Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:37 am

crash wrote:The only problem is that in transportation we are governed by the federal DOT
They've got Monorails changed. We are considered an attraction. The vehicle is DOT, we are not.

Figure that one out.
SpeedFreak wrote:Another thing I don't get is the Extra Hours Hotline. They say you can't pick up a shift if it would cause you to get double time, but I have even seen a 22 hour shift up there for grabs. :rolleyes:
Obviously, in that one, double time is authorized.

I would love to go for it.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:42 am

The max amount of double shifts out here is 12 hours. After 12, we are sluggish and tired. Usually it was 10 hours between shifts for sleep time. 9 hours is not good. what happens if you live far from the park and you get home to realize you have 7 hours before returning to work. Do you sleep the 5 and return to work for your shift? I would call scheduling in the future and see if they can give you a longer grace period for travel and sleep.

SpeedFreak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SpeedFreak » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Obviously, in that one, double time is authorized.

I would love to go for it.
Somebody picked it up, and that wasn't the only 22 hour shift out there if what I heard that Monday was true. Either that or the guy who picked it up gave it away for whatever reason.

I'd like to try for a 24 hour shift maybe round New Years...

Stupidity is not a handicap, stand elsewhere.
Sarah Magdalene wrote:Needless to say, Mickey got pissed and had the bitch and her family expelled form the park.
Word to the wise: DON'T tick off the Boss.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:04 pm

I got a wierd text message after work. It was from Florida asking for who ever wanted a shift at the park, to text him quickly. I can not work over there. In am in CA and I don't have a ID card for that park. I have friends who work at the parks in WDW, but how would I get on their text messaging list??

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:43 am

turkeyham wrote:I got a wierd text message after work. It was from Florida asking for who ever wanted a shift at the park, to text him quickly. I can not work over there. In am in CA and I don't have a ID card for that park. I have friends who work at the parks in WDW, but how would I get on their text messaging list??
It would have been interesting to see what he'd have done if you responded... "Sure! Send airfare." :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 am

Lets see, if I got off at 7:15 pm and got this mesage at 7:30 pm, I would not made it to the shift. I would be late the next morning and get canned for my attendance. Maybe when I come down for my next vacation, I can try the 22 hour shift. :rolleyes:

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:10 am

glendalais wrote:You have to remember that EHH is also open to Hourly Non Union, Office and Technical, Salaried Non-Exempt and other CMs who aren't covered under STCU Provisions regarding Double Time, not to mention CMs working under other contracts with different Double Time provisions.

Florida law doesn't require employers to pay their employees Double Time - STCU CMs only get Double Time pay after 14 hours because of the CBA.

So while a STCU CM certainly couldn't pick up a 22 hour shift because they would incur Double Time, an HNU/O&T CM certainly could.
Well, not exactly.

When you are picking up an EHH in a different area than your own, a few things to remember:
  • You are paid per that union contract wage level based on your company longevity. All of those union rules apply to your pay, break allowance, and walk time (if at MK).
  • You must meet any training restrictions for that position or be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
  • You are paid according to the pay rules of that union/entity. So if you are a full time O&T, but working a STCU position, you are paid per STCU contract. That is, after 14 hrs you are on double time.
  • For an O&T shift (yes, they exist), you are paid double time after 16 hrs of work that day. :eek:
  • Yes, it is possible to pick up EHH shifts for double time. The shift listing will tell you whether or not double time is permitted for that shift. I always print out my shift description. Then, I have proof that there was no prohibition on double time when I picked it up. I like to be safe.
  • Since your EHH is voluntary, "double back", "turnaround", and "bridging" are not possible.
This all refers to FULL TIME Cast. CR and CT are a little different.

You will find that the 22 hr. shifts that come up on EHH are clerical errors. They will be 'solved' miraculously when you report for that lovely golden goose shift. :rolleyes:

For the record, I do not currently work in Labor. I did move on to greener pastures, but will not tell you where. I like hiding in plain sight. :D:

MAPO

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:40 am

mapo wrote:I like hiding in plain sight. :D:
Always aboard Monorail Orange*!

*For the record, I do not know that I personally know mapo. If I do, then I don't know that I do.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Always aboard Monorail Orange*!

*For the record, I do not know that I personally know mapo. If I do, then I don't know that I do.
How is MAPO still posting? I thought she got struck by lightning Tuesday night? Maintenance is REALLY good.

Kurt

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:31 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:How is MAPO still posting? I thought she got struck by lightning Tuesday night? Maintenance is REALLY good.
Nope actually the lightning arc was over my head literally into the roof of the overhang. The lightning bolts (plural) hit and affected the Poly, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Willy. No one hurt except power to external/out buildings for 16 hrs!

Oh and I have not been on Monorail Orange in ages. Though I will say it is my very favorite attraction! But that is not why I am named MAPO.

:p:

MAPO