Embarasssing Employee moments...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Embarasssing Employee moments...

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:55 pm

I have never had a horribly embarassing employee moment, exceot getting my period and leaking on to my uniform pants, but thankfully they were dark colored. But have had co-workers that had very embarassing things happen.

Two different women CM's on two seperate occasions actually wet their pants while on-stage. Both times it was due to a lead who never came to rotate them out when the asked. They asked more than one time to be switched out, and did not answer the phone in the lead's office. This was at USH where the leads to the rotation schedule and not the computer.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Embarasssing Employee moments...

Post by CBeilby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Teddykeiko86 wrote:I have never had a horribly embarassing employee moment, exceot getting my period and leaking on to my uniform pants, but thankfully they were dark colored. But have had co-workers that had very embarassing things happen.

Two different women CM's on two seperate occasions actually wet their pants while on-stage. Both times it was due to a lead who never came to rotate them out when the asked. They asked more than one time to be switched out, and did not answer the phone in the lead's office. This was at USH where the leads to the rotation schedule and not the computer.
I know exactly which lead you're talking about, of course. He was never all that bad to me, but a lot of us noticed that he tended to give preference to the male members of the crew. I know of at least one instance where he pretty much yelled at a crew member while on stage and in view of guests. Completely unprofessional.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:17 am

Teddykeiko86 wrote:I have never had a horribly embarassing employee moment, exceot getting my period and leaking on to my uniform pants, but thankfully they were dark colored. But have had co-workers that had very embarassing things happen.

Terrible.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GrUvGrL
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by GrUvGrL » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 am

Totally non Disney related, but on the same topic. A few years ago I worked night shift and would commute to work by subway then bus for a good hour, hour and a half... Once I got to work one lovely day one of my co-workers approach me and says "I think you need to check your pants girl" Puzzled I go to the restroom and to my horror I discover the nastiest red stain on my baby blue track pants and knowing it's not mine, I freaked. I spent my entire shift with my zip up hoodie serving as a mini skirt while my washed pants dried.

Never did I ever sit on the public busses again. The seats are a red velvet and you just can't tell - NASTY!!

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.... I walk in :p:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:25 am

GrUvGrL wrote:Totally non Disney related, but on the same topic. A few years ago I worked night shift and would commute to work by subway then bus for a good hour, hour and a half... Once I got to work one lovely day one of my co-workers approach me and says "I think you need to check your pants girl" Puzzled I go to the restroom and to my horror I discover the nastiest red stain on my baby blue track pants and knowing it's not mine, I freaked. I spent my entire shift with my zip up hoodie serving as a mini skirt while my washed pants dried.

Never did I ever sit on the public busses again. The seats are a red velvet and you just can't tell - NASTY!!
YUCK!!! Red velvet on bus seats?! That's just stupid. Bus seats should be plastic, that way they are easy to clean.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:50 am

Shorty82 wrote:YUCK!!! Red velvet on bus seats?! That's just stupid. Bus seats should be plastic, that way they are easy to clean.
Hope it was just the dye in the material, and not some other fluid!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:01 am

Teddykeiko86 wrote:ITwo different women CM's on two seperate occasions actually wet their pants while on-stage. Both times it was due to a lead who never came to rotate them out when the asked. They asked more than one time to be switched out, and did not answer the phone in the lead's office. This was at USH where the leads to the rotation schedule and not the computer.
Just because the computer schedules a rotation, doesn't mean the CMs actually show up for it.

Several times I got stuck on the train for longer than my bladder could handle. I just told the Main Street conductor to call management and tell them I would be stopping the train in 20 minutes for a restroom break whether they had somebody to take it out or not.

Over the years, I did that three times. Twice nobody showed up, and the train just sat there until I returned (and while I didn't goof off, I didn't exactly run -- wouldn't have been a good idea by then anyway). The third time a manager came up to the platform, but instead of stepping into the rotation to keep things going he just told me to, "Go and come back quickly."

Okay, that time I *did* walk slow and goof off a bit. Hey, if a GSM who is qualified to operated chooses not to run the trains, it must not be very important. Especially on a night when the queue goes all the way down the steps at Main Street and we've got three trains on the line.

Zazu

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:53 am

Zazu wrote: Okay, that time I *did* walk slow and goof off a bit. Hey, if a GSM who is qualified to operated chooses not to run the trains, it must not be very important. Especially on a night when the queue goes all the way down the steps at Main Street and we've got three trains on the line.
I bet the other trains were thrilled! Would they hold at the station or move up to the next block? I'm not that familiar with the setup at the WDWRR.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 am

ktulu wrote:
Zazu wrote:Okay, that time I *did* walk slow and goof off a bit. Hey, if a GSM who is qualified to operated chooses not to run the trains, it must not be very important. Especially on a night when the queue goes all the way down the steps at Main Street and we've got three trains on the line.
I bet the other trains were thrilled! Would they hold at the station or move up to the next block? I'm not that familiar with the setup at the WDWRR.
With three trains and three stations, all trains have to move simultaneously or somebody gets stuck in the woods. When I have to pull this stunt, I notify the other station conductors to hold the train that will be at their station while I pee.

Sometimes the conductors remember and the engineers agree to wait; sometimes the conductors forget or the engineers get stubborn and that train gets stuck in the woods.

Under the circumstances, I generally don't really care all that much -- see, I'm already learning to act like a GSM!!!

Zazu

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:34 am

Zazu wrote:With three trains and three stations, all trains have to move simultaneously or somebody gets stuck in the woods. When I have to pull this stunt, I notify the other station conductors to hold the train that will be at their station while I pee.

Sometimes the conductors remember and the engineers agree to wait; sometimes the conductors forget or the engineers get stubborn and that train gets stuck in the woods.

Under the circumstances, I generally don't really care all that much -- see, I'm already learning to act like a GSM!!!
I would think that when nature calls, the others would sympathize or understand!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?