Why?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Why?

Post by Zazu » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:27 pm

Euterpe wrote:I've heard they don't actually do much for background checks. I know when they've scanned my finger prints, the pictures won't show up (I guess I don't have finger prints?) and they never really seem to care so much.
Disney didn't check to see if I had a valid drivers license before they handed me the keys to drive vehicles on either Main Street or the roads on and off property. They have never taken my fingerprints, even when clearing me to serve alcohol. They did check to make sure I was 18... I think... oh, and breathing. That was very important to them for some reason -- the other stuff not so much. :sparky:

Zazu

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Hey, that's a better name than the Oregonian... I follow a certain local radio host in calling it the Daily Dead Fish Wrapper.
Hey, now that's just unkind! From what I remember of the Oregonian, that would be an insult ... to the dead fish.

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:05 am

Zazu wrote:Hey, now that's just unkind! From what I remember of the Oregonian, that would be an insult ... to the dead fish.
Dammit, you're right. Okay, so what's a better name?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:58 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Dammit, you're right. Okay, so what's a better name?
Well, if your intent is to tick of an Oregonian staffer, you could always call it the Tribune....

Zazu

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Zazu wrote:Well, if your intent is to tick of an Oregonian staffer, you could always call it the Tribune....
You could call it Orgami....

only suitable to fold into interesting shapes!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:21 pm

Zazu wrote:Well, if your intent is to tick of an Oregonian staffer, you could always call it the Tribune....
But the Trib has had a *couple* good articles...

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Zazu wrote:Disney didn't check to see if I had a valid drivers license before they handed me the keys to drive vehicles on either Main Street or the roads on and off property. They have never taken my fingerprints, even when clearing me to serve alcohol. They did check to make sure I was 18... I think... oh, and breathing. That was very important to them for some reason -- the other stuff not so much. :sparky:
Knowing the ineptitude of Disney Security it's probably just as well. I could just see them doing a background check-"Hey, Harry this guy's a member of the Augustan Society. What's that?" "I don't know, maybe they have a picnic or something in August." "I wonder, besides who's this Hadrian guy he keeps writing about? And what's AOTW? Ya' think it's some kind of code?" "Nah! He just can't spell. He means ATV. What a birdbrain!"

OTOH knowing you as I do, I'd lock-up the alcohol, hide all the keys, go sit in some dark, quiet corner and be verryyy verryy quiet. :D:

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:24 pm

Euterpe wrote:I've heard they don't actually do much for background checks. I know when they've scanned my finger prints, the pictures won't show up (I guess I don't have finger prints?) and they never really seem to care so much. Granted, I probably look pretty harmless (and I am), but there are certainly other people who they might want to check a little bit deeper than they did me.
Really? I recall a manager saying that he/she went to a career fair and most of the people weren't hired because they didn't pass the background check.