25 things...

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Double T
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: 25 things...

Post by Double T » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:41 pm

BRWombat wrote:
Alt-Alt? :D:
Left or right of the space bar.

ALT. Also Explains the Double T. Anthony/Tony. :D:

You know, Bladerunner is on the Instant Viewing queue on Netflix...could stream it through to my 360...

But I just don't have any urge to see it.

T

"You know Explorers...I have people ask me all the time how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years, and I tell them to just take a look..."
"They're covered with mussels."

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote: 5. I like to knit.
Yes!

We knitters will take over the world!

It's funny though, my friends still do a double take whenever I pull out those needles.

It's like I magically inherit a dozen cats and a shawl.

"Come on guys, I'm still a fun loving psycho. I'm just a fun loving psycho with talent."

But they all wind up asking for stuff. Or get stuff as Christmas gifts. HEHE

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Ah, I just did mine! Here it is ...

1. In a fantasy realm, I'm more than certain I'd be a Fairy.

2. I have a pack of Razzles on my desk - "First it's a candy ... Then it's a Gum!" Yes, I watched '13 Going on 30' this week.

3. Since I been at Disney, I have seen Micheal Phelps, David Archuleta, David Cook, and Sarah Brightman all in person at the Magic Kingdom. Got close to none though.

4. I have an odd thing for stationary stuff like note cards, pretty paper, blank journals, colored gel pens, and stickers. Bookmarks too.

5. I love junk food but my favorite places to shop for groceries are health food stores.

6. I been meowing and obsessed with cats as long as I can remember.

7. My betta fish is named Silvermist after the water talent fairy in the Disney Fairys line.

8. I have to touch a stage for good vibes after I had seen someone awesome perform on it.

9. I been watching 'Bathroom Divas: So You Want to be an Opera Star?' on Ovation.

10: I forget my lunch Tupperware in the fridge at work all the time.

11. I can be a very sinister violent little person when provoked, don't judge me by my size or how nice I act.

12. I love hoarding candy -- but I never eat it.

13. Why on Earth is it that I tanked all my other smaller auditions I've been to but passed the most important and hardest one?

14. I sometimes wish I could be an academic genius instead of an arts person.

15. I really don't like religion all too much - confining, smothering, and lots of times judgmental. Okay, save the Hari Krishnas and the Pagans - I loved them.

16. On the subject of 15, I loved pranking the Baptist Student Union building in college with friends by putting condoms, dental dams, lube samples and other sexual stuff we collected from the planned parenthood booth/PRIDE booths then sticking them in the building's mail slot.

17. I want to be forever single and free. No relationships for me!

18. Mulder and Scully are my favorite TV couple.

19. I have a tank of Sea Monkeys.

20. I have always wanted to be a classical singer, now I'm training to be one. What took so long?

21. I burn pages of my diaries/journals as a sign of release after I am done writing in them. But now that I have no real backyard or fireplace, I'm wondering where I will keep doing this.

22. 80's fashions scare me.

23. I want to visit London, have wanted to for many years now.

24. I like looking at formal dresses, but have no where to wear them.

25. I'm a nail biter.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:27 pm

1. I am almost 61 years old.
2. I was married for 29 years before getting divorced.
3. When I was 3, my uncle made a record of me singing “Beautiful Brown Eyes”
4. When I was 12, I’m told that I was the youngest member of S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A in the U.S.
5. I was the first member of my family to graduate from College.
6. I graduated from College on June 3, 1968 and was in basic training on June 4, 1968.
7. I once lost 23 lbs. in one day. (mostly water, but it counts)
8. I am a Vietnam Veteran.
9. I have 2 nearly perfect daughters.
10. And 3 absolutely amusing (to me) grandkids.
11. In my career I have been a retail store manager, did publishing and printing, owned a nursing home, did accounting for construction companies and a local school district, driven municipal buses and managed in same.
12. I went to Europe while in College for a tour.
13. I visited Osaka, Japan while on R&R from Vietnam.
In conjunction with that I went to the Worlds Fair in Montreal in 67 and the Worlds Fair in Osaka in 1970.
14. My all time favorite album is Abbey Road by (of course) The Beatles.
15. I made my first visit to WDW on 1983 at the age of 35.
16. My most current visit will be March 4, 2009.
17. I have had a full (trimmed) beard for the last 32 years.
18. I truly believe that no one on this planet could hate winter more than I do, yet I live in Vermont.
19. If I didn’t have a beard and thought that I wouldn’t look like a large egg plant in purple pants, I would apply at Disney to drive buses.
20. My absolute favorite Disney attraction is Soarin’ followed closely by Spaceship Earth, PoTC and the Haunted Mansion.
21. I go to Disney solo most of the time and have endured many strange looks and odd questions during those times.
22. I took my family, my daughters, sons in laws and grandchildren to WDW last year. http://animoto.com/play/vKd745jDk41oBt4yimvhGg
23. My very first love was Annette Funichello and my current one is Samantha Brown.
24. I hope to semi-retire in about 2 years.
25. My upcoming trip will be the first time that I have actually stayed on site.

:goofy: :goofy:

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Goofyernmost wrote: 23. My very first love was Annette Funichello and my current one is Samantha Brown.
Second time I seen her mentioned here! I have to admit, she is a charmer! I find her simply adorable - I have this thing for the cute, perky types.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:49 pm

1. I go on music "kicks" - right now, I'm on a Talking Heads / David Byrne kick. Last year it was Willie Nelson, and the year before, it was the Police.

2. My first car was a 1999 Chevrolet Prizm.

3. I once won fifth place in the country in something. (2001 NFL Oklahoma Nationals - Commentary)

4. I've had a hole-in-one in golf.

5. I've visited all four Walt Disney World theme parks in six hours.

6. I consider myself a hopeless romantic, deep down.

7. I don't like canned tuna, eggs (incl. omelets), mayonnaise, relish, and mustard.

8. I once shook hands with a man, who shook hands with a man, who shook hands with a man, who shook hands with Abraham Lincoln.

9. I say "what have you" a lot.

10. I spent four years umpiring youth baseball in my town, and I never ejected anyone.

11. I've never been abroad, though I just got my passport.

12. I make waffles from scratch at least once every two weeks.

13. I used to clean pinsetters at a candlepin bowling alley and work on Friday nights during "Cosmic Bowling" - probably the most fun I've ever had at a job.

14. I didn't say "hell" until the third grade, and my mom had to pay me to do it.

15. When I was little, my dad told me to "choke up" on a Wiffle ball bat, and I started coughing. I think he's still doubled over laughing.

16. I'm more shy and reserved than I make myself out to be.

17. I've never been pulled over.

18. I used to watch the Weather Channel all the time when I was 10.

19. I have an amazing family (two parents, three brothers, their wives, two nephews, and two cats).

20. My favorite karaoke songs are "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley and "Sussudio" by Phil Collins.

21. I sometimes have a hard time saying no to people.

22. I DJ at junior high school dances five times a year.

23. Three girls once mistook me for Matt Damon while walking on Boston Common with my brother and my dad.

24. I'm pretty left-brained, but I took outside art classes in fourth grade, culminating in a clay model of the Space Shuttle.

25. I grew up as a really picky eater until college - so much so that my mom was stunned when I told her I ate a baked potato at the dining hall freshman year.

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:14 am

Goofyernmost wrote:4. When I was 12, I’m told that I was the youngest member of S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A in the U.S.
Cool! Do you still sing?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Hmmmm, 25 things--don't think I could do it. Number one, I don't think I could come up with that many, number two, it would bore you all silly (though I have seen a few things in your posts that apply to me--you'll have to figure that out yourself, though!) :p: , and number three, I could tell you some stuff about me, but then I'd have to kill you later. :twisted: HHJK!

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:41 pm

BRWombat wrote:Cool! Do you still sing?
Only in the shower. I got into it because my Father was a founding member of our local group in upper N.Y. State. He lived, ate and breathed barbershop harmony. I enjoyed it a lot and still do, but the fun group that I belonged to was no longer available when we moved out of state and the local one took itself way to seriously. They required auditions, etc. and I really didn't want to have to do that. Can't explain why, just didn't feel good about it.

If you ever saw the Music Man you will remember the Buffalo Bills from both Broadway and the movie (Lida Rose, Sincere). The group broke up with the passing of a couple of the members and Verne Green...the little tenor with the huge voice...moved to our area. He didn't officially join the local chapter, but he did go to rehearsals and help with the "so called auditions". I passed the audition, but in the process noticed that they were not having any fun. It was all too serious. I spent a lot of time with Mr. Green getting him to reminisce about the days of grandeur when they were "stars" and in huge demand from fans all over. You could tell just how much he missed it. Sadly, Verne died about 10 years ago of Alzheimers. By the time he passed he had almost no memory of the past. It all just took the joy away for me. Anyway, I am either to lazy or just to detached at this point to have the drive to get back to it.

:goofy: :goofy:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:47 pm

felinefan wrote:Hmmmm, 25 things--don't think I could do it. Number one, I don't think I could come up with that many, number two, it would bore you all silly (though I have seen a few things in your posts that apply to me--you'll have to figure that out yourself, though!) :p: , and number three, I could tell you some stuff about me, but then I'd have to kill you later. :twisted: HHJK!
I triple dog dare you and will give you a dole whip and a pine float. We all confessed our sins and flaws and great moments. No holding back and if nothing else, fake it.