Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Rude CMs............ On Their Day Off!

Post by Zazu » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 am

hobie16 wrote:The problem I see is a CM gets a ticket, but before going to court the sheriff has snitched on the CM. Even if judged innocent the CM gets disciplined by the company.
Should that happen, and the CM is covered by a union, the discipline would almost certainly be overturned on a grievance.

Of course, if the CM *isn't* covered....

Zazu

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:57 am

hobie16 wrote:Isn't that double jeopardy?
Double Jeopardy is only valid within the government. Outside of government there are no holds barred.
BRWombat wrote:Just to expand on the Mighty Zazu's answer... in a sense you could call it double jeopardy, but since the constitutional prohibition only applies to criminal prosecution by the government, it's not at all illegal. You can't (in most circumstances) be tried twice for the same crime, but you can certainly suffer consequences above and beyond whatever the courts do to you.
A good example of that is the "First" O.J. trial. He was aquitted of the original charge and set free. He was found quilty of the same crime in a civil court that was looking for damages. He couldn't be recharged by the criminal court, but can be looked at seperately by other courts. There is nothing preventing a place of employment from also imposing action on someone for any reason. If the union can defend the action and prove that the termination was unjust, then it is likely that they will be re-instated. If not the union would probably be powerless.

:goofy: :goofy:

Disney Dude
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Disney Dude » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Hey Guys, was referred to this site and just had to sign up. I'll be working at the UK Pavilion in Epcot for a year starting this July.

I for a start consider the free park access a massive perk for Cast members and wouldn't abuse that privilege. For guests it's may be there only trip to WDW in years and for it to be spoiled by a grumpy cast member on their day off is terrible.

I can visit the parks as many times i like throughout the year, so i'll always give a proper guest priority over myself on my day off

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Disney Dude wrote:Hey Guys, was referred to this site and just had to sign up. I'll be working at the UK Pavilion in Epcot for a year starting this July.

I for a start consider the free park access a massive perk for Cast members and wouldn't abuse that privilege. For guests it's may be there only trip to WDW in years and for it to be spoiled by a grumpy cast member on their day off is terrible.

I can visit the parks as many times i like throughout the year, so i'll always give a proper guest priority over myself on my day off
Sounds like you've got the right attitude! But... how can you go to the parks and still be grumpy???

( :grumpy: excepted, of course :D :)

Disney Dude, :welcome: to :sgt: from :wallaby: and :wombat: !!! :D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Disney Dude
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Disney Dude » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks very much

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 am

Shorty82 wrote:It says in the rules and regulations that CMs agree to abide by when they sign on with the company that any rule breaking or fighting on Disney property can result in discipline and punishment up to and including termination. As CMs we are expected to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the company and obey all local, state, and federal laws any time we are on company property whether or not we are working or playing.
I don't want to make a new thread for my whine since it's related to this subject. I had a run in with a CM who was at the park on their day off and if SG sometimes run my patience thin, this guy just completed depleted what was left of it. I know of CM who complaint about that rule but to be honest I understand where the company is coming from. In fact it's not any different from other professions; a teacher is expected to have a certain behavior and if not they get fired. This sort of thing comes with the territory and you either accepted or get out.

Further more the guy made several remarks directed to guest that I thought were really rude, he wasn't talking to me or to the character but still he was loud enough for everyone to hear them. All I wanted to do was throw a rock at him and knock him unconscious so he would shut up. I think I was suffering from second hand embarrassment. Furthermore, let's forget about company rules, how about some kind of decency and common courtesy? For so much criticism of rude and bad behavior of guests some CM behave even worst on their day off. :mad: Learn to behave people, being mistreated by guest doesn't give you the right to come in your day off and do the same to other CM. Karma is a bit** and perhaps that's why you get mistreated when you are working...

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:45 am

I am thinking that he was a SG before a CM. Which just goes to show, not even encountering SGs day in and day out can make it so you aren't one unless you really want it to. I'm thinking that if someone who has the SG mentality becomes a CM it just gets worse because they do deal with it everyday so they feel entitled to act that way.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Plutospal
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Plutospal » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:38 pm

I had a cm from the college program on the east coast that was visiting the park yesterday (and had signed in 2 ppl) ask for guest relations so she can complain that we let too many people in and they couldnt enjoy themselves because it was too crowded!!!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:30 am

plutospal wrote:i had a cm from the college program on the east coast that was visiting the park yesterday (and had signed in 2 ppl) ask for guest relations so she can complain that we let too many people in and they couldnt enjoy themselves because it was too crowded!!!

pull out gun, aim for foot...double tap.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 am

DL Park is busy on the weekends. City Hall won't take that. Go to the park on a weekday. It is slower. :eek: