The Queen Mary

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

The Queen Mary

Post by nitro-junkie » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:02 am

Okay, so not technically a "theme park", a lot of folks at the QM deal with a lot of stupidity from both guests and employers alike.

"What time is the 4pm tour?" "How long is the 1-hour tour?" "How many times did the Germans sink the Queen Mary in WWII?" All real questions.

But let's hear it for the shall-remain-nameless tour guide who, while doing his business in the men's room, was asked by the guest next to him:" So, ******, how long is it?"(meaning the ship), and ****** looked down at himself, then very indignantly answered "Sir, that's none of your damn business." and walked away.
:twisted:

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:23 pm

Bwahahahaha! That's freaking hilarious!

My buddy Ritchie and I used to go to the QM a lot back when Disney took it over originally. They had that haunted tour (not sure if they still do). It was actually, really, really good. Had some great special effects and great spiels for the guides. The other cool thing about the QM was that at the time, there wasn't a whole lot fo security. I remember actually opening hatches and doors and exploring through the ship. At one point we went down this creepy hatch in the bow of the ship that seemed to lead down forever and ever. All rusty and stuff. It was spooky as all get out!

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:45 am

Hmmm...from the sounds of it, you found your way into the Bo'sun's Locker and part of the mail hold. Yeah, it's kinda creepy.

The ghost tour as Disney ran it was long gone when they left. There's a new one in now, but the spiel is pure crap. All I'm gonna say is this: "COLD ethereal steam". Cold steam???? Yeah, it's called "water"! Hello!

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson