm

once after a long day at jungle I found myself at a green light with the person in front of me not moving and I yelled "move it up skip!""

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:07 pm

Screwing up on the phone is a part of life. Try being a roadie (like me!), and see how much mirth you cause amongst your friends when you're home and dial "9" to get an outside phone line FROM YOUR OWN HOUSE! Damn jet lag. :x

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson