Let's respond to our guests complaint....by completely ignoring him!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Let's respond to our guests complaint....by completely ignoring him!

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Yeti Chaser wrote:When I worked IMAGE/HISTA several years ago, we always had issues with guests parking their strollers (or 'buggies') up at the dancing foutains. Wheh guests approched with these modes of transport we would remind each of them about this, due to fire/safety codes. In those cases where the guests stated that they were only going up to see the fountains, we would allow.

Now, at least 95% of those guests were honest with us and would comply. For the other 5% who thought they could pull a fast one on us, we gave them special treatment, we would move those strollers to the appropiate stroller parking area for IMAGE.

Sometimes we would get a panicked guest who wanted to report a stolen stroller to security or wondering where their stroller was. When we asked where it was parked (we already knew) and told up on the promenade, we informed them that it was moved to the stroller parking area and point them to that area. Very effective. :D:
In this case you are moving it to the appropriate stroller area. I admit that I do get some satisfaction in moving a stroller from the ropes at SW to Skyway (the appropriate area) after I have told a guest that is no parking. There is a difference between taking it to the appropriate area, and walking it halfway across the park just to spite them.

Petite and Proud!

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:04 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:In this case you are moving it to the appropriate stroller area. I admit that I do get some satisfaction in moving a stroller from the ropes at SW to Skyway (the appropriate area) after I have told a guest that is no parking. There is a difference between taking it to the appropriate area, and walking it halfway across the park just to spite them.
How about moving it to the farthest corner of the stroller parking. I do that lots when Small World holiday is upon us. I tell someone to not park their stroller there, they ignore me and park it anyway and it gets parked as far away as I can possibly park it while it is still in stroller parking.

Hey, I have to move it to stroller parking, no one said I have to make it convenient for the guest to retrieve it.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:44 pm

lady ulrike wrote:Hey, I have to move it to stroller parking, no one said I have to make it convenient for the guest to retrieve it.
A little super glue on the wheels might add to the fun.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.