Whats Faster Space or Splash?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
se8472
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Whats Faster Space or Splash?

Post by se8472 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:00 pm

I was at greeter one day at space when this guest comes up to me and ask if she can ride the ride. I told her yes since she was tall enought. But then she says she is scared of fast rides. I told her that we max out at about 28mph but it will seem faster then that.

Her husband (or whoever he was to her) said well she has been on splash mt. Is it as fast as that. I then told the them the fact that splash will go above 40 on its largest drop. But I told them that space is a coaster while splash is a boat ride and she was like ok I will do it.

Lord and be hold maybe 30 minutes later they come out all angrey faced yelling at me about how much of a lier I was and that when people ask a question I should give them a truthful answer. Then he wants to speak with my manager. Well I am all like "well I told you all the facts, what more do you want from me?" he says my manager so I go to call one but then he is like "No wait I have your name" I then told him my name and that guest relations will be happy to take your complant that a CM told you that splash was faster then space"

Course one of the guest coming in was like "get that offten" I replyed to offten...

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:12 pm

That just doesn't happen at Space when I worked in Tomorrowland, it would also happen at alien. That's part of the reason I left the old mountain. Although I liked how Jerry took care of those issues when they came up. He basically said shove it to the guest, but the guest thought he took care of it.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

RocketBoatZ15
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by RocketBoatZ15 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:55 pm

guests ask me that question like every day and i tell them that i cant compare two completely different types of rides.

You! OFF the red carpet!

SplashMtnBoy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SplashMtnBoy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:02 am

I work at both Thunder and Splash and I always get guests asking the same questions when I'm out at greeter. "Which one is faster?" "If i ride ____ and liked it would I like _____?" "Is this one sacrier than ______?"
Just get on the ride and find out!!!
-Brer Joe

Have a seat ma'am. It's supposed to be wet. It's a water ride. Why do you think we call it Splash Mountain. If you want to stay dry, then go to Country Bears.