Awesome Disney Apparel

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Awesome Disney Apparel

Post by IndyBob » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:12 am

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:36 pm

As a rule I don't wear most rat merchandise, just because I refuse to promote the company anymore, but that's a GOOD one! I still have a t-shirt that was designed during the strike year that has the old school MMC logo, but rather than Mickey's smiling face, it's a mouse shaped dripping ink blob :twisted:

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:22 am

I'd buy one if it wasn't $22.

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:12 am

BirdMom wrote:As a rule I don't wear most rat merchandise, just because I refuse to promote the company anymore, but that's a GOOD one! I still have a t-shirt that was designed during the strike year that has the old school MMC logo, but rather than Mickey's smiling face, it's a mouse shaped dripping ink blob :twisted:
Wow... that must be one heavy duty shirt.. or you don't wear it. :) I'm not saying "oh my god.. you're so old." Nothing of the sort. Just when the stike happened, I was still confined to my stroller.

Literally. I know this because I have a picture of me on strike with my mommy, sitting on the picket line in my stroller, not a care in the world. It's my favorite picture ever now, since I work for the mouse and I was already picketing against the company before I could even enrol in pre-school.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:37 pm

The only Disney shirt I have was NSAed to me because the one I had on was ripped up on a chair in a restraunt. I also won a few in some drawings, but I only wear the one I had NSAed to me, because it was something like $40

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:09 pm

I had a "friend" NSA himself a Quicksilver hoody from the Outpost in Adventureland once and said it was for a guest who vomited on themselves and it was cold out :lol: RIGHTTTTT. That was like a $70 sweater too! I still wear it, I mean he still wears it too. :wink: Yeah Yeah I know I'm going to hell :twisted:

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:37 pm

Wow! I hope that isn't a copyright problem. I'm pretty sure Walt has rights to his funny looking D.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:31 am

pixiedust wrote:Wow... that must be one heavy duty shirt.. or you don't wear it. :) I'm not saying "oh my god.. you're so old." Nothing of the sort. Just when the stike happened, I was still confined to my stroller.
Nah...haven't worn it in years, but I can't bring myself to throw it away. I should at least scan the image and share it...there used to be this great shop on Melrose called Heaven, and I bought it there...kind of like Hot Topic over 20 years ago.

rofl...I did have some "kids" that I was training to put g.c. ropes up in the castle forecourt tell me "oh my gawd, you are so old!!!" That was over 10 years ago when I noticed a group of Japanese tourist girls wearing old school style hip hugger bell bottoms with crop tops (the crop top hadn't come back into US fashion yet) - I'm standing there going "jeeze, I used to wear those kind of outfits in high school" and the girls said "when was that," so without thinking too much, I truthfully replied "1973," because that's the last time I dressed like that (platform shoes and all). Yeah, so I'm old...get over it... 8)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:25 pm

BirdMom wrote:rofl...I did have some "kids" that I was training ... tell me "oh my gawd, you are so old!!!"
My worst old-age moment also came when I was training. I was explaining:

"Sometimes you just have to repeat yourself like a broken record."

"Huh? Guiness has a record for the number of times you repeat yourself? How many times is that?"

"No, I mean like when a record skips a groove and repeats itself."

{blank stares}

"Okay, imagine a CD that's a foot in diameter with mechanical grooves on both sides...."

I couldn't believe that none of these CPers had ever seen a record. Then I went home, googled a couple of facts, and discoverd that they had all been born after the introduction of the WalkMan.

I felt so old.... :pimp:

Zazu

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:35 pm

Oh jeeze Zazu... :roll: I take it that "vintage" records aren't sold in Florida???

Another dinosaur moment...I was trying to explain pillbox hats to a girl (a la those old yellow things the girls wore at Coke Terrace) and I said "you know...like Jackie Kennedy used to wear..." and I got the blank stare followed by "who's Jackie Kennedy?" Helloooooooo.......John Kennedy's wife...former first lady of the U.S....John-John's mommy????

I'm beginning to think that if someone or something wasn't big in popular culture after 1985 it's non-existant to certain people... :bang: