I Feel so Duped!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

I Feel so Duped!

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:08 pm

I'm a nice gal - but maybe too nice! Maybe I just need to grow a spine.

You see, I found out that I have just been duped by a fellow CM who I kindly befriended and hung out with. You see, I had decided to be friends with a male co-worker because he seemed really nice. Although he is slightly socially awkward, I felt that he needed a friend as some others fine him rather - off the wall. He likes hanging out with the smaller gals in entertainment and often wants to hug and kiss us on our cheeks and heads. Other times he comes to work early to tag about other CMs on their rounds and again, usually with the females - gets attached to them. Already, he has followed a few of us into a typically all female entertainment green room and simply hangs put in there while we dress -- never offering to go out. He says he is there to help us, but we all feel very uncomfortable. Many of us don't have the heart to say anything as we believe he is slightly developmentally challenged. No one knows for certain.

Anyway, I decided to be a friend and have dinner with him one night. We had a nice meal and a nice chat. he told me all about his time in his 6 years at Disney and the many fun, crazy, and facinating things things he's done. I was impressed, he certainly did alot in the company.

However -- After chatting about my nice time with him to a few co-workers, I was soon in for the biggest kick in the stomach. They told me that he in fact is known for telling tall tales, streching truths, and playing stories up and that DIDN'T do hardly any of the stuff he told me about. I was hurt. I go out of my way to be friends, be nice to him -- and then I find out I been lied to for mostly half the night!! (This has been confirmed by more than two fellow CM's who had known him for most of his time there.)

*sigh*

Why? Why why why? Now I feel like some push over. So naive. I mean, I should have read him right there. Although many of his stories were too good to be true - I gave him the benefit of a doubt.

I'm just a little upset about it all.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: I Feel so Duped!

Post by Zazu » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:I found out that I have just been duped by a fellow CM who I kindly befriended and hung out with.
We are all going to make mistakes, especially in relationships -- even casual ones like you described. While we don't want to become victims, we do want to bias our behavior in favor of trust.

I often do a "worst-case analysis" of such things. In this situation, what if I'm nice and he's not? The down side is feeling duped. Not good.

But what if you had treated him poorly (which is to say, as he appears to have deserved), and it turns out he really was developmentally disadvantaged, or really had done all the fun things he told you about? You'd probably feel like an even bigger schmuck.

So call it a learning experience, call it hard-earned knowledge, or call it as I do, a "high-quality mistake", as having erred in the opposite direction would likely have been even worse.

Then squirt something sticky into his locker when you know he's off on a long weekend. :twisted:

Zazu

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:22 pm

pervert alert

ouch them bells are ringing in my ears

Any man who kisses women he is working with is abnormal. If you know someone of the opposite gender for a long time then a hug is ok but not kissing. No man in his right mind stays in the women only areas. He is breaking rules and could get the company in trouble. I would kick he butt out of there in a heartbeat. I would have had security dragging him out of there by his XXXX.

Never trust a man who does not exhibit good moral values. Either he has mental limitations like autism or he is not right in the head moral values wise.

You are a kind person and kind people are often abused and mistreated. In time you will be like us old ladies and be tough and mean and hide your goodness to dole out carefully.

big hugs and sorrry for what happened.

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:32 pm

That's so sad to hear :( .

I agree with Zazu, if you had made a mistake in the opposite way, it woud have probably been much worse.

As to the following Female CMs into your Green Room....contact your Leader and/or Human Resources immediately. That's definately not right, whether or not he has developmental difficulties. It's certainly against TWDC policies, not to mention Federal Law. You should never have to feel uncomfortable in that manner in the workplace.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:52 pm

Remember the old adage. "Fool me once,your fault.Fool me twice,my fault". :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:50 pm

WHAT?!?!
Men LIE to get what they want?!?! :eek:
I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die from NOT SUPRISE! :iago:
Women lie, too. :rolleyes:
Better you found out now.

Hey Zazu, no Iago smilie? that is his phrase I quoted above!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:16 am

darph nader wrote:Remember the old adage. "Fool me once,your fault.Fool me twice,my fault". :(
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." That's how I always heard it and it flows better IMO.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 am

Shorty82 wrote:"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." That's how I always heard it and it flows better IMO.

Either way it goes - that's exactly how I'm feeling!

*turns to wall and starts repeatedly ramming head into it*

I admit it ... I'm gullible!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

DDuckLover
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DDuckLover » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:40 am

I'm the same way also, I believe much of what people say...but that doesn't make you foolish or anything. You're just a nice person who gives people with the benefit of a doubt. At least now you know not to believe what this guy says.

I agree with the others, I would contact a manager about him watching girls dressing, that seems completely inappropriate.

[font="Tahoma"]"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
[/font]

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Not to sound jaded, but I take everything that someone I don't really know tells me with a grain of salt. I find that I am not so disappointed when I find out they are lying. and of course, I never trust them with anything important.

BTW I like the George Bush take on the saying: 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....and I'll never be fooled again"

hehehehehe

ALMOST a malaprop!

(wonder if he had watched the opening of CSI Miami, and the song stuck in his head?)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?