Calling Cranbiz: Bad Bus Problem

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Calling Cranbiz: Bad Bus Problem

Post by ktulu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:22 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote: shit happens, deal with it, move on, have a great day and just think about the abiity to post about it on SGT!!! (ADDED VALUE!!!)
Yeah, but something tells me you don't need a trip filled with SG's to WDW or DLR to make a post....

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:23 pm

ktulu wrote:Yeah, but something tells me you don't need a trip filled with SG's to WDW or DLR to make a post....
no, I can just reply to other posters, such as yourself!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:28 pm

ktulu wrote:I'll still stay on site. If there are problems, then those in charge will hear about it :)

If Disney only paid more, they would have one guy who would be willing to work for the mouse and deal with SG's with a smile :)
ain't that the truth. Payscale for all CM's is disgusting in my book, especially considering what they charge for everything. Share the wealth- Iger should skip his bonus this year :rolleyes: yeah like that'll happen. Or give hourly CM's .5 percent of the merchandising for Wall-E LOL I'd already have contributed quite a bit to their pay envelopes if they did that and the movie isn't even out yet ROFL

Pity whoever opens the envelope and has to read my diatribe about the Friendship Boat captains too lazy to get out the ramps. . .cause I won't suffer in silence.

I also said "There are just some jobs that humans do better than machines. Dispatching busses and designing bus routes is one of them. Please reconsider this idea of fully automating the dispatch system and return to assigning regular routes to the bus drivers."

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 pm

The problem for us disabled people is that we can only board a bus certain ways and only under certain conditions. You regular people can stand on the bus if need be but we must wait for a bus that has a working lift, that has room for us, and that has a driver who will load us first so that there will be room for us.

You normal people can run up the ramp and hop on a monorail but we have to wait for an elevator or slowly crawl up the ramp then wait for a monorail to come then get a ramp put down, then board, then have the ramp removed, then ride, then beg for a ramp to be put down, then the ramp is removed and we then pray we do not die on the steep incline down the ramp or wait for an elevator.

You can take any boat in WDW but we have to wait for the larger boats then beg for a ramp to be put down then hope the water level is just right then board then listen to complaints about the use of the ramp, ride then beg for another ramp then pray the water level is right then more complaints about using the ramp.

You normal people at DLR can climb the stairs at DLR and hop a train but we have to go some place other than Main Street Station then get in the disabled line and then wait for the lift to be lowered then ride then wait for the lift again to be lowered. Same thing for WDW trains.

You can hop on a trolley or other Main Street transportation but we cannot.

BEING DISABLED IN DISNEY CAN SUCK BIG TIME IF YOU ARE DISABLED.
It seems like nothing until you are out of spoons, dog tired, sick or hurting. Try it for one day in an ECV.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:17 pm

February wrote: Pity whoever opens the envelope and has to read my diatribe about the Friendship Boat captains too lazy to get out the ramps. . .cause I won't suffer in silence.
Dude, I would LOVE to be in the room when that envelope gets opened! Whoever reads it is going to be like, "The boat captains did WHAT?? Who told them they could do that?!"

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:38 pm

mechurchlady wrote:You normal people at DLR can climb the stairs at DLR and hop a train but we have to go some place other than Main Street Station then get in the disabled line and then wait for the lift to be lowered then ride then wait for the lift again to be lowered. Same thing for WDW trains.
Not so. The WDW Railroad has ramps at all three stations, no lifts or elevators (any more). Also, our boarding ramps are hinged, so it's not as much work or trouble as the monorail and boat ramps. And in seven years on the railroad, I never once heard or heard of an engineer complaining about them.

Sorry, but you hit one of my hot buttons, especially as you just mentioned you'd never even been to WDW.

Being disabled is a major pain, I'm certainly not arguing that, but there's no need to make it seem worse than it is.

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:08 am

Tonight, I was working recon on the Monorail, and three girls got on board. They said hello to the pilot, and were surprised when he said hello back. They then commented how their bus drivers had been mean and rude, and one, when one of the girls said, "Have a Magical day," he responded, "I wish I could."

At this point, I am just enough of a jerk that I think I could retort with something I've only mused to myself about people, especially bus drivers, that say stuff like that to me if there is no reason they should know I haven't been a bus driver: So why are you here? Why don't you leave and go somewhere you can be happy? Do you enjoy being miserable, or are you just too lazy to find something where you aren't suffering?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Amphigorey wrote:Dude, I would LOVE to be in the room when that envelope gets opened! Whoever reads it is going to be like, "The boat captains did WHAT?? Who told them they could do that?!"
Cha!!! I wish I could be there for the grand envelope opening.

Final draft of the letter is five pages long but I read it to DH and he wants me to complain again about the lack of elevators at the monorail stations before I send it in LOL he figures it can't hurt. I told him he can write it himself as the 'wheelchair motor' so to speak!

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

NessaMcTastic
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by NessaMcTastic » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:At this point, I am just enough of a jerk that I think I could retort with something I've only mused to myself about people, especially bus drivers, that say stuff like that to me if there is no reason they should know I haven't been a bus driver: So why are you here? Why don't you leave and go somewhere you can be happy? Do you enjoy being miserable, or are you just too lazy to find something where you aren't suffering?
After complaining to my DH about how much I dislike my job, he said something similar. It was enough to make me really start studying to become an Air Force Officer. He likes to call it his "Marine motivational speeches" ;)

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Zazu wrote:Not so. The WDW Railroad has ramps at all three stations, no lifts or elevators (any more). Also, our boarding ramps are hinged, so it's not as much work or trouble as the monorail and boat ramps. And in seven years on the railroad, I never once heard or heard of an engineer complaining about them.

Sorry, but you hit one of my hot buttons, especially as you just mentioned you'd never even been to WDW.

Being disabled is a major pain, I'm certainly not arguing that, but there's no need to make it seem worse than it is.
First, let me thank you- because I had no idea that the railroad was wheelchair accessible. We have avoided trying to take it for years thinking there was no way. So I'm excited about going there on our next trip :) I wish the monorails had hinged ramps.

But then, I just have to ask, have you ever personally spent an extended period of time unable to ambulate on your own? It's a rhetorical question- I don't expect you to share your personal medical history on a public message board. I just am asking that you and all of the CMs who read here think about the answer to that question.

Cause dude, unless you have, you just can't know how bad it is. And I'm talking about not being able to stand, shower, or go to the bathroom without help. For weeks or longer.

I have. So I know. And it's bad.

Getting through security at the airport, getting to WDW to even begin with- it's exhausting and daunting for disabled guests before they even set foot on WDW property.

I don't mean to seem rude at all, please understand that- but trying to minimize how being disabled really is unless you have experienced it yourself for more than a couple weeks on, say, crutches for a busted leg or something- is a hot button issue for me. Even though at this moment in time I still get by without a chair most of the time by using my crutch. But for a long while after my stroke, I could not. And that will change again in the future as my spine continues to disintegrate.

You just truly have to experience it to understand it. Otherwise, please don't say that you know what it means to be disabled.

Don't think I feel sorry for myself either- even with all the problems I have (the list keeps growing) I know there are kids who have it far worse- kids who have never been able to walk in their life or have ever seen a sunset over the castle or fireworks at all. Kids who never make it out of a bed unless someone carries them. So I count my blessings even as they change-
and I know I"m lucky.

I'd still rather be disabled and at WDW than disabled and anywhere else on the planet.

Bru

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon