A Mcd's SET

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: A Mcd's SET

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:21 pm

FelineFan is is true that your roaches all die from the opiate powder you been putting out, lol? Just wondering it the roaches trip out on LSD then die. What else besids DDT could be illegal.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:26 am

Felinefan, your story reminds me of the time that Little Wallaby and I were in Victoria, BC, and we got some Bacardi rum to enjoy. Most of it was still left when the trip was done, so we put it in the trunk, and didn't think much of it.

At Border Patrol coming into Washington, they asked if we had anything that I had bought, and I told them I had some leftover rum in the trunk, and they waved me through... maybe for the fact I was honest.

It was about a week later that we pulled it out to put it in something, and I saw the label: Hecho en Cuba.

Needless to say, I got rid of it and destroyed the bottle.

What would have happened if the Border Patrol had decided we needed to be searched and found that bottle with the label? Anything?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 am

Hopefully you got rid of it by filtering it through your kidneys.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:39 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Felinefan, your story reminds me of the time that Little Wallaby and I were in Victoria, BC, and we got some Bacardi rum to enjoy. Most of it was still left when the trip was done, so we put it in the trunk, and didn't think much of it.

At Border Patrol coming into Washington, they asked if we had anything that I had bought, and I told them I had some leftover rum in the trunk, and they waved me through... maybe for the fact I was honest.

It was about a week later that we pulled it out to put it in something, and I saw the label: Hecho en Cuba.

What would have happened if the Border Patrol had decided we needed to be searched and found that bottle with the label? Anything?

Not really.

An american citizen can bring back spirits (the drinking kind) (you MUST declare it) The rules DO say that they must be unopened. Usually an opened bottle is not a big deal, as long as you do not exceed the amount allowed per person. The worst that would have happened was that you would have had to pour it out.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Ah, thanks GP. Actually, it was opened, but hopefully because it was in the trunk, they would have realized it wasn't along to drink on the road. And while it would have been a waste, pouring it out is much better than having to go to jail or pay huge fines.
hobie16 wrote:Hopefully you got rid of it by filtering it through your kidneys.
Aye. that we did. Over a short bit of time... most of it before I saw that label, of course, but the result was the same.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:27 pm

I have no idea what was in the roach chalk--it was labeled as being safe to use around children and pets, though the label did recommend washing your hands after applying it.

Mom says that when we were in Australia 1965-66, she had a pair of Chinese made shoes. They were made far better than the current product. Anyway, at that time, Australia was trying to keep foreign goods out, and she would not have been able to bring the shoes in, so she was forced to throw them away.

Back in 1975, when I was returning from staying with relatives in the Midwest, my aunt had packed me some food for the bus trip. As instructed, I ate the hard boiled egg first. Later, at the California-Arizona border, we had to stop for the agricultural inspection. I remembered I had an apple, so I took it out and asked if it was okay for me to eat it. The woman agent said, "Be my guest." So after I ate the apple, I thought I was in the clear. It wasn't until a day later, after I got home and unpacked, that I found a second apple in my suitcase! I'd inadvertantly brought an undeclared apple into California! I understood the reason why they have that in place, so when I discovered the apple, I kinda panicked. Mom told me to go ahead and eat it. I think I may have taken special care in disposing of the core; I certainly didn't want to be responsible for carrying a disease or pest into California!

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:58 pm

We had that happen to us at McD's too. Jack ordered the chicken sandwich and as we were driving away, I opened the box to find the bun but no chicken patty!

We drove back and the girl that had helped us said, "Oh, sorry." in that I really don't give a rat's ass attitude. I asked to speak to the manager since this brain dead girl was just standing there.

The manager comes over and she is very nice. She apologizes for the overlook and not only gives us a new chicken sandwich, but 2 apple pies! I did not expect that and said so as well as thanked her. She said that we shouldn't worry as it was coming out of that girl's paycheck.

She winked at us as she said it and I could swear the girl's face turned white. Then the manager started laughing and said, "You just need to be more careful from now on. Got it?" The girl skittered back into the kitchen after that.

Needless to say, we haven't been back to that McD's.

But I'm sure that girl thinks twice now about not checking the bags. One day that manager may not have such a sense of humor.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

HarryFromMarydelDE
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by HarryFromMarydelDE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:33 pm

mechurchlady wrote:FelineFan is is true that your roaches all die from the opiate powder you been putting out, lol? Just wondering it the roaches trip out on LSD then die. What else besids DDT could be illegal.
The Chinese roach chalk, if it was the brand called "Miraculous Roach Chalk", contained Deltamethrin, a common insecticide that is illegal for indoors use. Studies found that when repeatedly used indoors it can accumulate to between 200 and 400 times the EPA maximum human exposure (depending on temperature and sunlight and how much is used). It breaks down outdoors and is easily metabolized by the body in smaller doses. In higher dosages it begins to accumulate in the body and has no antidote except to stop the exposure and treat the symptoms until the body catches up on the backlog of unmetabolized chemical. It is a neurotoxin, so if allowed to accumulate long enough or to a high enough level it will cause permanent nervous system damage.

-Harry

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. -Jack Handy

HarryFromMarydelDE
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by HarryFromMarydelDE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Felinefan, your story reminds me of the time that Little Wallaby and I were in Victoria, BC, and we got some Bacardi rum to enjoy. Most of it was still left when the trip was done, so we put it in the trunk, and didn't think much of it.

Here is the Customs regulation concerning anything made in Cuba except informational materials (which can be freely imported):
515.204 - Importation of and dealings in certain merchandise.

(a) Except as specifically authorized by the Secretary of the Treasury (or any person, agency, or instrumentality designated by him) by means of regulations, rulings, instructions, licenses, or otherwise, no person subject to the jurisdiction of the United States may purchase, transport, import, or otherwise deal in or engage in any transaction with respect to any merchandise outside the United States if such merchandise: (1) Is of Cuban origin; or (2) Is or has been located in or transported from or through Cuba; or (3) Is made or derived in whole or in part of any article which is the growth, produce or manufacture of Cuba.
Even if you bought it in Canada, Customs will still confiscate it if it is labeled as having been made in Cuba or containing ingredients that were made in Cuba. The State Department's web site (in their travel advisories) classifies the confiscation of Cuban rum as "routine". Other than confiscation, there are normally no fines or other penalties unless they think you were going to try to sell it (for example, if you had several cases) or if it is something that would have even been illegal if it wasn't from Cuba.

The embargo is on importing or selling Cuban products; I'm pretty sure there is no restriction on just having them, so you probably didn't have to destroy the bottle.

-Harry

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. -Jack Handy

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:13 pm

My wife has a friend whose mom is Cuban. Cuban nationals can bring certain amounts of things from Cuba. She brings Cuban cigars all the time and sells them to people. I heard that Cuban's aren't really that great, it's just a novelty.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."