More Ebay/FP madness

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

More Ebay/FP madness

Post by Syndrome » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:14 pm

There is something soooooo not kosher about this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Disney-Fas ... dZViewItem

The same seller previously sold 28 TSM FPs. 28 in one day?! Even if you had a group of four people, you'd be riding it 7 times each. My arm would fall off long before then.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: More Ebay/FP madness

Post by PapaMouse » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:20 pm

I don't understand. You can't use a FP from another date can you? Why would you pay $250.00 for FP that are no good?

In fact he even has in his auction:
WARNING!:

Disney FASTPASS tickets are NOT FOR SALE and should not be purchased on eBay.

If you think expired or outdated FASTPASS tickets will work, you will be very dissapointed when the cast members turn you away.

Disney has cracked down on expired and fake fastpasses. Guidelines have been posted in cast member breakrooms with instructions on how to identify fake fastpasses and how to turn away guests with expired fastpasses. It also explains their zero tolerance policy on expired FASTPASS tickets.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:27 pm

He's not selling them for expired dates. He actually claims to get you a set for every ride in a specific park on a specific day...and claims to do that in the morning and deliver them to you at breakfast or in the park. Thus they would all be for that day, although obviously the use times would be expired at some point. It would be impossible to do that with regular admission tickets and have it all done early in the morning, so I'm guessing this has to be a CM or someone with some sort of "in."

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Ah I see. that would take some lightning speed to get them all

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:01 am

That person will receive nothing. Maybe a dunce cap! :eek:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:13 am

Even with a team of 12 people would only be able to get a family of 4 some fast passes for 3 rides then have to wait an hour or more. A team of 12 could use AP then hit the 3 biggest rides and get FP. They then move on to the next set of rides and get another set of FP for the family.

That is a lot of work and time wasted in parks and not worth it. One person could set up with friends 60 FP passes and take the stack to WDW then check into the All Star Sports so that they can get into the park an hour earlier. They hit the rides and scan enough passes to get FP then run to the next rided. A team of 3 could each take 20 passes and hit 5 rides.

Where do I get the 60 AP and the team members though.
It can be done but not by a sane person.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:01 am

This is certainly strange. Pass it on to Disney Legal?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:02 am

When using the eBay feature of e-mail to a friend, the correct address is [email protected] and you might even point out the person has a phone number at the bottom of the ad and may be easier to locate than their gMail address.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 am

I already left Disney legal a message over a month ago about this one, they don't seem to care.

Kurt

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:55 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I already left Disney legal a message over a month ago about this one, they don't seem to care.
They may have to wait on this until the time is right. Selling a counterfeit shirt is easy as they can show that it was theft of their trademark. Right now all they have is his offer for a service much like that of a travel agent. How he gets the fastpasses is the question. It would be like me offering a guided tour of DLR. Legally no laws are broken until I fail to provide the service. The contract would be between me and my customers. Disney would not be in the lawsuit for failure to provide service.

Disney can get involved if rules are broken. How he plans to get 24 FP per park is the question. Can he gift his FP just like grandmother who gives her grandchildren her FP? He does use the loophole of being able to used an expired FP but do CMs really always honour them?

Limited to one park of choice so that makes it even easier to choose a park but still there are as many as 8 attractions there.