Publically humiliate myself at The Happiest Place on Earth? Why not?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Publically humiliate myself at The Happiest Place on Earth? Why not?

Post by glendalais » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:08 am

This is just...awkward.

I was just standing about today, people-watching the Boxing Day crowds (which far outpaced the Christmas Day crowds, lol), when I overheard a mother talking to what I assume was her son. From the content of their conversation fragments, you could tell they were not having such a magical day.

But what got me (and most of the surrounding area) was when she snapped and yelled the following:
Stupid Guest wrote:You were a MISTAKE! A freaking MISTAKE that I <...unprintable...> when I had the chance! Now get away from me, mistake!
While she did calm down eventually and looked quite embarrased, it yet again raises the question: why do these people torture themselves with trips to "The Happiest Place on Earth" if they're only going to do this :rolleyes: :( .

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Publically humiliate myself at The Happiest Place on Earth? Why not?

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:30 am

Good Lord! :eek:

Someone was clearly not having a good day.

Its really not a good idea for someone to blow their top in public, let alone in Disneyland!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:22 am

I never have gotten my mother to understand that her words cut deeper than a knife on my arm. People just do not understand that you can see a bruise and it goes away but them verbal scars do not heal fast and in time ruin the child. I feel so sorry for that child to be told they are unloved and worthless.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:16 am

Wow. That is just about the most awful thing you can say to your child. Time to put him up for adoption and give him to parents that will actually want him.

I *hate* some parents.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:23 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Wow. That is just about the most awful thing you can say to your child. Time to put him up for adoption and give him to parents that will actually want him.

I *hate* some parents.
Ditto. Grrrr... :mad:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:05 am

My mom loves me more then anything... I said something to her in jest a few years back that prompted me to ask if I was unplaned....

after a shocking quite second or two.. she said that i was a happy unplanned bundle of.... cough... Joy.....

the cough was added in by me into our conversation....

I can relate a little with that kid tho... My wife is pretty much treated like that by her dad... he doesnt say it... but treats her like crap non the less.

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:20 am

Wow. What a horrible thing to say to a child. :(

Why is it that some loving and kind people can't have kids, but people who don't want them do?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:02 pm

I know there have been times, when raising my kids that my "restraint" factor has been pushed to the limit.

I have been known to correct them in public when they were mis-behaving, and usually stopped the bad "acting out" right on the spot. but to say something like that to a child is just completely out of order!

Having got through the "terrible twos" and later in the "I am a teen and know everything" phase I still had only to let them know they were acting stupid.

That usually got the message through their teen befuddled brain.

Saying something like that to any child is just plain cruel.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 pm

Having thought about it with the 20/20 hindsight with which we all look back on this incident, I'll be ready if I ever hear a parent saying something like that, assuming I am on my day off.

Walk up to the parent in question, "Excuse me, I noticed your dilemma, and was thinking... I go to church with a couple that can't conceive and would love to have a child to love. Could I get your number and pass it on to them? Or maybe you would like to be rid of your unaborted inconvenience right now."

Please note, I don't say that with any laughter, as it is so not funny. The offer is very, very real.

And, of course, living here where we've all heard about Caylee every waking hour of every day (I can't stand taking breaks in breakrooms where CNN or local news is on)...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:02 pm

I was at Wet N Wild today and some kids and their dad cut in front of me in line for Brain Wash (sad for being a new ride BTW). I overhear one of the kids saying that they think I am not happy with them for skipping and the dad laughs and says "So what?"

Kurt