Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:09 am

I've been known to go and put my ear as close to the person's phone as I can. Usually gets a good reaction from people around, and the person either quiets down or hangs up.

Please note, I wouldn't do that out of costume...

So many things I do at work I would get hit for if I did them as a guest...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:09 am

mechurchlady wrote:Maybe she is so insecure or needing to be important and have attention paid to her that she wears her badge everywhere. She may thrive on attention and that badge feeds her need to be loved and important.
You beat me to it. I was just going to say that maybe she only works for Disney so she can tell everyone and get attention.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 am

breathless wrote:I went to see Alice Cooper in August.... with backstage passes also, I was acting just like Wayne and Garth with the passes through the crowd. BTW, Alice is still doing the whole stage show with the hangman's noose and everything. AWESOME!!!!
Alice has a burger joint close to the baseball stadium in Phoenix named Alice Cooperstown. All the wait staff wear black eye makeup with streaks down their cheeks.

http://www.alicecooperstown.com/

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BriDon51
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BriDon51 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:This is a good way to lose a job. If I'm doing PC at Block Party Bash and having problems with a Guest I will ask one of the coordinators or managers to speak with them or for Security to talk to them. If it turns out that the Guest is an off-duty CM they can be in real trouble.
Years ago I had a friend who was a CM. He was off duty and with some friends at Hoop De Doo. Well there was one guest causing a commotion and my friends tried to calm him down, this guest would have nothing to with him. (He did not use the I am a cast member card).

Well somehow the story of the incident got back to his area manager within days and although he wasn't on the clock he was fired because of the incident.

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:17 pm

We have one conference that visits the convention center every year that posts signage by the doors reminding the attendees to remove their badges when outside of the building. They point out that it is for the attendee's safety since their name and company are usually printed fairly large on conference badges.
You could always remind the off duty employees that if the badge is visible and they irritate another guest, that guest could easily report them to guest services and probably with their full name.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:27 pm

BriDon51 wrote:Well somehow the story of the incident got back to his area manager within days and although he wasn't on the clock he was fired because of the incident.
It says in the rules and regulations that CMs agree to abide by when they sign on with the company that any rule breaking or fighting on Disney property can result in discipline and punishment up to and including termination. As CMs we are expected to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the company and obey all local, state, and federal laws any time we are on company property whether or not we are working or playing. I've heard that if a CM gets pulled over on property for breaking a traffic law and the cop discovers the person is a CM their name will be given to Security and that the person can face discipline from the company.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:20 pm

Shorty82 wrote: I've heard that if a CM gets pulled over on property for breaking a traffic law and the cop discovers the person is a CM their name will be given to Security and that the person can face discipline from the company.
Isn't that double jeopardy?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:Isn't that double jeopardy?
Nope, two separate offenses in two separate jurisdictions with two separate punishments.

The Sheriff nails you for speeding with a fine, the Company nails you for behaving badly with a dicipline.

Zazu

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:12 am

hobie16 wrote:Isn't that double jeopardy?
Just to expand on the Mighty Zazu's answer... in a sense you could call it double jeopardy, but since the constitutional prohibition only applies to criminal prosecution by the government, it's not at all illegal. You can't (in most circumstances) be tried twice for the same crime, but you can certainly suffer consequences above and beyond whatever the courts do to you.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:19 am

BRWombat wrote:Just to expand on the Mighty Zazu's answer... in a sense you could call it double jeopardy, but since the constitutional prohibition only applies to criminal prosecution by the government, it's not at all illegal. You can't (in most circumstances) be tried twice for the same crime, but you can certainly suffer consequences above and beyond whatever the courts do to you.
The problem I see is a CM gets a ticket, but before going to court the sheriff has snitched on the CM. Even if judged innocent the CM gets disciplined by the company.

--- Matt King