Calling Cranbiz: Bad Bus Problem

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Calling Cranbiz: Bad Bus Problem

Post by ectomstr » Wed May 28, 2008 10:38 am

Man,is it me or does it seem bus driver problems are escalating as of late? It's a real shame, I know there are a couple of drivers for the CM's at MK that are pretty darn cool (and funny) but I've had drivers who were either driving way too slow, way too fast, didn't ask if anyone needed ToonTown (and once people did), didn't lower the bus for people to exit and yesterday a driver closed his doors, saw me, waved at me and left.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:57 am

Wow! That is horrible!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm

It's a sad fact that the more you mechanize things, the ruder people get.There are some things machines should not be allowed to do exclusively--humans are a requirement to run things.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:03 pm

felinefan wrote:...humans are a requirement to run things.
Who sez?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed May 28, 2008 11:46 pm

hobie16 wrote:Who sez?

Oh no...Its R-Hobie16!!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu May 29, 2008 11:10 pm

Let's face it--ever since things became more and more self-service, people have become real jerks, both as customers and as service people. The people in the service industries think they don't have to care about providing quality service, and people who recieve services think they have the right to treat the service people like their personal slaves. Oh, to be able to go back to when you could get your windows cleaned and everything under the hood checked when you stopped for gas! Or if you went to a shoe store, there were people to help you, measuring your foot, helping you with the shoes, etc.. I miss that so much. Yeah, I'm old, so what...

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 pm

The treatment described in this post is exactly how I was treated on my trip in April for our wedding anniversary. A result of this is that at the end of June we will stay offsite since my husband feels that he will need to drive me back and forth to the parks. I really hate it because it kills my independence. I like to head out when I am ready and not have to wait for DH to get ready and rolling. He then can join me when he feels like it.
I will stay on site for Night of Joy as I know he hates the music (likes old time gospel not the new stuff) but the next weekend where I am there for a test and then some Disney time will be offsite again.
At least in our case lousy drivers are losing money for Disney by giving guests a reason to go offsite.
Cranbiz I hope I get drivers like you for Night of Joy weekend and not what I got last trip. And yes I have written to Guest Services but have not gotten a reply yet.

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:13 am

Idream of going to WDW but will never get there. I dream of staying on site but would either drive a rental car or depend on monorails. These horror stories make me leary of disney transportation. I cannot wait an hour for transportation with my ADD SID or what every. I cannot just set and watch busses going by or beg a captain to put a ramp down. sigh more evidence of WDW not being so disabled friendly.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:28 am

I'll still stay on site. If there are problems, then those in charge will hear about it :)

If Disney only paid more, they would have one guy who would be willing to work for the mouse and deal with SG's with a smile :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:07 pm

We have always stayed on site, and even though we have encountered SG's and A few CM's having a bad day, it is still a wonderful place to go for vaction.

The whole experience is also based on attitude. IF you go there looking for problems, you can find them.

If you go there to have a fun vacation, and a good time, you will.

shit happens, deal with it, move on, have a great day and just think about the abiity to post about it on SGT!!! (ADDED VALUE!!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?