You know you've had a LONG day when....

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:31 am

coldfire409 wrote:
SpaceRanger wrote: They would call, I'd say no I don't want to ever work that location again, but if you have something open up anywhere else you can let me know... they'd call half an hour later wanting to know if I wanted to work that same location for a different day. :throw:
At least they aren't as sneeky as the managers that I've delt with before. They would call me back 30 mins later for a shift at a diffrent location, and then after I've been working there for an hour or so they would then pull me to the location that I hate to work at. :hammer:

Edited by Polar33 to fix error in BBCode.

HAH! i only know one attraction, so they really can't do that to me, because i like geust control parades, and steam trains isn't themed to fantasmic!, and, um, my costume is at home, i can't check out any more of them...

why is fantasmic! such a pain in the ass, and why is the costume so shitty, i mean come on, it can't be that hard to figure out something that themes nicely to adventure frontier new orleans and critter country, i think they should theme Fantasmic! better, i'll get some friends to do guest complaints...

Edited again by CujoSR to fix repeated error: Don't edit quotes unless you add the tags.

Gimme some soft serve!

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:58 pm

IndyBob wrote:There was nights when I was in scheduling till 3am and I went home and went back to sleep and I got a call around 10 or 11 from scheduling asking me to come in, but I answered the phone "Scheduling this is Bob" :D
Ha ha! I've gotten that from you a couple of times.

Vance likes ham.

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:00 pm

SpaceRanger wrote: (god... never pick out the loudest most annoying ring tone for Disney... altho it seems fitting, it's hard to try to ignore when you're asleep)
I have been too lazy to set up certain groups to have certain ringtones. . my ringtone is (literally) "Answer the damn phone. . . ."

On my caller ID, whenever Disney calls (who else would call except scheduling anyway?), it shows up on my phone as "Crap it's Disney" I can then make a decision if I'm going to answer it or not. . .

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

Jungle Vanessa
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jungle Vanessa » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:39 am

Grumpy wrote:On my caller ID, whenever Disney calls (who else would call except
scheduling anyway?), it shows up on my phone as "Crap it's Disney" I
can then make a decision if I'm going to answer it or not....
That's a really good idea I just may have to use that.

CoffeeGirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: You know you've had a LONG day when....

Post by CoffeeGirl » Wed May 24, 2006 12:06 am

No one has posted here in a while and I was looking for a place to post my funny CM story. This seemed like the place. Poor Vicki, she had had a long day. We were working Spectacle in Dec/Nov'04 at the Studios. It was me and two managers backstage at YouseGuys stocking the glow carts that had to go out soon. Well, we were also trying keep up with the new flyer out at the register and with the other CMs running around. So all of a sudden, just when things were going well, Vicki comes running back there out of breath. I look up and ask her what's the matter. Here's what she tells us: "I ran..*pant* all the way from the TopHat cart(across the area)...*pant* a Guest...*catching her breath some* A guest...in an EC..had an ECV...and they died." Both the managers and myself just froze. "They died?!" I remembered then that my best friend was working over at TopHat...so I pressed her for details. She finally got out that is wasnt the guest who had died..it was the ECV. Relieved, we all had a good laugh.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed May 24, 2006 2:04 am

nitro-junkie wrote:Screwing up on the phone is a part of life. Try being a roadie (like me!), and see how much mirth you cause amongst your friends when you're home and dial "9" to get an outside phone line FROM YOUR OWN HOUSE! Damn jet lag. :x
Same here. Worked 19 days straight(people sick,vacations),phone rings@home"Thank you for calling Erv's Rental,can I help you?" My late mil says"What?" :cool:
Just as much fun as being hungover at work,trying to call home(phone# close to work#). My co-worker at the other end of the counter answers(the same way).And all I can say is "WTF are you doing @ my house?" :eek:

tskbf2005
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tskbf2005 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:00 am

you screw up at speil at 5:30 pm by saying welcome abord the s/c @ wipeout

I DON'T make the rules, I just enforce them

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Sun May 28, 2006 11:09 am

I was working a marathon shift the day after the annual CM party (surprisingly, only the non-drinkers showed up for work that day...) and had been riding the Steam Train waaay to many times around the park that afternoon when a fellow CM called me up on the radio to tell me "Dude, you just did the english spiel, then the french, then the english, then the french, then the english, then the french... ...want me to take that train for a while?".
A few of the passengers that chose to disembark at the station after the one I was riding to then were laughing and asked me wether or not I was an audioanimatronic that had gotten stuck...

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

IRSmart1
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IRSmart1 » Mon May 29, 2006 2:22 am

[quote="SpaceRanger"]lol... my phone is usually across the room or in another room... but at least by having a different ring tone for Disney, I know not to bother getting up and running to the other side of the room to try to answer it ]

I agree. I have "Be Our Guest" play whenever Disney calls me. IT's really easy to ignore after that. :twisted:

"Where did I park? You work here and you don't know where I parked?!"
"Nope, sorry. I forgot to memorize all 15,000 cars' spots as they drove in today." :p:

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Mon May 29, 2006 7:02 pm

IRSmart1 wrote:I agree. I have "Be Our Guest" play whenever Disney calls me. IT's really easy to ignore after that. :twisted:
Whenever WDW calls the Caller ID says Unknown Caller, so when I know works short and is begging me to come in I just dont answer.

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker: