The Big Mouse Giveth... The Small Mouse Taketh Away

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: The Big Mouse Giveth... The Small Mouse Taketh Away

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:44 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Yes, the word "venison" didn't come up.
You know that you could never serve filet of Bambi as your customer's would not like that. Is it true you are serving Nemo almondine as the blue plate special and why is your nose twitching?

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Zazu wrote: "Your area manager, is he about 6' tall, long fingernails, wrinkly skin, all green?"
I think I found him!!!!

Image Image
ImageImage ImageImageImage

Look familiar?

Perhaps if his shoes weren't so tight, he would have relented and not have been such a.. well, you know..

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:13 pm

TdcOgre wrote:The best thing you could do is walk. You should also make the manager cognizant of why you are leaving. SWMBO and I have a disagreement on this type of thing while shopping. As I recall, one of the reasons stores went to UPC tags was inventory control yet at every turn there are empty spaces on shelves. So, at the checkout when the cashier asks:"Did you find everything?" I say in a loud voice:"NO. You were out of ....." Sometimes they find what I wanted and other times they don't. But the idea is to point out their failure. SWMBO says I'm making a nuisance of myself. But that's her opinion.

:p:
I happen to agree with your approach, but that doesn't mean your wife is wrong.

Zazu

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:38 pm

Back in the 80s, I briefly worked at a Target store as a zoner. I was assigned to Housewares. That meant I had to make sure that curtains, bedding, towels, etc., were in their proper places, and keep them stocked. I also had to go to the stockroom to get things at customers' requests. More often than not, when I went back to the stockroom, the space on the shelves where the items I was seeking was empty, and I was forced to tell the customers that it wasn't there. I hated that part of the job. With the economy the way it is, maybe something didn't get ordered, or got stolen by staff or customers (big problem back then), or with the recent weather, maybe it's still in transit. Sometimes the store just doesn't order enough.

I remember when I was living in Pennsylvania for three years, after my grandfather died, mom, my grandma, two aunts and I were shopping for funeral clothes. We had to go to four stores to get a complete outfit for me--sweatertop, skirt, pants and jacket. I think the skirt or the pants were for just in case--it was a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. I can't remember whether I wore the pants or the skirt to the funeral. Anyway, we had such a hard time getting clothes my size, we asked a salesclerk--since that part of the country has a high proportion of morbidly obese people--why it was so hard to get larger-size women's clothes. She said the demand is so high, when the trucks come in to deliver them, women are waiting at the loading docks, and practically buy them right off the trucks, so they hardly even get tagged and into the system, much less the shelves.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Disney is quite stupid once in a while,
like having Ariel sponsor a fish restaurant?
see all my friends, and they all taste so darn good...... big duh here.
hungry? come on over and I'll serve you a buddy on a bun.
hmm, wonder what type of sauce you need with Ariel.

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: Of course, that's coming from a CM that likes pushing our restaurants and services and keeping people on property for their entire trip...
Can't say I've got a problem with that! My family is the same way - we pretty much never leave property from the time we arrive (well, we make a Publix run usually on the first day, as we usually eat breakfast in our room). We're big fans of Tables in Wonderland (nee Disney Dining Experience, which created no end of confusion when we were always asked, "Are you on the Disney Dining Plan?"). The CM discount seems much better for that!

Funny you should mention 192 - we took a quick look at condos down in that area on the first day of our trip, and I'm surprised I didn't see any hourly-rate hotels :p: However, near (or related to) some "discount theme park tickets" establishments, I saw a rather masculine-looking Ariel statue :eek:

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:47 pm

drcorey wrote:Disney is quite stupid once in a while,
Whip cream??

hehehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

disneygeek
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disneygeek » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:06 am

drcorey wrote:Disney is quite stupid once in a while,
I have never understood why you'd use a character from the food chain to promote the food! My favorite moment in "Roger Rabbit" was the picture of Porky Pig promoting BEEF Sausage!

They had a series of commercials using a turkey to convince people to buy Hormel Hams for Thanksgiving. :D:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 am

Why is it you anthropomorphised food mascots always want someone to eat ya?

It's just the way we're wired. Besides, who wouldn't want to end up as good eats.
I thought this quote from my favorite cooking show was appropriate,

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:29 am

disneygeek wrote:I have never understood why you'd use a character from the food chain to promote the food! My favorite moment in "Roger Rabbit" was the picture of Porky Pig promoting BEEF Sausage!

They had a series of commercials using a turkey to convince people to buy Hormel Hams for Thanksgiving. :D:
They have Piglet appear at the Charactor Breakfasts!
I have heard comments like,
Yo bacon boy, getting low over here, wanna drag your bacon here?
I can hear the moms trying to explain that later,
well, son, piglet is both friend and food...

Corey