Character Smilies Reorganized

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Character Smilies Reorganized

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:56 pm

whazzup wrote:hey - if you guys are gonna post, at least you could do it in english. :p:
:d::d::d:
私は英語お話しません。

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Lasolimu wrote:私は英語お話しません。
You speak english, I've seen it :p:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Whazzup wrote:Hey - if you guys are gonna post, at least you could do it in English. :p:
:D: :D: :D:
UPS is a battery system to keep equipment running if the commercial power fails. The can be anywhere from some small dry cell batteries to strings of humongo monsters that weight over 500 pounds each.

Multimode and single mode fiber are the two basic types of fiber optic cable. Multimode is fairly cheap and used for distances less than 10,000 feet. Single mode is used for long distances and will have retransmission devices in it so it can cover hundreds and thousands of miles between end points. One application is under seas cable.

DWDM stands for Dense Wave Division Multiplexing. Originally, fiber used one light source and one receiver. The light blinked off and on to send ones and zeros across the fiber. As bandwidth requirements grew for existing fiber the light source was made to blink faster to increase the bandwidth. Eventually the blinking reached it's max speed so additional color light sources were added. Add a color, double the speed of the existing link. Add multiple colors and... well you get the idea. Multi color transmission equipment is called DWDM.

Taaaaa daaaaaaaaa!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:UPS is a battery system to keep equipment running if the commercial power fails. The can be anywhere from some small dry cell batteries to strings of humongo monsters that weight over 500 pounds each.

Multimode and single mode fiber are the two basic types of fiber optic cable. Multimode is fairly cheap and used for distances less than 10,000 feet. Single mode is used for long distances and will have retransmission devices in it so it can cover hundreds and thousands of miles between end points. One application is under seas cable.

DWDM stands for Dense Wave Division Multiplexing. Originally, fiber used one light source and one receiver. The light blinked off and on to send ones and zeros across the fiber. As bandwidth requirements grew for existing fiber the light source was made to blink faster to increase the bandwidth. Eventually the blinking reached it's max speed so additional color light sources were added. Add a color, double the speed of the existing link. Add multiple colors and... well you get the idea. Multi color transmission equipment is called DWDM.

Taaaaa daaaaaaaaa!!!
It's Wall-E!!!!!

hehehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:40 pm

ktulu wrote:You speak english, I've seen it :p:
Shh, I don't think Whazzup has figured that out yet.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:27 pm

hobie16 wrote:UPS is a battery system to keep equipment running if the commercial power fails. The can be anywhere from some small dry cell batteries to strings of humongo monsters that weight over 500 pounds each.

Taaaaa daaaaaaaaa!!!
Woohoo! This site is so educational sometimes. And occasionally in a good way. :D:

BTW, two milestones to celebrate:

(1) I am posting this via my new FiOS connection. Miracle of miracles, my wife can talk on the phone at the same time I'm on the net! What'll they think of next?

(2) I did my first VM show since the month of June tonight!!! I'm just about dead, but it was great getting in front of an audience again. :D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:52 pm

BRWombat wrote:Woohoo! This site is so educational sometimes. And occasionally in a good way. :D:

(1) I am posting this via my new FiOS connection. Miracle of miracles, my wife can talk on the phone at the same time I'm on the net! What'll they think of next?
(2) I did my first VM show since the month of June tonight!!! I'm just about dead, but it was great getting in front of an audience again. :D: :D: :D:
I THOUGHT your posts seemed faster when I was reading them!!!

hehehehehhehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:18 am

BRWombat wrote:Woohoo! This site is so educational sometimes. And occasionally in a good way. :D:

Congratulations on the singing.

wow this is like watching someone who has never had a toaster or microwave, lol. What will they think of next? Congratulations on joining the 20th century and I hope to see you in the 21st century soon. :D:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:12 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I THOUGHT your posts seemed faster when I was reading them!!!

hehehehehhehe
Actually, I still type them slowly, because I know some people here don't read that fast. :p: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:31 pm

BRWombat wrote:Actually, I still type them slowly, because I know some people here don't read that fast. :p: :D:
The real speed kicks in when you hit Submit Reply. The buffer empties, the data hits the router and transfers to the WAN which moves it to the SGT server and it gets posted. It all happens so fast it's done before your finger lifts off the mouse button.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.