Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Hawkeye
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:04 pm

mapo wrote:Well, not exactly.

When you are picking up an EHH in a different area than your own, a few things to remember:
  • You are paid per that union contract wage level based on your company longevity. All of those union rules apply to your pay, break allowance, and walk time (if at MK).
  • You must meet any training restrictions for that position or be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
  • You are paid according to the pay rules of that union/entity. So if you are a full time O&T, but working a STCU position, you are paid per STCU contract. That is, after 14 hrs you are on double time.
  • For an O&T shift (yes, they exist), you are paid double time after 16 hrs of work that day. :eek:
  • Yes, it is possible to pick up EHH shifts for double time. The shift listing will tell you whether or not double time is permitted for that shift. I always print out my shift description. Then, I have proof that there was no prohibition on double time when I picked it up. I like to be safe.
  • Since your EHH is voluntary, "double back", "turnaround", and "bridging" are not possible.
This all refers to FULL TIME Cast. CR and CT are a little different.

You will find that the 22 hr. shifts that come up on EHH are clerical errors. They will be 'solved' miraculously when you report for that lovely golden goose shift. :rolleyes:

For the record, I do not currently work in Labor. I did move on to greener pastures, but will not tell you where. I like hiding in plain sight. :D:

MAPO
I've bridged into EHH shifts, and I've done turn about into EHH shifts. I don't have my blue book handy, but the basic wording in the contract is that if one shift is scheduled, and one is voluntary, you can get turn about, and get double time. But if both shifts are voluntary, then you only get 1.5x turn about. Did it like crazy easter of 07.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

Post by mapo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:41 am

Hawkeye wrote:I've bridged into EHH shifts, and I've done turn about into EHH shifts. I don't have my blue book handy, but the basic wording in the contract is that if one shift is scheduled, and one is voluntary, you can get turn about, and get double time. But if both shifts are voluntary, then you only get 1.5x turn about. Did it like crazy easter of 07.
Yes, one of the wonders of having Time Recorders in two central offices and no more ETR clerks at resorts. No one seems to get paid the same way. Go figure.

I do see you say 2007 in your post. I hope that they have clarified those sections of the contract by now. Then again, they should be on a different contract than I worked or paid people. I have only one contract to worry about now...thank Gawd.

Oh, I see you work at Coronado Front Desk! Have they finally stopped saying the words "You are force extended!" YET? Years ago, I would never, ever pick up a shift there cause they were famous for that! I love my overtime, I just like to choose when I want to work it. :eek:

Good luck.

MAPO