AHH!!! Stupid 101 Trick!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

AHH!!! Stupid 101 Trick!

Post by CMGUY89 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Uggh, over at Soarin' we had a really dumb 101 first thing Sunday Morning. We had launched our first flight and after it landed I asked the tower to unlock all of the seat belts by pushing a certain button. The CM pushed the wrong button and gave us a Carriage No-Go on all three carriages because it was pressed in the wrong order. Well I went to tower and helped to call maint. and stated that we were given a Carriage No-Go indication on the RCS Monitor and they needed to send a maint. person ASAP. Well managers show up and we are spieling to the guests that the flight has been delayed. After like 15 minutes maint. still hasn't shown up despite the fact that they are in the basement of the building. Apparently because I didn't say word for word "We are 101" they didn't send anyone. So the managers are mad about that and when maint gets there they say, oh just launch the flight and it will reset. Uggh it was sooo stupid. Literally we were down for 20 minutes and the manager was FURIOUS with us. So basically three mistakes caused a massive downtime and now the poor tower person is probably going to get a reprimand. I feel really bad for her because she was basically getting screamed at by a manager.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: AHH!!! Stupid 101 Trick!

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:01 pm

CMGUY89 wrote:I feel really bad for her because she was basically getting screamed at by a manager.
Not on stage, I hope. Backstage is still bad, you need to be professional about it. But if that was onstage, I would get a steward involved.

Question about that error... if you get that error, is it still possible to be 102? If so, then that's your mistake and knowing you, you'll take credit where credit is due for an honest mistake. But if that's an error code that means the attraction is 101, then it shouldn't need to be stated, should it?

If your fellow Cast Member is getting a reprimand after being yelled at, if any part of it was onstage, then have her make sure the shop steward knows that. Bad show, from anyone working for Disney, for any reason, is bad show.

One time, I was in a restaurant, and the whole group really liked our waitress. Manager pulled her into the kitchen, but still within earshot of us and I could see the waitress. After the manager reamed her a new one, the waitress came over to our table, having barely composed herself from the ordeal. I asked to speak to her manager but only after slipping her a $20. When the manager arrived, I informed the manager that she had ruined our dining experience, and I wasn't going to pay for our meal, because having to listen to her completely unprofessional manner with our waitress who had until that point been wonderful to us (and still was afterward), I didn't want to support a business where the staff was treated abusively. The manager started to explain herself, and I told her I didn't care. Because she had yelled at my server in front of me where I could hear everything, I was uncomfortable in her restaurant. Then, I tipped the waitress another $20 in front of the manager, said that was not to pay for the meal, but for the shame, embarrassment and humiliation of having that done in front of the entire restaurant full of patrons. I wouldn't be back. Shame, because the food was actually decent.

Never did find out what happened after that. I'm sure the meal was paid out of that waitress's check. But that's why I did what I did and tipped her twice.

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:27 pm

I am currently bitting my toung on this one... all I can say that wont be bleeped out is... Just get a shop steward involved anyway. I means thats what they are not paid for anyway isnt?

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

sean1966
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by sean1966 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:One time, I was in a restaurant, and the whole group really liked our waitress. Manager pulled her into the kitchen, but still within earshot of us and I could see the waitress. After the manager reamed her a new one, the waitress came over to our table, having barely composed herself from the ordeal. I asked to speak to her manager but only after slipping her a $20. When the manager arrived, I informed the manager that she had ruined our dining experience, and I wasn't going to pay for our meal, because having to listen to her completely unprofessional manner with our waitress who had until that point been wonderful to us (and still was afterward), I didn't want to support a business where the staff was treated abusively. The manager started to explain herself, and I told her I didn't care. Because she had yelled at my server in front of me where I could hear everything, I was uncomfortable in her restaurant. Then, I tipped the waitress another $20 in front of the manager, said that was not to pay for the meal, but for the shame, embarrassment and humiliation of having that done in front of the entire restaurant full of patrons. I wouldn't be back. Shame, because the food was actually decent.

Never did find out what happened after that. I'm sure the meal was paid out of that waitress's check. But that's why I did what I did and tipped her twice.
Good for you!!! I would have followed up with the owner just to make sure she didn't have to pay for the food.

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:08 pm

No they yelled at her in the vip room where no guests could see them.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:21 am

CMGUY89 wrote:No they yelled at her in the vip room where no guests could see them.
At least there's that. Next question in my mind would be the definition of yell.

While something like a reprimand and the fact-finding and discussion that would hopefully lead up to that reprimand certainly wouldn't be fun, it still shouldn't be able to be misconstrued as "yelling", unless it's an incident that put someone's safety or life at risk. Then, yelling might be in order.

But it doesn't sound like that kind of incident.

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:17 pm

Yell as in elevated voice volume while verbally reprimanding the CM.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:10 am

CMGUY89 wrote:Yell as in elevated voice volume while verbally reprimanding the CM.
A manager on whom professionalism is lost. Got it.

Grrrrr...