Stupid Security Tricks

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Stupid Security Tricks

Post by glendalais » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:45 pm

I was on my way out today after my shift when the Security CM at Harbor Pointe saw my Pin Trading lanyard and basically said that I couldn't take it off Company Property; and that I was supposed to pass it on to another CM at the end of my shift.

This is in spite of the large numbers of CMs, at least in my area, who do so. We even have many CMs who take their lanyards to be personalized with their name, making the idea of passing it on to another CM just a tad bit ridiculous.

Given the fact that I was in a hurry and really didn't want to have to deal with the hassle, I just returned the thing to my management team, who was....surprised at the whole incident, to say the very least.

And we have guests wondering why CM Pin Trading is so much less popular at the DLR compared to WDW....

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Stupid Security Tricks

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:07 am

A friend at DL was fired an done thing that they got on her was her stash of pins that she kept in her locker for putting on her pin trading vest. You are lucky not to be in the county jail for grand theft pins, lol.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Knott's security can be dumb too. I remember one of the ladies who worked in the Lost Child Center next to the train saying she had to bring in her medications, which included insulin, and a security guard gave her a hard time over her bringing vital medications into the park. What was she gonna do, shoot everybody up with insulin? Idiots....

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:33 am

glendalais wrote:I was on my way out today after my shift when the Security CM at Harbor Pointe saw my Pin Trading lanyard and basically said that I couldn't take it off Company Property; and that I was supposed to pass it on to another CM at the end of my shift.

This is in spite of the large numbers of CMs, at least in my area, who do so. We even have many CMs who take their lanyards to be personalized.
Security was/is correct. No D L R property lanyards of any type are to be taken off property. This is stated in Traditions, training, & sometimes at check ins.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:01 pm

felinefan wrote:Knott's security can be dumb too. I remember one of the ladies who worked in the Lost Child Center next to the train saying she had to bring in her medications, which included insulin, and a security guard gave her a hard time over her bringing vital medications into the park. What was she gonna do, shoot everybody up with insulin? Idiots....
Well in his/her defense, You can kill someone by injecting to much insulin

I should Know... I play doctor on the internet!!

The Doctor
:walter:

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:17 pm

felinefan wrote:Knott's security can be dumb too. I remember one of the ladies who worked in the Lost Child Center next to the train saying she had to bring in her medications, which included insulin, and a security guard gave her a hard time over her bringing vital medications into the park. What was she gonna do, shoot everybody up with insulin? Idiots....
Another aspect is, that how do you know what fluid is in the vials, unless they are sealed?

I have experienced this, and after testing, it was determinded that the fluid was NOT insulin.

I believe there ARE pre-loaded injectors (single use) that can be used. I have even seen a small carrying pouch, with a "blue ice" cooler to keep them for up to eight hours or so.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:44 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Another aspect is, that how do you know what fluid is in the vials, unless they are sealed?

I have experienced this, and after testing, it was determinded that the fluid was NOT insulin.

I believe there ARE pre-loaded injectors (single use) that can be used. I have even seen a small carrying pouch, with a "blue ice" cooler to keep them for up to eight hours or so.
It is true that you can put anything in the insulin vial, but I think there has to be some level of trust....This lady was an employee. As a theme park visitor, I would imagine that I would be let in with the insulin/syringes I needed, but maybe the vial needs to have the patient's name on the label.
The preloaded syringes I've seen have been multi-use and could also be tampered with.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:04 pm

I'm with MS and the Doctor on this one. 1000 years ago when I was in high school,you could get busted for giving someone an aspirin. Sad to say,I saw it happen. :(

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:40 pm

darph nader wrote:I'm with MS and the Doctor on this one. 1000 years ago when I was in high school,you could get busted for giving someone an aspirin. Sad to say,I saw it happen. :(
Just Say No.....To Aspirin! :rolleyes:
No wonder you got started on beer ( Aspirin being a "gateway" drug) :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:40 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Just Say No.....To Aspirin! :rolleyes:
No wonder you got started on beer ( Aspirin being a "gateway" drug) :p:
very good, except I saw someone that tried to commit sucide on..you guessed it, asprin.

And it will work, you can go into a shock.

a lot of the substances we use daily can be deadly if used in certain amounts.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?