A Mcd's SET

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

A Mcd's SET

Post by Notatourist » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:01 am

Yep, that's right, it's a stupid employee trick...had one who literally sold me a burger without a meat patty.

I was supposed to get one. I went back, told him this and his reply "I made the burgers and all of them had meat."

My thought? Really? THEN WHY AM I STANDING HERE?

One remade burger and no apology later, I called corporate. Anyone ever have that one happen to him?

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: A Mcd's SET

Post by glendalais » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:31 am

Notatourist wrote:One remade burger and no apology later, I called corporate. Anyone ever have that one happen to him?
So.....he gave you a bun with lettuce, tomato, sauce and nothing else?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:39 am

Calvin once told me how he made a bunch of burgerless hamburger sandwiches and nobody complained, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
Reminds me of you, "Where's the beef?".

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 am

glendalais wrote:So.....he gave you a bun with lettuce, tomato, sauce and nothing else?
Yep.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:43 am

Notatourist wrote:Yep, that's right, it's a stupid employee trick...had one who literally sold me a burger without a meat patty.

I was supposed to get one. I went back, told him this and his reply "I made the burgers and all of them had meat."

One remade burger and no apology later, I called corporate. Anyone ever have that one happen to him?
That is their new Low Cholesterol Low Fat Burger ! you are lucky they did not charge you extra for it ! :twisted:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Notatourist wrote:Yep, that's right, it's a stupid employee trick...had one who literally sold me a burger without a meat patty.

Maybe it's their idea of nouveau cuisine; a quarter of the food for three time the price.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:12 pm

If it was at McD's, he was doing you a favor!!!! hehehehhehee

Now, In and Out,...that requires a special request!!!

heheheheheheh

Mmmmmmmmm, double double animal!!!

(burp!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Once, I bought some roach poison, and it was supposed to have a tube of roach gel as well as another component, I think it was a "roach hotel" type thing. I went to use it, but the tube of gel was missing; I called their number, and they were very aploogetic. I told them, hey, I've worked on assembly lines, I know these things can happen, I once had a coworker who sent an empty box of something by mistake, etc.. So they got my address and sent me a coupon for a free tube of gel--an $18 value. I go to use the coupon, and the cashier is like, "Man, where did you get this?" and I told them.

And yes, it was worth $18--the stuff works great. The only thing I've used on roaches that works as well but a lot cheaper was this roach chalk from China. I was told to go get it in one of these Chinese-owned convenience stores and ask for it, because they have to sell it under the table. I thought it was because it worked so well they couldn't keep it in stock, but it wasn't until later I found out the stuff's illegal. :eek: :o:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:25 pm

felinefan wrote:I went to use it, but the tube of gel was missing...
I once shipped a used empty equipment cabinet to one of my systems engineers. He called to thank me for the system.

"What system?" I asked.

"I got a cabinet with a fully loaded system in it." he replied.

Turned out shipping swapped the paperwork and the SE got a brand new system that was suppose to go to Cisco. It was worth about $125,000. He got to use it for a week before shipping it back.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Warning! Avoid Village Haus at Disneyland. I went in there getting a cheese burger and fries. The fries were warm, but the meat patty was cold. I brought it to the manager's attention and he said the meat when it cools it is 140 degrees. Sorry, when I was at Del taco as a fry cook, burgers were fried on the grill at 360 degrees. 140 is a danger point in meat products. :eek: