A Mcd's SET

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: A Mcd's SET

Post by felinefan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:56 pm

HarryFromMarydelDE wrote:The Chinese roach chalk, if it was the brand called "Miraculous Roach Chalk", contained Deltamethrin, a common insecticide that is illegal for indoors use. Studies found that when repeatedly used indoors it can accumulate to between 200 and 400 times the EPA maximum human exposure (depending on temperature and sunlight and how much is used). It breaks down outdoors and is easily metabolized by the body in smaller doses. In higher dosages it begins to accumulate in the body and has no antidote except to stop the exposure and treat the symptoms until the body catches up on the backlog of unmetabolized chemical. It is a neurotoxin, so if allowed to accumulate long enough or to a high enough level it will cause permanent nervous system damage.

-Harry
Thanks for the information. That's the brand alright.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:42 am

ktulu wrote:I heard that Cuban's aren't really that great, it's just a novelty.
I have heard the same, that you get stuff that's just as good from several other places. The idea of Cuban cigars being good comes from the days before Castro.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:35 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I have heard the same, that you get stuff that's just as good from several other places. The idea of Cuban cigars being good comes from the days before Castro.
Same here -- they used to be top-rate, but the quality has gone way downhill.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

jerlove
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by jerlove » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:06 pm

In my opinion as a person who enjoys a good cigar now and then the Cubans are still up there as the best. Being a Canadian I am not influenced by the "novelty" aspect as they are easy available to me. I infact was in Cuba a few years back on vacation and got a few hand rolled right in front of me.

Wonderfull Cigars. But to each their own.

On a side note... The continued US embargo of Cuba is a wonderfull thing. It means very cheap vacations for us Canadians. :D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:59 pm

A guess would be that it will end in the next few years. (the embargo)

and I understand that a lot of the great cigars can be found in Miami.

supposedly there are some experts that "immigrated" from Cuba, residing there.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:35 pm

My daughter brought me back a couple of Cubans from Italy a while ago and I felt the Nicaraguain cigars I get from my local shop are better.

Now, what quality she bought is another issue.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."