Let's respond to our guests complaint....by completely ignoring him!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Let's respond to our guests complaint....by completely ignoring him!

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:08 pm

JugglingFreak wrote:
Those kinds of things are just venting.. I doubt anyone has ever done it but people say things like that all the time at almost every place I've ever worked. In fact people do that sort of thing on this very board (clothes-lining heely kids, etc). Just because you say things like that doesn't mean you don't love your job, it's just a way of dealing with stress..
Whoot, same here!!!!

Personally, I LOVE those stories from the more experienced cast members. See my post about the desire of rolling that selfish wheelchair bitch with the yorkie off a high hill? (personally, I prefer a cliff, but we don't have any in FL ) I truly am not kidding about that desire as well. I REALLY do not like people who take advantage of the help and kindness given to them and still remain ungrateful. I see too many times where SGs get away with stuff, far too many times - I LOVE stories where they finally get what is coming to them!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:40 am

I'm talking more about the people who claim to have done this. You will find plenty of CMs in FLand who will claim at one point or another to have taken a stroller to another land or to the other side of FLand just to mess with the guests. Venting is one thing, claiming to have actually done it is another.

I also take character integrity very seriously. I realize people need to vent, but claiming to know people who have removed pieces on stage to go out in blaze of glory as though you idolize them takes it a bit too far. I've heard lots of "venting" that took the form of bragging about rude things CMs have done to guests in the past that were definitely against the rules. You should never follow through on those baser impulses, and if you do, please don't brag about it as though it somehow makes you cool.

Petite and Proud!

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:15 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:You will find plenty of CMs in FLand who will claim at one point or another to have taken a stroller to another land or to the other side of FLand just to mess with the guests.
Well, when you consider there's 8 attractions in FLand and only 3 places to park strollers, none of which have enough space, its easy enough to see how a stroller could have been moved to the other side of the land. Or at least the other side of the Pan-Small World corridor, which on a busy day can seem like it's on a different continent.

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:43 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I have three thoughts regarding this alleged incident... First of all, if they did that, they should be canned. If they did, it just shows how easy it is to work for Disney.

Third thought... A few days ago, a housemate came home with a story he had heard from another driver, where a Disney employee had, on her way home, run over some guests, killed them, then drove home. Cameras caught her in the act, so when the police showed up at her house, she tried to bribe them with $100 and sexual favors. Since I heard the story, I have found absolutely nothing to corroborate it. I've scoured the Internet to the best of my ability and found absolutely nothing. If this happened, even Disney and it's great abilities in the PR department couldn't make that disappear. The fact I've heard nothing leaves me pretty well convinced it didn't happen.

If you find out more, I would love to hear it. Though this is much, much, much, much more believable than the one I just passed on, I still take it with a grain of salt until I talk to someone who was there (and only if they are someone I trust, which excludes many in the bus department).

Now, did you talk to someone who saw it themselves? If so, my belief in the story goes up.
I think they have thier stories confused, there was a lady last week that tried to bribe a police officer with money and sexual favors but she was up north, she did a hit and run leaving the Dells in wisconsin but she was from Milwaki or someplace and i never heard of anyone being killed. I read Disney news pretty much daily and I know if a CM ran over and killed someone, especially a guest/s on property the vultures would be all over it like it was the companies fault.

Steve

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 pm

svickersart wrote:...tried to bribe a police officer with money and sexual favors...
You have to ask yourself how bad was the sex if she had to throw money into the deal?

Or looking at it from a different angle, how much has the dollar lost in value that you have to throw sex in?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 pm

svickersart wrote:...and I know if a CM ran over and killed someone, especially a guest/s on property the vultures would be all over it like it was the companies fault.
I refer you to this thread: http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/showthread.php?t=4186

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm

hhsrat wrote:Well, when you consider there's 8 attractions in FLand and only 3 places to park strollers, none of which have enough space, its easy enough to see how a stroller could have been moved to the other side of the land. Or at least the other side of the Pan-Small World corridor, which on a busy day can seem like it's on a different continent.
With the exception of Pan/Small world, there is at least a little parking outside of every ride, proportional to the number of guests who are on that ride at a given time. I realize that especially in the Pan/Philhar/Small World area, strollers will get mixed up on occasion if they are left in an unusual place. What I am referring to is people who claim to have purposefully taken a stroller from some place like Teacups or Pooh to Skyway, or even to other lands just to spite a guest who leaves it in an unauthorized spot. This is what I find inappropriate.

I guess I also see a difference between venting about a specific guest or kind of guest, and saying you're going to rip off a vital costume piece in front of all the children on one particular set because you don't like your job, especially if this is a daily topic of conversation for you. I have never been comfortable with that form of venting, if you must do so, I don't feel like your workplace is the best place for it.

Petite and Proud!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:18 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:What I am referring to is people who claim to have purposefully taken a stroller from some place like Teacups or Pooh to Skyway, or even to other lands just to spite a guest who leaves it in an unauthorized spot. This is what I find inappropriate.
No, no, no. This treatment is reserved for those who become truly abusive.

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:47 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:With the exception of Pan/Small world, there is at least a little parking outside of every ride, proportional to the number of guests who are on that ride at a given time. I realize that especially in the Pan/Philhar/Small World area, strollers will get mixed up on occasion if they are left in an unusual place. What I am referring to is people who claim to have purposefully taken a stroller from some place like Teacups or Pooh to Skyway, or even to other lands just to spite a guest who leaves it in an unauthorized spot. This is what I find inappropriate.
When I worked IMAGE/HISTA several years ago, we always had issues with guests parking their strollers (or 'buggies') up at the dancing foutains. Wheh guests approched with these modes of transport we would remind each of them about this, due to fire/safety codes. In those cases where the guests stated that they were only going up to see the fountains, we would allow.

Now, at least 95% of those guests were honest with us and would comply. For the other 5% who thought they could pull a fast one on us, we gave them special treatment, we would move those strollers to the appropiate stroller parking area for IMAGE.

Sometimes we would get a panicked guest who wanted to report a stolen stroller to security or wondering where their stroller was. When we asked where it was parked (we already knew) and told up on the promenade, we informed them that it was moved to the stroller parking area and point them to that area. Very effective. :D:

[font=Comic Sans MS]NAMASTE[/font]

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:03 am

Big Wallaby wrote:No, no, no. This treatment is reserved for those who become truly abusive.
Maybe not you but yep have heard of CMs venting of guests. It gets frustrating when you have to move a stroller from a doorway for example, like stupid how do you expect the door to work.