Wearing IDs on stage and off the clock

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Wearing IDs on stage and off the clock

Post by Freak » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Should be. K's did an NDA when I worked there. I'm sure Disney does NDAs as well.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 pm

No NDA on this one, its publicly posted on the CP and interns site. I'll tell you all when NDAs apply :twisted:

Kurt

TomMorrow
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TomMorrow » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Having read this thread, I see that it bad form to display your ID badge while on stage as a guest. I can understand that and it makes sense to me.

My situation is a bit different though. As some of you may remember, I'm a CM at a Disney Store near Atlanta. The last time I was at WDW, I went by Company D and bought a lanyard with the same logo as the sticker below.

What's the general consensus for wearing that while in the parks as a guest?

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 pm

This might be just me, but I wouldn't

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I believe there is an exception for merchandise CMs when they use their ID to log into MATRA. In that case the ID is supposed to be in a half-sleeve on a retractable clip worn on the waist band. Being worn there the ID is not as visible as it would be worn on a neck lanyard.
Even the latest revision of the Disney Look says that costumed Cast Members are not to have IDs visible on stage, and doesn't mention any exceptions. I personally keep my ID in my pocket.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:28 am

TomMorrow wrote: What's the general consensus for wearing that while in the parks as a guest?
Besides other CMs, I don't think most people know what that image means. I wouldn't wear it, if I want someone to know I am a CM, I'll just tell them.

tlbwriter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tlbwriter » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:37 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:I believe MAPO is referring to infringing on company policy, I don't think she's referring to copyright infringement (although I thought fair use applied to utilizing copyrighted works for things like the news such as the new showing the Disney logo while doing a story on the park).
Fair use also allows for limited quoting for criticism and discussion.

ttztotdca50
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ttztotdca50 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:59 pm

I keep my ID in one of those plastic holders attached to the retractable clip-on string...thing... :p:

In ODV, we use our IDs for everything--from entering the building to checking out our funds and logging into Point of Sales computers. Especially when you're carrying a funds backpack, a crateful of goods, and other things, it's nice to have a retractable lanyard ready.

That being said, mine always stays inside my pocket while onstage (mostly because the stupid clip tends to fall off my belt loop :D: ).

Regarding CMs entering backstage as a guest: although some departments you may be able to get away with it (such as Attractions, where the leads and managers are usually confined to their one area), there's no WAY you could get away with it in ODV. Managers, Leads, Stockers, Tuggers, Receivers, and other Vendors are EVERYWHERE. Not to mention the fact that they often work in both parks.

Aside from all that... why would you want to go backstage as a guest?! When I'm at the parks with other guests, I like to be able to have fun and focus on the magic onstage. Sure I'll say Hi and talk to the working vendors... but it's still good to be able to see the parks as other guests see them.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:05 pm

ttztotdca50 wrote: Aside from all that... why would you want to go backstage as a guest?! When I'm at the parks with other guests, I like to be able to have fun and focus on the magic onstage. Sure I'll say Hi and talk to the working vendors... but it's still good to be able to see the parks as other guests see them.
Backstage vending machine: $1.25 for a 20 oz coke.

Onstage vending machine or ODF Cart: $2.50 for 20 oz

Merchandise location where I get my discount: $1.73 for 20 oz.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:00 am

hhsrat wrote:Backstage vending machine: $1.25 for a 20 oz coke.

Onstage vending machine or ODF Cart: $2.50 for 20 oz

Merchandise location where I get my discount: $1.73 for 20 oz.
And to further that:
Burger, fries and drink at QSR: $10.
Same at cast cafeteria: $5 + tastes good.

Kurt