Pull your pants up!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Seder
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Pull your pants up!

Post by Seder » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:08 am

Why is there suddenly a trend to show off your undies? Every park I go to, I've seen at least one SG lose his pants. XD

“Please watch your step as you're exiting the train. Enjoy the rest of your day at Worlds of Fun, ride on!”

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Pull your pants up!

Post by Freak » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:31 am

It's not just a trend in parks, its a trend/fashion statement EVERYWHERE. People have a need to draw attention to themselves by showing us what they put on underneath their pants for some reason.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:51 am

It's not a trend or fashion. It's idiocy. It's everywhere.

I wish we could have some sort of remote that we could point at them and... encourage them to pull them up, without ever saying a word.

Use your imagination regarding how this remote operates, and discuss.

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:36 am

Big Wallaby wrote: I wish we could have some sort of remote that we could point at them and... encourage them to pull them up, without ever saying a word.

Use your imagination regarding how this remote operates, and discuss.
Push a button, Atomic Wedgie.... :twisted:

For the uninitiated, the "Atomic Wedgie" is where the waistband of the underwear is yanked so high you can put it over their head...

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:55 pm

They totally look like the penguins who danced with Bert in "Mary Poppins." I expect them at any moment to start waddling and dancing around.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Of course there is the automatic wedgie at Summit Plummet. And sometimes the loss of the top part of a swimsuit. People are doing about 60MPH when they hit the curve at the bottom.

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:Of course there is the automatic wedgie at Summit Plummet. And sometimes the loss of the top part of a swimsuit. People are doing about 60MPH when they hit the curve at the bottom.
Hell yeah.. I love Summit Plummet! :hijack:

I take it seriously too.. Last year, I woke up early that morning and shaved ALL body hair. Upon arrival, greased up with suntan lotion and headed straight for Summit Plummet. I hit 64 MPH according to the radar gun. Even the life guard was impressed..

I apologize for the thread hijack and the horrible mental image it may have caused..

I now return you to the regularly scheduled thread..

markstudy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by markstudy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:05 pm

This behavior has its roots in Prison Life.

When you are put into prison, they take away your belt, so you can't hang yourself. (maybe they should rethink this policy)

Young people today (thanks to rap music) have copied this new trend .... pretending they are thug rappers who are "bad" .....its like telling your friends that you have been to prison or have street creds.

Funny, when I was a kid I wanted to be like Bill Gates or Donald Trump :D: Not a 3 time loser drug dealer who has spent time in the big house. (funny what kids look-up-to these days)

When I see these jerks....I tell them that the other reason people in jail wear their pants low like that...is that they are advertising that they offer sexual services to other inmates. That usually gets the little teenage thug (Mr Vanilla Ice want-to-be) to pull up his pants. :twisted:

On a side note-
Scientist actually think that human beings will split into two genetically separate sub-species in the future.... because the
"college educated" and the "high school drop-out" classes are moving so far away from each other, that the two groups may not mix gene pools in the future. (now that's some scary stuff). Seems silly but, just that fact that this theory has been raised in a serious scientific debate is almost surreal

Euterpe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Euterpe » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:16 pm

The low-pants trend isn't really new. The current style has been popular since the 80's, and it does get its origins from rappers who went to prison, but baggy pants have been "gangster" since way back in the 30's and 40's.

On a Summit Plummit note, on a play night one time, the managers turned up the pressure on Summit, and my friend went down it, and it actually ripped the leg of his lifeguard shorts in half! And, one guy (who had a little bacne) ended up bleeding. Hence why I'll sit up at the top and push people down the slide, but I won't go down that thing.

And mark, that study about the splitting of the human race sounds interesting. Do you know anything more about it, or where I can look up and studies? I'm an Anthro major, so things like that fascinate me.

Mocking Adulthood since 2004.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:20 pm

markstudy wrote:Scientist actually think that human beings will split into two genetically separate sub-species in the future.... because the
"college educated" and the "high school drop-out" classes are moving so far away from each other, that the two groups may not mix gene pools in the future. (now that's some scary stuff). Seems silly but, just that fact that this theory has been raised in a serious scientific debate is almost surreal
That makes sense as we're already seeing the financial divide widen.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.