I was term'ed without being..term'ed?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

I was term'ed without being..term'ed?

Post by ectomstr » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:39 pm

So, I had three days off this past week and when I got to work yesterday, i opened my locker to find..a note! from costuming! telling me how my locker was going to be cleaned out on the 1st of August due to...termination! so my first thought was that I was terminated on my days off without my knowledge! severely annoyed/pissed off, I went to find my chef's and see what the deal is. First chef I showed the note too was confused as I was, mainly cause I wasn't terminated! The second chef just as much as the first! He told me to go to costuming and straighten this out. I do so (this being my break unfortunately) and after waiting 15 minutes for a manager to arrive, he explains that in their computer system, I was terminated. That I needed to go back and talk to my chef's to get it straightened out, have them double check the SAP.

So, i trudge back, get my lunch (which is eaten rather quickly later in the night) and talk to my chefs. Nope, I'm a-ok in SAP. arrrg! Not to mention that i've been waiting 1 month for a new name tag and it hasn't arrived..when the manager looks he goes "whoops! looks like someone put Wonkers instead of Yonkers, NY. You don't live in Wonkers do you?" I'm all "noooo..." a month. I took a MONTH for someone to realize this?!

oi.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: I was term'ed without being..term'ed?

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:00 pm

This just proves something I already knew, Costuming is run by idiots. I'm glad I know where everything I need for my costume is as I hate trying to talk to the majority of the costuming cast.

Though I do have to admit the one time I had to talk to a manager I found her quicker than the Costuming CM who was looking for her did and she was a lot of help and got me what I wanted. I was getting a hat that's only recently been approved for my costume. I wound up having to go to the Grand Floridian Costuming department to get it (which I didn't mind as I was going to drive right by there anyway) as they hadn't come in yet at MK Costuming (the hat is also the one worn by the valets at the Grand Floridian). The manager had to call down to the GF to give permission for me to get it. I was able to get it even though GF costuming was closed that day but thankfully the manager was there working on things.

Talk to your leads, you shouldn't have had to go to costuming to try to straighten out their mess on your break. You should get paid for that time.

It shouldn't take a month to get a name tag. When I went to Traditions my name tag was either wrong or missing (can't remember which). Either way I was told there might be a problem getting me a tag that day as it was a Saturday but a short while later I had one. If they can get me a name tag on a Saturday on such short notice it shouldn't take so long to get you a new one. Misspelling the city is just dumb, the people making the tags should proofread what they are doing so that kind of mistake doesn't happen!

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Terrytunes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Terrytunes » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:40 pm

I recently left DLR because we are moving 350 miles away. I turned in all my costumes, belt, everything. I get a letter 2 weeks later saying that I did not turn in all my costumes. The enclosed page with my letter was a list of all the costumes in question. The pieces in question were for a different cast member, with the CM i.d. number and name printed next to the pieces in question. Mind you, the letter was address to me, with my CM i.d. number on it, but the pieces were for another CM, not even in my area!
I called costuming, they looked up my i.d. number and told me I was cleared. Duh. I nicely told them that maybe the other CM needed a letter sent to them. I wonder if they will address the letter to the other CM and send them my printout telling them that I am clear? Hmm.
TT

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:20 pm

ectomstr wrote:SI went to find my chef's and see what the deal is. First chef I showed the note too was confused as I was, mainly cause I wasn't terminated! The second chef just as much as the first! He told me to go to costuming and straighten this out. I do so (this being my break unfortunately) and after waiting 15 minutes for a manager to arrive, he explains that in their computer system, I was terminated. That I needed to go back and talk to my chef's to get it straightened out, have them double check the SAP.

So, i trudge back, get my lunch (which is eaten rather quickly later in the night) and talk to my chefs. Nope, I'm a-ok in SAP. arrrg! Not to mention that i've been waiting 1 month for a new name tag and it hasn't arrived..when the manager looks he goes "whoops! looks like someone put Wonkers instead of Yonkers, NY. You don't live in Wonkers do you?" I'm all "noooo..." a month. I took a MONTH for someone to realize this?!

That's great, but who are the "chef's"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_EfE-mqgE

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.. I hope everything works out for you.. (seriously)..

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:38 pm

Great googley moogley!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Euterpe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Euterpe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:19 am

I hate going to costuming. Argh. I don't know why those cast members hate their lives so much, but seriously... Do they have to make my life so much harder because of it. Probably the closest I have come to yelling at someone in a service position was at Costuming.

I think Pop Century's is the worst, and Epcots isn't much better. Port Orleans actually had really wonderful people, so I guess I spent two years thinking Costuming was helpful and then I got thrown into the real world, and I was shocked. But at Port Orleans, they knew where everything was, and they helped you find it, and they could help you figure out what size you were and they remembered your face and greeted you with a smile. I actually liked going to cast services at Port Orleans...

Mocking Adulthood since 2004.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 am

I once had a wretched experience with costuming when I worked FLand attractions. I wore a size S (XS when I could find it). This was back during the days before MK Cast Zooming. I went in and literally the only shirts they had were XXL. When that had happened before I snagged a merch shirt, they're close enough in design that most people won't notice. The man would not let me check it out. I explained that the other shirts were way too large, and that is a safety hazard (what if my sleeve got caught on a lap bar or other moving equipment). I finally got a manager, and she agreed with me. As she was getting ready to issue the all clear for me to get the merch shirt, a sm rides shirt came in.

She told me to have the CM at costuming give me a printed excuse since I was now late, and he refused. It was a nightmare! The manager was so nice, but the man working the desk was horrid.

Petite and Proud!

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:06 am

most of the people i've encountered have been nice (ok mainly the older gentleman Bill) but for the most part ugh...they were doing a "class" group thing and the lady checking people in said in a normal tone voice "anyone going TO work? no?" a voice that wasn't heard over the "crowd" i pointed out a fellow cast member i work with and the lady's response "well, she didn't answer" wtf? speak clearly and enunciate. but yeah, my chef's found nothing wrong on their end. totally on costuming's end and I'll hopefully have my name tag sometime this week.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 am

Terrytunes wrote:I recently left DLR because we are moving 350 miles away. I turned in all my costumes, belt, everything. I get a letter 2 weeks later saying that I did not turn in all my costumes. The enclosed page with my letter was a list of all the costumes in question. The pieces in question were for a different cast member, with the CM i.d. number and name printed next to the pieces in question. Mind you, the letter was address to me, with my CM i.d. number on it, but the pieces were for another CM, not even in my area!
I called costuming, they looked up my i.d. number and told me I was cleared. Duh. I nicely told them that maybe the other CM needed a letter sent to them. I wonder if they will address the letter to the other CM and send them my printout telling them that I am clear? Hmm.
TT
I learned after working at DLR for a couple of years to never trust Costuming. That was why, on my last day (well, both of my last days), I asked to look at the screen in GUS and requested a printout.

Near my real last day, when I knew I wouldn't be coming back, I also took the time to go to TDA to look through my HR files since I knew my new company would be looking through it. Lo and behold, there were attendance warnings in my file for another CM with the same first and last name as me. I just wrote it off as an honest mistake (my last name is pretty common in SoCal and my first name is common across North America), the HR CM took care of it and that was that.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:26 am

I haven't been all that impressed with Costuming people, but the lady I am dealing with most of the time at Chip 'n Dale is pretty nice. But the worst was at AK. I had a coat stolen from my car, and the manager would not do anything about it, even with a police and Security report. So I owe the company close to $200 for something that I couldn't stop. Thanks a lot!