Wearing IDs on stage and off the clock

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Wearing IDs on stage and off the clock

Post by felinefan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:25 pm

Did you get her name? She sounds like she needs an attitude adjustment. It's so hard to find decent employees these days....

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:36 pm

felinefan wrote:Did you get her name? She sounds like she needs an attitude adjustment. It's so hard to find decent employees these days....
No I didn't. I didn't look that closely at the ID as I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Main_Street_Merch
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Main_Street_Merch » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:53 pm

steverails wrote:Better yet are CMs who think their ID acts as an instant Fastpass. I have no problem hooking up a fellow CM, but please be discreet about it. Again, you're off the clock. Blend in, have fun, and TAKE YOUR ID OFF!
This is my personal favorite. Especially the week of Christmas when I'm the bouncer for the Safari Queue because the end is somewhere on Discovery Island. Yes the wait is 200 minutes, and no. I'm not going to let you and your party of 12 past the line with your white id. You work here, you knew it would be busy. Come back in February.

Former: MK & Studios Guest Relations, Pirate's League Opening Team, MK, Studios, & DAK Events, Dream Squad, Entertainment, Typhoon Deep Lifeguard, Africa Ops: WLE and KSR, Main Street East Merch.
Briefly: Disneyland Cast Activities.

Sioban
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Sioban » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:23 pm

You know, I have never even considered using my ID as a fastpass. Then again, I am nbot a big fan of the whole fastpass idea anyway, so I rarely think about it. But I digress, I just wouldn't feel comfortable using the whole status thing to get bumped up. When I am at the parks to play, I try to keep a low profile. DMIL mentioned to some guests whose questions about queue line close times I had been answering that I was a CM and of course I didn't tell her it made me uncomfortable but it did.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm

glendalais wrote:Honestly, what really gets me are the CMs from certain departments (coughStorescough) who walk around on stage, on the clock with their IDs showing.

I realize that it's to make it easier to log into MATRA when they need to ring up a guest, but really, is it that hard to take a few more seconds to grab it out of your pocket? You can even keep it on the belt clip/carabiner, just stick the whole thing inside your pocket.
When trainers and managers do the same thing, tell you you could get one for yourself, and when they hand them out for free sometimes, it's ok I think. ;) I think they even sell those card holders at Company D.
Course, I never did it because I didn't like to, but it's pretty common in merchandise.

Oops, I've been bringing back some old threads, well I've got some things to say :D:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:12 pm

5th Dimension wrote:When trainers and managers do the same thing, tell you you could get one for yourself, and when they hand them out for free sometimes, it's ok I think. ;) I think they even sell those card holders at Company D.
Course, I never did it because I didn't like to, but it's pretty common in merchandise.

Oops, I've been bringing back some old threads, well I've got some things to say :D:
Managers are required to have their ID visible. According to the Disney Look all CMs in non-costumed roles must have their IDs visible at all times.

I believe there is an exception for merchandise CMs when they use their ID to log into MATRA. In that case the ID is supposed to be in a half-sleeve on a retractable clip worn on the waist band. Being worn there the ID is not as visible as it would be worn on a neck lanyard.

The sleeves and lanyards they give out and the ones sold at Company D are to be used to keep one's ID safe and so the CM can easily have it visible when backstage in street clothes (as required by company policy).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Managers are required to have their ID visible. According to the Disney Look all CMs in non-costumed roles must have their IDs visible at all times.
IDs are optional when on stage, but required when backstage, at least according to the material I was given for non-costumed.

Kurt

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 pm

If I'm off the clock and going to go backstage, specifically Take 5 at DHS or Cast Services at Epcot to go to Company D I will clip on a badge holder just before going backstage and remove it as soon as I am back onstage.

Otherwise it stays in my wallet and only comes out when I am entering a Park gate or making a discounted purchase.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm never a fan of showing off my ID whilst being in public. I have a neck lanyard attached to one of those cool hard plastic card holders that I wear backstage and wrap up and put in my pocket every time I go onstage. My ID is never seen while I am onstage whether I'm on or off the clock, in or out of costume.

The only times I actually HAVE my ID on my person is when I'm in costume and on the clock (so I can clock in and out), out of costume in the park (used for admission), or backstage for business (line picks, training and the likes).

I do NOT carry my ID with me while I'm out at the grocery store/eating dinner/doing "everyday" things on my days off.

I've never even thought of using my ID as a FP. Not cool. Just because you work here doesn't mean you get priority. Actually...since you can get in the park any time what-so-ever, you should be restricted from attaining FPs so there are more for guests to enjoy during the peak seasons. (Probably too harsh of an idea, but I abide by it) I've never "watched" World of Color as a guest, since I've seen the show who knows how many times as a CM.

I do pull my ID out for discounts though. I love eating our food way too much and wouldn't be able to afford as much without my handy dandy CM discount. Oh and I get discounts on Star Wars toys...too bad we're a little more overpriced than almost anywhere else I can buy SW Toys at. But since I'm there...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:22 am

kurtisnelson wrote:IDs are optional when on stage, but required when backstage, at least according to the material I was given for non-costumed.
Company ID is mandatory on working non costumed cast both back and on stage.

Company IDs are mandatory to be worn back stage by costumed cast but not on stage.

MAPO