One Line Please

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
StupidGuestTricks Yahoo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

One Line Please

Post by StupidGuestTricks Yahoo » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:50 pm

Date: Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:04pm
Subject: One Line Please

I was at Le Petite Chalet and had several guests at the front of the store. I had been alone for a while and my Lead had arrived just shortly before and started to help with the guests. I was on the middle register and she was on the register to my right, near the candy. I had 2 guests in line when a third guest, which we will call Guest C, came to my left side of the register and presented me with a few items to purchase. I told Guest C that we had a line to which she responded in an annoyed tone "Where is the end of the line?" I pointed to Guest B and told her that it was after the young boy. She said "ok" but I noticed that she continued to stand there. I asked her to please stand in line. She angrily responded: "I have a young child over there (she pointed to the back corner of the crowd) and you want me to move all my stuff to the back of the line?" There was someone else watching her child and stuff so I told her I was sorry but I needed to make one line. She thought that was ridiculous and said something to that effect. I couldn't understand her objection, it was just a few feet, but I just sighed and said OK. At that point,
Guest C said in a nasty tone that she was sorry that I was having a
bad day and that it was getting on my nerves. I told her that it had
been actually a good day. I finished with Guest A and thanked him and was about to help Guest B when another Guest, Guest D, asked where the end of the line was. I pointed to Guest C and told her it would be after her but to stand behind Guest B. I then said to Guest D that I was trying to make one
line. Guest C then said that I didn't have to get nasty with her and that I was pissing her off. I told her that I was sorry if I had done that and that it wasn't my intention. I finished with Guest B and thanked him and started to ring up Guest C. Guest C said that I should have more consideration and that I shouldn't treat her like that. At that point, another guest, Guest E, who was standing behind and to the side of Guest C said that Guest C should be the one to have more consideration and that she should have gotten in line like
I had asked her to. I finished with Guest C, thanked her and started ringing up Guest D. Guests C & E started to argue. Guest C saying that I was treating her badly and Guest E telling Guest C that she had someone looking over her child and belongings and this wouldn't have happened if she would have stood in the F@$#-ing line. I was going to say something to them but thought it might make things worse so I stayed out of it. Guest C then pointed to Guest E and asked me to call Security. I told Guest C that my Lead was at the other register and that I would call her. She said OK. I finished with Guest D and then went over to the other register and told my Lead that there was a guest that had a complaint. She told me she would be there in a moment after she finished with the current guest. I told Guest C this and she said ok. I did not see Guest E anymore after this point. I continued to ring up guests while Guest C waited for my Lead. My Lead arrived and started to speak to Guest C. I could overhear her and she sounded very upset and I could notice some embellishments in her story. For example; I did not get all huffy and puffy when at first she didn't want to get in line and I did not have a look of satisfaction when the other guest was telling her off. I actually had a look of concern. I didn't want this to get any uglier. Guest C then wanted to talk to a manager, my Lead called for a manager and one of them came. The Manager took Guest C to the side and spoke to her. I did not notice when they were done and Guest C and the manager left.

I haven't heard anymore about this so I know I didn't get into trouble, but some people just don't understand that they need to make a line. Looking back at the whole thing it was kinda neat that that one guest stood up for me. If only there were more guests that looked out for us.

StupidGuestTricks Yahoo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by StupidGuestTricks Yahoo » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:52 pm

Date: Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:04am
Subject: Re: One Line Please

Quite a story. Yea the line thing is a problem for us over at burr-
bank ice cream also. If you've ever been there when it's busy you
know it can be quite confusing. Nobody seems to see the line snaking
around to the door and go in the exit! Although it would help if we
still had an "exit only" sign! It was stolen months ago and we still
don't have a replacment. and yet they can still make hundreds of
signs at the last minute for the angels celebaration last month. Go
figure.

DPRSSDNKY
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: One Line Please

Post by DPRSSDNKY » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:27 am

We have a similar line problem in Pooh's Corner at Hunny Spot. We have 2 registers and 2 displays on either side of the registers. Well it is easiest for us when the guests finds what they want and then gets in line and tells us what they want or if they wait till we help them to point to it. But alot of the time we will be helping a guest in the line and someone will walk up out of the blue to the display and want to buy something, regardless if you are helping someone else. Most of the people are nice though when we tell them that there is a line.

For the last time, yes the birds are real...

If all the world's a stage, I want a better agent...

:eeyore: Where's Eeyore movie?

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Post by MEng85 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:20 pm

ever notice without barricades or ropes that guests make the weirdest lines on their own?!? they kinda start winding up like a snail shell, or a spirel...

YES!!!!! im incorrigible...anymore questions????

Anthony
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Anthony » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:44 am

Haha... Polar33... you know how how when you have a food wagon on one side and a soda wagon on another side, both facing the street.. then you sometimes get guests on both sides? And then the guest on the soda wagon either gets pissed when you tell them they have to wait in line behind the people on the food wagon side and they whine "But all I want is a drink!!!" or they look at you with a blank stare because they don't speak any English. And occasionally when I had my head turned in the other direction for one second they had already grabbed a drink and stood there with their money so I'd just sell it to them to make them go away. Then the person standing in the line on the food wagon side would get pissed at me for not making the other person buying a drink stand in line with everyone else. Fun...

Sometimes I'm glad I'm not in ODV anymore.

screnwriter
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by screnwriter » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:30 pm

[quote="StupidGuestTricks Yahoo"]From: Carlos &lt]

I was working Christmas Shop in NOS a few years ago, when a guest told me they'd just seen someone take one of the "books" of character tree ornaments and walk out with it. I asked if they had a description of the person but they hadn't. Two more guests said they'd seen it too. Again, no hard description.

About 5 minutes later, one of the guests walked back in carrying the book! She'd seen this woman with a lot of kids standing out by a trash can with this and other merchandise around. Recognizing the woman, my angel guest simply took back the book and returned it to me. Apparently the woman was sending her kids out to steal from various stores and keeping watch for security. I was very worried that the woman would return with a receipt, but since it was another guest who liberated the stolen merchandise, what could the guest do to me or the park?

And ya know what? The thief never came back to the scene of the crime...

:D: :D:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:06 pm

I was working at the MK's Fantasyland yesterday. Small World had their extended queue open, and the line was spilling out of the ropes. At one point, the line started to curve around to the left (if you're standing at the greeter position looking out at the line). Which happened to be where, on the other side of the street, the line for Peter Pan was spilling out of it's extended queue. So, basically, the back end of the two queues met. Confused a few guests that were trying to get in line for one, and ended up on the other. (also made sending flik cards a bit of a challenge, as I was not sure who was in which line)

Luckily, after about 20 mins, the lines both got pulled in a little, and the problem ceased to exist.

SamuraiKoala32
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SamuraiKoala32 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:54 pm

that really sucks. i get guests who don't see the line constantly (as i'm sure every other cast member does), but usually nothing to that dramatic extent. the worst i've had was this woman came up to my register, and after i had pointed out the tremendous line she had overlooked, she threw her postcards at me and muttered angrily, "fuck this" or something like that. now most people would be very upset about being pelted with postcards, but i thought it was hilarious how much she overreacted. so i still smiled and said "bye! have a great night!"

There is a fine line between friendly, entertaining guest service and being a total asshole. I am that fine line.

madhatter04
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by madhatter04 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:36 am

When I worked at Riverbelle, we'd always have 4 lines form instead of 1 on each side of the restaurant. Guests would immediately see the long lines for the registers and go straight to the counter and wait there innocently. Then, they'd ask "Well, aren't you going to take my order?" and I'd say "I'm sorry, but you'll need to pay at the cashier first and pick up your order over here." "What?? You expect me to wait in that long line? I'm HUNGRY!" "Yes, I'm sure everyone in line is hungry too!" ":leaving: This is ridiculous. They expect us to wait in line... FOR FOOD!!!"

--» Alex <--·´¯`·.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:03 am

SamuraiKoala32 wrote: she threw her postcards at me and muttered angrily, "fuck this" or something like that. now most people would be very upset about being pelted with postcards, but i thought it was hilarious how much she overreacted. so i still smiled and said "bye! have a great night!"
Sounds like you encountered my 4th of July guest from Show Case ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]