I was term'ed without being..term'ed?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Hawkeye
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: I was term'ed without being..term'ed?

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:11 pm

So I went by costuming today and did my weekly swap. At the end of things, the guy doing the check out made a comment on how I have a lot of stuff. I'm like yeah ... AdLib, lots of accessories. 2 hats, a bowtie, a necktie, coat and tails for the mansion etc etc etc. He made a comment about how the system might decide I have too much stuff and start charging me. I wanted to go ballistic right then. Evidentually they've been doing this a lot lately and the Union is going nuts over it because of the wording of article 24 of the STCU agreement. Oh well, should be fun.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:30 pm

Went into costuming today, and the person who scanned my ID asked me where I worked, which I responded, and she said something along the lines of "that's interesting, because you have 4 chef coats on your record"

I'm pretty sure that what happened was the costuming CM yesterday didn't scan the next person's ID, or didn't scan it correctly, so all their stuff went on my record. (4 chef coats, 4 chef pants, and a catering tuxedo). I spoke with one of the costuming managers who was very nice about the whole thing and said she'd get everything taken off. I'm going to double check on that tomorrow when I go in.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Got my new name tag last Wednesday. Took them only a week to get it in.

Today I went by Costuming to do my weekly swap out. On my way in I stopped by the Hub Kiosk in there to check my pay stub to see if they reversed the costuming charge. They had so I didn't have to hunt down a manager to try again to get it straightened out.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:59 pm

I can just kick myself. I go to hang up my vest tonight (I take it off and put it in my bag when I leave work) and find that my nametag is missing. I check the bag and all through my apartment and can't find it. The tag must have come off as I was putting it into my bag or something. Barely a month after getting a new nametag I have to get yet another. Might as well take a $5.00 bill and burn it.

Today was lose stuff day for me I guess. I noticed during my shift that my pin lanyard (I had a hip lanyard) was missing. I couldn't find it in the shop I was in, the stockroom I went down to a couple of times, nor anywhere in between. It wasn't turned into Pin Replenishment (which is directly below my area and actually managed by my managers) nor my area's desk when I checked with them.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Sounds like you've got a bad case of dropsy, Shorty. A shot of rum will cure that (according to GP). Too many shots of rum will definitely make it worse.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Whazzup wrote:Too many shots of rum will definitely make it worse.
But you'll be too numb to care.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:53 pm

hobie16 wrote:But you'll be too numb to care.
And with enough shots, you will call your manager at 3 A.M. and chew him/her out for not making better pin clutch backs available!!!

hehehehehe

(NOT recommended for those that desire a promotion....or even to retain a job for that matter!!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:And with enough shots, you will call your manager at 3 A.M. and chew him/her out for not making better pin clutch backs available!!!

hehehehehe

(NOT recommended for those that desire a promotion....or even to retain a job for that matter!!!)
That wasn't the problem! Losing a single pin is no big deal. I lost the entire lanyard containing 9 pins. Problem is that my costume doesn't have belt loops to clip the hip lanyard to so I had to clip it to my waist band. Usually stays pretty good and if I do drop it I realize it. Not sure how I didn't realize right away the lanyard was gone, I would have thought I'd notice the weight of it being gone. I felt weird today not having it as I am so used to it being there.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward