You know you've had a LONG day when....

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

You know you've had a LONG day when....

Post by SpaceRanger » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:03 pm

...you go to walk into the bathroom and knock twice before you walk thru the door. Or when your manager walks by you and you start giving them the same spiel that you give to every other guest.

:roll: I tend to just go on autopilot at work when I don't get enough sleep...

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:41 am

I know what you mean. When I first started working for the GIANT TELEPHONE COMPANY, I was eating at a restaraunt with my parents, and the waiter said thank you. I immediately said "and thank you for using **&*, have a nice day". I was very embarrased, but everyone else thought it was hilarious.

Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:03 am

Went home for a lunch break and couldn't help myself. "Electronics. This is CujoSR. How may I help you? Damn. Hi Robyn."

I hate work habits.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:18 pm

...when you're at belts at Matterhorn and you say "welcome back everyone. Exit to the right please," and then some guests points out that they haven't even been on the ride yet. :oops:

Vance likes ham.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:46 pm

answer the home phone "pirates..." or "mansion..." and it happens to be someone you work with on the other end who starts laughing hysterically at the fool who takes their work home with them :oops:

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:02 am

VonSeegs wrote:...when you're at belts at Matterhorn and you say "welcome back everyone. Exit to the right please," and then some guests points out that they haven't even been on the ride yet. :oops:
Heh... "Uhhh, yes ma'am. Since we're running at high capacity today, we can't spare the time it woudl take to allow people to ride the actual attraction. But, since you seem a little upset about it, I guess we can make an exception this time." ;)

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:34 am

BirdMom wrote:answer the home phone "pirates..." or "mansion..." and it happens to be someone you work with on the other end who starts laughing hysterically at the fool who takes their work home with them :oops:
I've answered the phone at my other job with "Tower of Terror" before... very confused customer on the other end :) I always ask the customers there for their autographs too when the have a credit card, that always gets a confused look or a laugh. They understand when I say "sorry about that, I work at Disney"

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:48 am

BirdMom wrote:answer the home phone "pirates..." or "mansion..." and it happens to be someone you work with on the other end who starts laughing hysterically at the fool who takes their work home with them :oops:
lol... the people in scheduling could prolly have fun telling you stories of all the times I've answered the phone like that... hmm, speaking of phones and scheduling, there was once when they called me around 7am (god... never pick out the loudest most annoying ring tone for Disney... altho it seems fitting, it's hard to try to ignore when you're asleep) to see if I'd come in to work around 11. I said sure, and then (since I knew the person really well) joked around and told them they'd have to give me a wakeup call around 10 tho cuz I was going back to sleep. Well I did go back to sleep for a bit, but then got up cuz I didn't figure they'd actually call back... but sure enough she decided to be a smart ass and call like I said right around 10... ya know, you really shouldn't give people in scheduling a hard time often, they can really make your life hell ;)

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

Wubbo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Wubbo » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 pm

yeah i also get my 2 jobs confused and i'll usually end up asking my arbys costumers for their autographs. they'll usually give me weird looks or start laughing. but sometimes the guests at disney will question me about the autograph question also- i usually tell them that i plan to sell theirs on ebay. ya know to help supplement my pay from disney. :D

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:55 pm

I don't get the autograph thing. You guys ask guests for autographs now?

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com