What part of "you can't bring that on the ride don't you understand?" Six Flags SGTs

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: What part of "you can't bring that on the ride don't you understand?" Six Flags S

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 am

smart1hermione wrote: and the little boy who slipped under the restraint on Roger Rabbit.
Sorry, I have to dispute this one, I know someone who worked the attraction when this happened and the kid was found between the two attached cars, not to the side of the car where it was plausible that he slipped out, but right smack in the middle of the two connected cars.

The kid was upset when the car was dispatched and the best that can be figured out is that one parent tried to pass the child to the parent in the other car. This comes from a very reliable eyewitness.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: What part of "you can't bring that on the ride don't you understand?" Six Flags S

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:40 am

lady ulrike wrote:Sorry, I have to dispute this one, I know someone who worked the attraction when this happened and the kid was found between the two attached cars, not to the side of the car where it was plausible that he slipped out, but right smack in the middle of the two connected cars.

The kid was upset when the car was dispatched and the best that can be figured out is that one parent tried to pass the child to the parent in the other car. This comes from a very reliable eyewitness.
That goes beyond SGism into the realm of "what the heck were they thinking?" (you also have to seriously question their abaility to safely raise kids!!) Sheeeesh!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:14 pm

lady ulrike wrote:Sorry, I have to dispute this one, I know someone who worked the attraction when this happened and the kid was found between the two attached cars, not to the side of the car where it was plausible that he slipped out, but right smack in the middle of the two connected cars.

I haven't been on Roger Rabbit in quite some time, but I remember being able to rotate those cars. So in theory the door opening could have been to the side between the two joined cars. Am I wrong?

I didn't really care who was at fault in that accident, what irked me the most about it was that with all the bad publicity DLR got in the aftermath, they told the media that all emergency calls would start going to 911. But what they didn't tell the media was that CMs calling 911 would still be connected to the same internal emergency response system that the old 4204 number connected us to. I suppose having 911 available helped us remember where to call in an emergency, but I think the real change happened a year later when DLR started paying to have AFD paramedics on site 24/7 and bought emergency response vehicles for them to use on property.

Regardless, I still feel much safer on any Disney ride/attraction than at fair or carnival rides. Lots of my wife's family worked at Magic Mountain and they could tell you it's gone down the tubes since Six Flags took over. OTOH SF sold its park near Seattle last year and it's doing a bit better now since the new owners market it differently. Around the time they sold it I read that SF became a victim of its own aggressive growth-by-acquisition business plan and too many of the parks they acquired became liabilities.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:38 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:That goes beyond SGism into the realm of "what the heck were they thinking?" (you also have to seriously question their abaility to safely raise kids!!) Sheeeesh!

Something similar happened on Spaceship Earth a few years ago.
Kids were in the front seat of the car, parents in the back seat. Heading up the first incline in the darkness, the youngest kid starts getting scared. Dad stands up (still on the rather steep incline in the dark), reaches over and tries to lift the kid up and over the seatback into the back seat. Kid slips from his grasp and falls out of the car and gets his leg run over/pinned by the car...

-Rob

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:50 pm

In Denver, we have a Park called Elitches which started as a family run amusement Park many, many years ago and then Six Flags bought it and for years it was Six Flags Elitches. Just recently Six Flags sold it and now it is no longer a Six Flags and I can go there. ;)
They were trying to bring in all these shows and characters when it was Six Flags and trying to copy Disney Parks, it was so obvious. They never went over and I think that is why Six Flags got out of Elitches.

They have a water park there too. We also have another water park called Water World, (duh!) up here by us in the burbs. It is about 6 blocks from us! They have a cool wave pool there I want to try out this week before my surgery. I won't be able to do anything after that so Water World here I come! :drown :sharkbait
The swimming Princess

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Princess Susi wrote:They were trying to bring in all these shows and characters when it was Six Flags and trying to copy Disney Parks, it was so obvious. They never went over and I think that is why Six Flags got out of Elitches.
Six Flags has tried copying Disney before and they have always failed. They, and most other amusement parks out there, just can't meet the high standards of Disney Parks and the imaginations of the Imaginer's.
They have a water park there too. We also have another water park called Water World, (duh!) up here by us in the burbs. It is about 6 blocks from us! They have a cool wave pool there I want to try out this week before my surgery. I won't be able to do anything after that so Water World here I come! :drown :sharkbait
The swimming Princess
When I went to Typhoon Lagoon last week I was impressed by their wave pool. I have never seen anything like it before.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:42 pm

Princess Susi wrote:In Denver, we have a Park called Elitches which started as a family run amusement Park many, many years ago and then Six Flags bought it and for years it was Six Flags Elitches. Just recently Six Flags sold it and now it is no longer a Six Flags and I can go there. ;)
They were trying to bring in all these shows and characters when it was Six Flags and trying to copy Disney Parks, it was so obvious. They never went over and I think that is why Six Flags got out of Elitches....
I was just thinking of Elitches this morning. When I first saw the "new" Elitches in downtown Denver, I couldn't help but wonder what they were thinking. The old location on 38th was wonderful -- tree-filled, closer to the mountains, lots of character... just a classic old-school amusement park. (Aren't I right in remembering that the Wildcat was like the third oldest roller coaster in America?)

The new spot is just another soulless, generic Six Flags ho-hum ride collection. :( Whatever it calls itself, to me it is not and never will be Elitch Gardens.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:27 pm

Shorty82 wrote:When I went to Typhoon Lagoon last week I was impressed by their wave pool. I have never seen anything like it before.
Before Mr. Syndrome had ever been to WDW, I tried to explain TL's pool to him and he just didn't get it. Virtually every other water park has an "agitation" pool vs. REAL waves like TL. Now that we live here, he loves to go over there in the evenings when the crowds are thinning and swim in the wave pool. Nothing like it for sure!

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 pm

From what I recall of the incident on Roger Rabbit, the little boy wasn't supposed to be seated next to the cutout door of the ride unit, but was anyway. During the ride, the stuffed animal he was holding fell out, and he leaned out the cutout door to retrieve it. In so doing, he fell out and was pinned under the ride for several minutes before being rescued. I'm getting this from newspaper reports of the accident. Had an adult been seated by the door and not the child, and had the toy bbeen stowed somewhere during the ride cycle, the accident wouldn't have happened.
I remember when I was interviewing for the job at Knott's, it was a recent event, and during the course of the interview, while talking about the issue of ride safety, I brought up the incident. The interviewer, I forget his name, but at the time he looked a bit like Mr. Disney, remarked that a friend of his was operating Roger Rabbit when the incident occurred, and really traumatized him.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:52 pm

Syndrome wrote:Before Mr. Syndrome had ever been to WDW, I tried to explain TL's pool to him and he just didn't get it. Virtually every other water park has an "agitation" pool vs. REAL waves like TL. Now that we live here, he loves to go over there in the evenings when the crowds are thinning and swim in the wave pool. Nothing like it for sure!
I didn't understand what was so good about TL's wave pool until I saw it for myself. Naturally I'd heard of it and all but didn't understand what the big deal was until I saw the first wave for myself and my jaw dropped.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward