Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
accioetoile
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by accioetoile » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:03 pm

My friend wears her ID EVERYWHERE. We go shopping, she wears it. We go out to eat, she wears it. We go to the park, she wears it until I remind her to take it off. She won't take it off anywhere else, though. She loves for people to ask her if she works at Disney.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:16 pm

hobie16 wrote:What's a blue badge?
Hmm, I think its a MEDICAL condition when .....

oh, never mind......
hehehehe

I seem to remember that its a badge that is given to upper management.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:34 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Hmm, I think its a MEDICAL condition when .....

oh, never mind......
hehehehe
I understand completely. :eek:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:51 pm

accioetoile wrote:My friend wears her ID EVERYWHERE. We go shopping, she wears it. We go out to eat, she wears it. We go to the park, she wears it until I remind her to take it off. She won't take it off anywhere else, though. She loves for people to ask her if she works at Disney.
Why do you hang out with a DORK? :confused:

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:09 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I seem to remember that its a badge that is given to upper management.
Close but not quite. All salaried cast have a blue ID card. The majority of salaried cast members are managers but not all are. The professional roles are usually salaried so those CMs also gets a blue ID.

There are 6 main colors of Disney ID and the color designates your status with the company. White for CPs and new CMs (no picture on the ID), red for seasonal, yellow for hourly part and full timers, blue for management, blue with a gold stripe for executives, and green for operating participants.

The only time an ID is supposed to be worn onstage is when the CM is in a non-costumed role and is working. The majority of times this will be a manager or someone in a professional role so will have a blue ID though I know one man who is in a non-costumed role but is hourly so has a yellow ID.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:17 pm

accioetoile wrote:My friend wears her ID EVERYWHERE. We go shopping, she wears it. We go out to eat, she wears it. We go to the park, she wears it until I remind her to take it off. She won't take it off anywhere else, though. She loves for people to ask her if she works at Disney.
I just can't understand that... I mean, it's good to have pride in what you do, but not to the point of SHOVING it in everyone's face.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I just can't understand that... I mean, it's good to have pride in what you do, but not to the point of SHOVING it in everyone's face.
You mean like Wayne and Garth when they go to see Alice Cooper?

"WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!"

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:17 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I just can't understand that... I mean, it's good to have pride in what you do, but not to the point of SHOVING it in everyone's face.
Maybe she is so insecure or needing to be important and have attention paid to her that she wears her badge everywhere. She may thrive on attention and that badge feeds her need to be loved and important.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:15 pm

hobie16 wrote:you mean like wayne and garth when they go to see alice cooper?

"we're not worthy!!"
"Backstage pass! Backstage pass!"

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:You mean like Wayne and Garth when they go to see Alice Cooper?

"WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!"
I went to see Alice Cooper in August.... with backstage passes also, I was acting just like Wayne and Garth with the passes through the crowd. BTW, Alice is still doing the whole stage show with the hangman's noose and everything. AWESOME!!!!

As far as off duty CMs being rude off duty, it wouldn't matter to me who they are and if they work there, no one should be rude or yelling at someone else in the parks. We had someone threaten to beat us up because we asked him nicely to take his loud phone conversation outside during the Muppets preshow, and he does this while he is holding his boy. Nice example for his kid huh? My point however is there is no need to yell at anyone, just because you are not enjoying youself, don't make everyone else upset too.