Now they can't even complain right...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Now they can't even complain right...

Post by SpaceRanger » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:06 am

The only times I've ever had guests complain about me were quite amusing (altho after this past week, that may very well change... yikes). My favorites were one lady who brought back a more than half empty drink insisting that she saw me turn around and spit in it, and another lady who came back in the evening and told the manager that I had been rather rude to her when she had breakfast there and asked for extra syrup. Funny, considering I had just started not long ago and hadn't work a breakfast shift in almost a year. Both times my managers just told the guest to F* off. *sigh* I miss our old managers, they rocked. Now we're stuck with creepy idiots who hide behind doors and watch you to try to catch you doing something wrong :roll:

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:33 am

Spaceranger, that is kind of funny. My first real job was at the Bobs Big Boy in Misson Valley in San Diego. I worked with this real nice girl, and in the "patio" or take out area, and we used to flirt a lot. We had this female manager that would stand right on the other side of the glass wall that seperated our section from the main restaurant and listen to everything we said then go repeat it to the main manager. We even saw her taking notes. It was like her entire life mission to get us into trouble. Now SHE was creepy!

Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Now they can't even complain right...

Post by BirdMom » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:35 am

SpaceRanger wrote:Now we're stuck with creepy idiots who hide behind doors and watch you to try to catch you doing something wrong :roll:
that reminds me of this old supervisor on Main Street. He retired ages ago, but when things were slow he used to quietly go stand behind post card racks and just sort of observe the merchandise c.m.'s who were standing around shooting the breeze (like that happens really often on Main St...once the day gets going, you have no free time...). Anyway, eventually someone would notice him standing there and the little group would scatter like ants kicked out of a Sunday picnic...

Funny thing was that when he was feeling nostalgic, he'd come around and say stuff like "aw man, you should have seen the stuff we used to get away with on Jungle Cruise back in 1957..." OK, I get it Jack - you were allowed to have fun when you were young, but not us...

gee Dave - I miss Bob's Big Boy - makes me think of Friday nights after the high school football game. Waaaaaaayyy back, someone stole the fiberglass statue of Big Boy from our local and somehow, he mysteriously ended up in the top of the bell tower at Huntington Beach H.S.

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:19 am

Thats funny, Birdmom. I really miss Bob's too. I was glad to here when we were out there for Christmas that they had actually opened a new restaraunt out in Hysperia. I wanted to go there, but we ended up missing it. Too many restaraunts we had to hit, not enough time!

We miss the chili spaghetti and the Big Boy burger. When we first got back here to Minnesota, there were Mark's Big Boys. They had the Big boy burger, although it didnt have the ketchup-relish, but they had never even heard of chili spaghetti. They went out of business in about 1995.

How many times have you seen someone, and though, "they look like the statue from Bob's Big Boy"? He was pretty recognizable, and the food was great.

Now that I am disabled and don't work anymore, I forget about having to deal with people like that. I look back and think "How in the world did I work with that person who used to do that wierd stuff."

I thought of another instance of a wierd manager. I was working at the GIANT TELEPHONE COMPANY, when I had a spanish speaking customer tell me that he would come back in just a minute to deposit the money he owed for a call to Mexico. I put his line on hold, and a minute later it started flashing. I accessed the line and it was some english speaking guy trying to use the phone, and I had to explain to him that I was waiting for someone to put change in and it would be available in a minute. I made the mistake of saying that I was waiting for a mexican guy to come back and put change in the machine. Okay, not thought out too clearly, but I dont know why I thought it was pertinent, but I said it and did not see the harm in it, in fact it never even occured to me that I had just done anything wrong. This manager was sitting behind me and JUMPED out of her seat to pull me off the board and yank me into the conference room. She started calling me a racist, she was VERY mad at me and almost fired me that day. She happened to be Mexican American, by the way. I am not a racist, and in fact I thought she was BEAUTIFUL and was very friendly with her up to that moment. I am a rare conservative that will argue with my liberal friends here in Minnesota that people who risk thier lives to get into our great country deserve SOME consideration.

Anyway, that's my story. My music pastor says that confession is good for the soul but bad for the reputation.

Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:45 pm

As a Mexican-American, I absolve you of your alleged sins. :wink:

Anyone remember when managers used to hide in the jungle with video trying to catch cast members doing "naughty spiels"? I heard a rumor that they were also having their wives and family ride as guests and record spiels but I never confirmed that. (confirmed the managers in the bushes multiple times though!)

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:29 pm

BirdMom wrote:Waaaaaaayyy back, someone stole the fiberglass statue of Big Boy from our local and somehow, he mysteriously ended up in the top of the bell tower at Huntington Beach H.S.
That may be why they walled up the entrance to the tower since then.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:40 pm

CujoSR wrote:
BirdMom wrote:Waaaaaaayyy back, someone stole the fiberglass statue of Big Boy from our local and somehow, he mysteriously ended up in the top of the bell tower at Huntington Beach H.S.
That may be why they walled up the entrance to the tower since then.
ya think? :D

one of my brother-in-laws told me that while he was a student at HBHS, someone managed to get a tire around the very top of the tower. I'd still rather have a picture of the Big Boy in there...

hmmmmm...hungry for Bob's Big Boy hot fudge cake... :P