Cheerleaders on an Elevator

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
jsilvers
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Cheerleaders on an Elevator

Post by jsilvers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Not, I suppose, technically a SGT since it didn't happen in a theme park - but we've all seen this type of people (and perhaps these same people) in theme parks...

[INDENT]AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — How many cheerleaders can cram into an elevator? Apparently not 26. A group of teenage girls attending a cheerleading camp on the University of Texas got stuck and had to be rescued after trying to squeeze into an elevator at a residence hall Tuesday night.[/INDENT]

See http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iulI ... gD92D0JL00 for the rest...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Cheerleaders on an Elevator

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:40 pm

Yup, sounds like your average high school stunt gone bad.

See that little decal that says the weight limit on this elevator is X? It's there for a reason.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Yup, sounds like your average high school stunt gone bad.

See that little decal that says the weight limit on this elevator is X? It's there for a reason.
Wallaby,that would require being able to read AND comprehend. :confused:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:05 pm

I can see the cheer leaders pulling these stunts at all Disney property. That would disquailfy a team faster than shop lifting. :eek:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:50 pm

A year or so ago, I attended the opening of the new library in Orange (no, really, that was important! This one I could walk to, at the time. The other two libraries in Orange I had to take buses to get to. Plus, I didn't have internet access at home.). I snagged some cookies--maybe more than I should've, but nobody seemed to notice. Besides, you should've seen how many boxes they had! There was more than enough.
Anyway, everything went well--until some people tried to use the elevator. I don't know how many, or whether they exceeded the weight limit, etc., but that thing was stuck, and the doors wouldn't open! Firefighters and cops were there, doing all they could to get the doors open without damaging them. The elevator service company came out and tried. I have no idea how long the people were in there, but I got there in time for the 10 a.m. opening, and I think I stayed until 1 p.m., and when I left, they were still trying to get that elevator door open. Thing is, everything was calm, they hollered encouragement to the people inside, and it was like nothing was wrong--real pros!
I went to that library frequently until we moved to another part of Orange County, but if you're ever in Orange, going east on Chapman Avenue, a few blocks past the square which is actually a traffic circle, across from City Hall at the intersection of Chapman and Cambridge, visit the new Central Library. Just don't use the elevator if possible--they seem to still have problems with it from time to time. But it's the most beautiful library I've seen.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:27 pm

felinefan wrote:A year or so ago, I attended the opening of the new library in Orange (no, really, that was important! This one I could walk to, at the time. The other two libraries in Orange I had to take buses to get to. Plus, I didn't have internet access at home.). I snagged some cookies--maybe more than I should've, but nobody seemed to notice. Besides, you should've seen how many boxes they had! There was more than enough.
Anyway, everything went well--until some people tried to use the elevator. I don't know how many, or whether they exceeded the weight limit, etc., but that thing was stuck, and the doors wouldn't open! Firefighters and cops were there, doing all they could to get the doors open without damaging them. The elevator service company came out and tried. I have no idea how long the people were in there, but I got there in time for the 10 a.m. opening, and I think I stayed until 1 p.m., and when I left, they were still trying to get that elevator door open. Thing is, everything was calm, they hollered encouragement to the people inside, and it was like nothing was wrong--real pros!
I went to that library frequently until we moved to another part of Orange County, but if you're ever in Orange, going east on Chapman Avenue, a few blocks past the square which is actually a traffic circle, across from City Hall at the intersection of Chapman and Cambridge, visit the new Central Library. Just don't use the elevator if possible--they seem to still have problems with it from time to time. But it's the most beautiful library I've seen.
Forget trying to open the doors, slide a box of cookies or two down the escape hatch. :D:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:07 am

Math Teacher: An elevator can hold one ton. How many cheerleaders can the elevator hold if the average cheerleader weights 125 pounds?

Bambi: psst, jessica lets go see how many cheerleaders will fit in an elevator.

The answer is 16, lol.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:01 am

Everytime I see the title of this thread I think of
"Snakes on a Plane" :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:48 am

DisneyMom wrote:Everytime I see the title of this thread I think of
"Snakes on a Plane" :rolleyes:
Problem is, snakes don't scare me... That movie, just from the title, has to have so many moments of just plain bad plot it's not funny. Starting with the fact that for the most part, if you released those snakes on an airplane, they wouldn't be all that interested in doing anything unless they really raised the temperature in the cabin, or if they were provoked.

I love snakes. They are absolutely beautiful animals. I go all Steve Irwin when I see snakes.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:22 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Problem is, snakes don't scare me... That movie, just from the title, has to have so many moments of just plain bad plot it's not funny. Starting with the fact that for the most part, if you released those snakes on an airplane, they wouldn't be all that interested in doing anything unless they really raised the temperature in the cabin, or if they were provoked.

I love snakes. They are absolutely beautiful animals. I go all Steve Irwin when I see snakes.
That's why most people who saw the movie saw it. Buzz got out on the internet about how bad it sounded and then everyone had to go see it, I know that's why my husband wanted to see it, and then he regretted it. Let's just say there's one scene that's a little more sensitive for a man to watch.