Grouping Stories

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Grouping Stories

Post by CerasiJ » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:01 pm

PirateJohn wrote:Turns out they had about 35 in their group. Our boats seat 22 apiece. Apparently, high school math standards are not what they used to be.
Dey gots dem an ed-u-ma-cation! ;) :D:

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:00 am

[quote="CerasiJ"]Dey gots dem an ed-u-ma-cation! ]I thought it was more like:

I gOtS mE aN eDuKaTiOn !!!11!!1!!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:09 am

leftcoaster wrote:I thought it was more like:

I always say:

"I is a koll-uj grad-yew-ate!"

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:09 pm

leftcoaster wrote:I thought it was more like:

Or! Hurked rom froniks wurked fur mee!!!!!

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

murf
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by murf » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:01 am

I honestly did this last weekend....
Loading from Timon P-lot near the ramp a couple of kids (10-15 yr olds) run up and jump on the tram while we are loading..
Parents are still at the car a couple of rows back but still in sight of the tram...
I announce "Final boarding call"...
Nothing...
"This tram is now ready to depart"..
The kids get off then at the last minute get back on..
Well theres only one thing to do...
"This tram is now departing, Please remain seated"..
:twisted:
Needless to say the kids made a round trip the parents had taken the next tram in so the kids waited and took a second trip up to the main entrance (no parents)
:rolleyes:
Third trip..
as I get off the tram to assist other guests the older girl asks to borrow the cell phone to call the parents!
I sugguest that they get off the tram and go look fo them that they have probably ridden another tram and are waiting at the entrance. They wander off and I dont hear from them again.
I bet they will stay closer to the parents for the rest of the day tho!

The world is a carousel of color

Oh yeah, WELCOME HOME!

TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TowerTimmy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:42 am

Man haha, these are great.

What rocks is when you call for a single traveler and people are like "we got 2!" "3 over here!"

Or they switch up on you, that sucks.

Then when I say "Row 6 your in the top left." and they get in and go to the front right in row 1... people are idiots.

Tim

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:34 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:YEs ultimately the the "ALL OF US" response is grouper hell. You got your grouping "groove" going and it hits you like a truck. My favorite place to group an "all of us" (AOU) is at Test Track.

That is my favorite:

*At Astro Orbitor*
Me: How many?
Guests: All us!!
Me (Slower): How......many.....is.... "all......of....us???"
Guests: Oh, five!
Me: Riding 2 and 3? Or 2, 2, and 1?
Guests: 2, 2, and 1.
Me: O k.

*It turns our, that they all split up and take their own. It's not my fault, it's theirs for changing their minds at the last minute, and I have 2 groups come back!! That ticks me off that they changed their minds at the last minute.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

dudspizza
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by dudspizza » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:57 pm

Last year we decided to go through single rider line at Test Track. What an awesome way to get on the ride fast, but we knew we would ride with other people. No big deal. It is very clear that you will be split up.

Well, we get almost to the front and the loader tells this woman to go to Pit 1 Row 1 and the man to go to Pit 3 Row 2. They stop to tell him that they are together and want to ride together. The CM simply said, "you knew going into the single rider line that you would be split up" and he sent them to separate cars. I love it. This couple was trying to manipulate the system and the CM would have none of it!

Duds

Ansem
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ansem » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:40 am

This isn't really a grouping story but it has to do with an attraction that deals with grouping...

Anyway, I was working at Astro Oribiter (my least favorite position to work at). I keep grouping with no problems until this older lady asks me "How come there is no one in the vehicles after you send these groups up (in the lifts)?" I'm thinking "What are you, an older version of SuperGirl with x-ray vision?" I look up and notice there is no hole in the cement under the waiting area for top Astro. I ask her what she is talking about and she points to the blue cars going by every few seconds (Tomorrowland Transit Authority). I tell her that that is TTA and she is in line for Astro Orbiter. The look on her face could have been the model for Homer Simpson when he says D'oh!!!

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:42 am

Ansem wrote:This isn't really a grouping story but it has to do with an attraction that deals with grouping...

Anyway, I was working at Astro Oribiter (my least favorite position to work at). I keep grouping with no problems until this older lady asks me "How come there is no one in the vehicles after you send these groups up (in the lifts)?" I'm thinking "What are you, an older version of SuperGirl with x-ray vision?" I look up and notice there is no hole in the cement under the waiting area for top Astro. I ask her what she is talking about and she points to the blue cars going by every few seconds (Tomorrowland Transit Authority). I tell her that that is TTA and she is in line for Astro Orbiter. The look on her face could have been the model for Homer Simpson when he says D'oh!!!
How is the Astro Orbitor different in WDW then in DLR?? Except that fact that the one in WDW is on top.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!