Er....do you know what state you're in, Mr. Marketing CM?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Yfoog
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Er....do you know what state you're in, Mr. Marketing CM?

Post by Yfoog » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:42 pm

dazyhill wrote: (Even though there is a DLR warehouse in Ontario,CA)
There is? Cool. I live in Ontario.....where's this place at?

The violentest place on earth!

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:54 pm

Yfoog wrote:There is? Cool. I live in Ontario.....where's this place at?
I have no idea. I remember reading about the warehouse in a Disneyland Line (The CM newsletter) article.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:24 am

My mousepad has the famous 1955 (or so) map of Disneyland (pre-Matterhorn). The banner in the bottom corner says "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, Disneyland U.S.A., Anaheim, California".
The "Magic Kingdom" and "Anaheim, California" are in very small type, Walt Disney in a medium size version of his signature, with "Disneyland, U.S.A." the largest.

My interpretation is that in the context of Disneyland, "Magic Kingdom" is used as a descriptive phrase ("a kingdom that is magical"), as opposed to an actual name (WDW's park is the "Magic Kingdom", and no other name).

-Rob

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:03 am

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Who remembers the old "Magic Kingdom" cards that would get you a book of all E (Magic Key) tickets?
My Dad had one of those cards when we lived in Brandon, FL in 1973. We only lived there a year and we had to take all his customers so we got to go to WDW 6 times that one year. It was great. Only problem is that I didn't get to go back for 10 years after that. Good times....

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:46 pm

dazyhill wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong,but doesn't the majority of both the WDW and DLR merchandise get warehoused in WDW? (Even though there is a DLR warehouse in Ontario,CA) A lot of the things I have bought at DLR says it is distributed by Walt Disney Theme Parks and Resorts,Lake Buena Vista ,FL. Sometimes they ship the WDW branded items to DL by mistake.
Ontario warehouse is just a huge non descript building which can only be entered by CM security IDs. I never knew abt it until I was in PT @ D L with a CM who had broken her shoulder & was recovering from surgery. All PT & OT therapy staff @ D L are from St. Joseph's Hosp, Orange. We are told if a guest finds a WDW anything in stores the item can't be sold & all are pulled @ once. They are pulled but go to Co. D. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 am

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Don't forget all that stuff is made in China!
"Russian components... American components... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!"

:D:

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Again, yet another example of some CMs not knowing what resort they work at...

We have posters up in my area advertising the new Celebration Buttons for the "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion. Wonderful poster, with just a ever so slight yet wildly evident problem....they used the flyer designed for the Walt Disney World Cast :eek: .

Never mind the fact that it has a button on it that we're not introducing at the DLR (we're getting a "Just Graduated" button, WDW's getting a "My Magical Triumph" button) nor the fact that it had a giant logo on the bottom saying, "What Will You Celebrate? Walt Disney World, Where Dreams Come True". They were convinced that it was the right poster to put up.

:rolleyes:

But what got at me even more was one of the suggested things to say to guests that was listed on the thing. Taking into mind that this is a WDW poster, one of the suggested things to say to a WDW guest wearing a "First Visit" button:

"Welcome to The Happiest Place on Earth!"

:eek: :mad: :badmood:

(Relative minor things? Yes, of course. But they sure as heck do add up :rolleyes: .)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:58 pm

It's not that they don't care, they just don't have enough functioning neurons to do so and stand upright at the same time.

Zazu

KBFRideOperator
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KBFRideOperator » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:09 pm

glendalais wrote:One of Disneyland Park's nicknames is "The Magic Kingdom", which has always been used as sort of a secondary one to "The Happiest Place on Earth" (which itself has seemed to fallen by the wayside in recent years, in favour of "The Place Where Dreams Come True").

However, it has never been an official name of the park. Officially, we've always been "Disneyland" (pre-DLR) or "Disneyland Park" (post-DLR).
I'm surprised to be the first to quote the Disneyland Railroad:

"Your attention please. The Disneyland Limited, now leaving for a Grand Circle Tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom."