Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

Post by GuestJockey » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:15 pm

So this week has been a mess! First, I showed up on Monday and tried to clock in when CDS told me "You have no shifts for today." I called stage scheduling and they said "Oh, we gave you an ADO! Did I forget to call you?" and I was sent home.

Cut to yesterday, when I was getting ready for my 8:15 shift. It had been on the printed schedule as 8:15, it was on the HUB as 8:15 as late as 22:00 the night before. But at 7:30, the same scheduler calls me and says, in a very snotty voice, "Are we running LATE?" I said no, I start at 8:15, and he said "No, 7:15. Remember I called you about it earlier this week?" I told him I'd be there ASAP and took off. As I was driving though, I couldn't remember his ever calling me, so when I got there I found a manager and told them I didn't think it was fair for me to get points for it. She said she'd ask him about it. Later that afternoon, she found me ON STAGE and told me "I talked to ____ and he says you guys had a whole conversation about it, so I'm getting two different stories. There's nothing I can do for you." I was furious about it, and on the way home a friend asked what was wrong so I told her. She said "This probably won't be funny to you, but MY shift was changed from 8:15 to 7:15 this morning and they called me about it TWICE."
:blowup:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid stage scheduling tricks!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:20 pm

I would make sure I called that manager back and tell them that bit of info. (If your friend dosn't mind) Sounds like the scheduler made a mistake and called twice to one person and maybe that second call was to be for you?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Ugh...I don't know if it has to do with these changes they put through recently with regards to it, but Stage Scheduling has been much more problematic than usual. We have a few schedulers who are on the ball about stuff, and more than a few who...aren't, lol.

Normally, for this kind of situation, I would recommend finding a Union Rep. or a Shop Steward, but since that isn't an option in this case, perhaps you could try speaking with another manager? Like GP suggested, mention that they called your friend twice.

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:07 pm

I cant speak for the contract at DLR, but the one we have in Fla. states that Disney has the right to change your schedual with out notice up untill that schedual starts ( i.e. They can chenge next weeks schedual up untill Saturday / Sunday 12 Midnight when Sunday starts... ) but anychanges made to a schedual must be given to you atleast 24 hours ahead and you have the right to say no....

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:35 pm

This is why I print out my schedule each week and put it in my briefcase. (I carry a briefcase because nobody ever takes one -- if I put my lunch in a Buzz Lightyear lunchbox it'd be gone before I got on stage!)

More than once I've whipped out that Saturday printout to show I hadn't failed to make a Sunday morning shift. Those sheets get me out of a half a dozen points per year!

Remember, if you have it in writing and scheduling doesn't have a written record of the phone call, you win!

Zazu

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:02 am

huh, bout as bad as being scheduled at 2 PM to work til 10:30 PM only to find out we're only open til 7:15 PM and we're getting out at 9:30 and NO ONE fixes the schedule the day off, only after the fact and having to argue with your fellow co-workers on what time we're SUPPOSED to be out vs what time the schedule says.

Big headache for me.

Why's the rum gone?

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:02 am

Doctor McKey wrote:I cant speak for the contract at DLR, but the one we have in Fla. states that Disney has the right to change your schedual with out notice up untill that schedual starts ( i.e. They can chenge next weeks schedual up untill Saturday / Sunday 12 Midnight when Sunday starts... ) but anychanges made to a schedual must be given to you atleast 24 hours ahead and you have the right to say no....
DLR Master Services Contract doesn't mandate that. Company has the right to change the posted schedule at any time, even after it's started. The only limitation is that "as much notice as practical" is provided.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:11 am

glendalais wrote:The only limitation is that "as much notice as practical" is provided.
The above is true, yet there is another limitation D L Scheduling has & has been messing up big time lately. A CM CANNOT be scheduled in a location if restrictions are on file.I was scheduled for ____. I haven't worked ___ in like 2.9 yrs. Called & told them 2xs this must be an error & plz put me @ my usual location. Nothing. No call back. :( I called 6 days later & reminded them I wouldn't due ___. Reply; "Oh, yes. We forgot to change thiis when you called in. We have nothing for you so you'll have to work it or a take a Personal Day." Ok, sounded good at the time yet I couldn't be granted a P D off until the day of my shift. Not good for planning to go to Palm Springs. ;) Then I realized scheduling couldn't take my hrs. away. This is against contract. I called back & got the same answer. I wasn't really upset, just wanted to see how far I could push :) as I knew there would be hell to pay if restrictions were over looked. Went to my manager with the shift. He just couldn't believe scheduling's screw up. Within 5 min. my shift was changed. Even got better hrs. We never did remind them of the work restrictions. Will save this incase they really go over the top. Still agree with Alyssa who posted this a few yrs. ago. "Scheduling is on crack." :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Scheduling on crack on both coasts.

Last week I was scheduled for Saturday off. Strange but OK, I needed to have some time off. Well, I went to work last Sunday and was talking to a bunch of drivers who had remarked how their schedules for Saturday had changed. The bright fellow I am, I decided to recheck "No Brain" and sure enough, I had been scheduled to work Saturday Too!

They scheduled me off for this Saturday also. So far, it hasn't changed but be assured, I'll be checking every day.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 am

Cranbiz wrote:Scheduling on crack on both coasts.

Last week I was scheduled for Saturday off. Strange but OK, I needed to have some time off. Well, I went to work last Sunday and was talking to a bunch of drivers who had remarked how their schedules for Saturday had changed. The bright fellow I am, I decided to recheck "No Brain" and sure enough, I had been scheduled to work Saturday Too!

They scheduled me off for this Saturday also. So far, it hasn't changed but be assured, I'll be checking every day.
Are you a west gater??

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...