What happens when you don't watch your kids

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

What happens when you don't watch your kids

Post by CujoSR » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:28 pm

It could have been worse.

From AOL News

Pic

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (Jan. 5) - A 7-year-old boy had to be rescued with the help of a locksmith Saturday after crawling into a supermarket's stuffed animal game machine while his father talked on the telephone.

"He was sitting right in there with the stuffed animals," said Shift Commander Mark Zittel of the Sheboygan Fire Department.

He said the boy, whose name was not released because he is a minor, crawled through about an 8-inch-by-10-inch opening to get into the glass enclosure via a chute where the toys come out, but when he tried to get back out his way was blocked.

The stuffed animals are prizes that can be hooked by players with a crane-like device.

"His dad was three feet away at a pay phone," Zittel said. "He was talking on the phone and he said the next thing he turned around and the kid was in the thing."

He said the boy stayed calm and didn't panic as firefighters responded to the Piggly Wiggly store and then moved the game machine to the back of the store and got a locksmith to open the main loading door. The process took about an hour.

"There was no panic," Zittel said. "We could have broke the glass if there was an emergency."

The boy was not injured or traumatized but desperately had to go to the bathroom, he said.

But rescuers hadn't figured out how the boy was able to crawl into the game, or why no one in the store's busy lobby spotted him and stopped him before he got inside.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:20 am

"The Revenge of the Claw Machines"

Guess all the years of beating the crap out of those things, they've started to CRAVE HUMAN FLESH!

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:01 am

The worst is when the parents are actually watching their kids get into mischeif and do nothing!

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:40 am

Its bad enough that the little boy had to go through that, but whats even worse is that he lives in a town called "Sheboygen :shock: ". Poor little kid.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:02 am

goose wrote:The worst is when the parents are actually watching their kids get into mischeif and do nothing!

Seriously. That's just bad.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:46 pm

Freak wrote:
goose wrote:The worst is when the parents are actually watching their kids get into mischeif and do nothing!

Seriously. That's just bad.
What about when the parents actually encourage it?

And then years later they wonder why their perfect little angel is in prision for robbery, murder or whatever major felony that they could have committed. It makes you just want to do this to them :hammer:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:50 pm

^ And this... :throw: , and some of this, :bang: , and finish it off with this :Flame: . I think its safe to say that some parents shouldn't be parents. But as Goose said, the parents who encourage their kids to get into mischief, wow...they're just messed in the head.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:22 pm

oh boy, that's bad...however, I'd like to think that the incident happenned because dad was too busy yakking it up on the phone (you know it's the midwest when it's NOT a cell phone). In defense of my own gender, I'd like to think that the mom would have been more attentive, but then again, I've seen some doozies happen in the park while the mom was busy yakking it up so I can't defend the moms of the world either :roll:

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:17 pm

But rescuers hadn't figured out ... or why no one in the store's busy lobby spotted him and stopped him before he got inside.
Shame on those strangers for not paying attention to other people's children!!! Pffft, this guy should have received a citation.

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:54 pm

"A little boy among the toys in a claw machine - Michael Jackson's dream comes true!"

I heard this joke somewhere on TV - perhaps the Daily Show...