Not so Scary Halloween for adults too?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
cal2632
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Not so Scary Halloween for adults too?

Post by cal2632 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:03 am

Looking for a CM or someone who has expericenced Mickey's NSSH party first hand to offer sage advice. 2 middle aged women, neither with kids, wonder if it would be appropriate to dress up and attend the party or if it would be frowned on for adults who are, of couse, kids at heart.

Thanks!

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Not so Scary Halloween for adults too?

Post by Theme Park Where » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:06 am

I go every year (sometimes more than once) with my 75+ year old parents and my 40-something brother/SIL. We love it! It's worth it alone for the parade and fireworks. Trick or Treating ain't bad either, and you can always bring your candy goodies in to work with you (I do - I'm popular in the office around halloween!). We don't dress up because I never think to do it until it's too late, but many adults do. Go, be a kid at heart. That's what Disney's all about!

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

cal2632
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by cal2632 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:40 am

Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear. :D:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 am

The only reason I didn't dress up was the lack of finding a costume in time. Our trip was early in the season, and not all of the halloween stores were open yet. Have fun!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:59 am

My Disney buddy Karen and I are both middle aged (and then some) and we drove down to WDW last October for MNSSHP and had a blast! We had our Safari Mickey outfits on and went through all the trick-or-treat stations, rode all the rides, watched the parade (which was awesome), ate dinner at 1900 Park Fare and played with the characters, and had a great time.
We also did an Illuminations Cruise with a bunch of strangers (no offense, Big Wallaby, you're no longer a stranger ;) ) and blew bubbles and had a birthday celebration for a little girl on the boat. It was a fun trip. :D:

I think that's one of the best things about WDW and DL, ANYBODY act like a kid and have a great time without fear of looking silly. I feel sorry for the SGs who can't let their hair down and have fun.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 pm

When I was on vacation last year. My family went to the party. We had a good time. The only bummer was a thunder storm with heavy rain. :)

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:18 pm

cal2632 wrote:Looking for a CM or someone who has expericenced Mickey's NSSH party first hand to offer sage advice. 2 middle aged women, neither with kids, wonder if it would be appropriate to dress up and attend the party or if it would be frowned on for adults who are, of couse, kids at heart.

Thanks!
not me, it's too scary...

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:02 pm

turkeyham wrote:When I was on vacation last year. My family went to the party. We had a good time. The only bummer was a thunder storm with heavy rain. :)
Did you go in October of last year? Same thing happened to us.
drcorey wrote:not me, it's too scary...
Is your mirror at home scary sometimes?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:20 pm

cal2632 wrote:Looking for a CM or someone who has expericenced Mickey's NSSH party first hand to offer sage advice. 2 middle aged women, neither with kids, wonder if it would be appropriate to dress up and attend the party or if it would be frowned on for adults who are, of couse, kids at heart.

Thanks!
No, go right ahead! I know plenty of adults who dress up for the special events. :)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Don't understand why anyone would be discouraged from doing so. It the one time adults can wear costumes at MK - then again there was that wacky 20 something Snow White with pink hair ....

Cause of the nutty do's that Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique put out, I'm half tempted to go as an 80's Pop-Princess and get made over there.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE