That one coworker you can't stand

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: That one coworker you can't stand

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu May 29, 2008 3:35 pm

BRWombat wrote:While we're at it... where's my Swingline stapler???
Boss took it. We're switching to the Boston Staplers. But I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire... *Twitch.*

{8^}

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:07 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Ya gotta love someone that contradicts himself in his actions... I wonder how he would actually have liked not working with women, since he so loved looking at them...

Don't get me wrong, I love the female form, but there's a time and place. And if he's doing that at girls still in high school... :ewww: :gross:
Yeah. He at least was smart enough not to leer or say anything to our maintenance guy's teenage daughter who was a summer temp in our office. Maintenance guy would have given him a broken jaw or worse...

I still wonder about that one college freshman/sophmore who left after less than two weeks (*supposedly* because she got a better summer job offer that was applicable to her major)... Introducing himself to her went something like "So, I hear you live in [name of town]. I live there, too" (And as I overheard this conversation, I knew exactly where it was going....) "If you ever want to share rides to work sometime..."

-Rob

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri May 30, 2008 6:10 am

Rob562 wrote:Yeah. He at least was smart enough not to leer or say anything to our maintenance guy's teenage daughter who was a summer temp in our office. Maintenance guy would have given him a broken jaw or worse...
Too bad he knew. Maintenance guy could have taken care of him then and there.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisKarma
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisKarma » Fri May 30, 2008 8:15 am

I won't point fingers or name names. But it kills me to see some of the things that I see. I have been told by cast members how much they hate our guests that ALL of them are stupid. They go around with arrogant attitudes and it always jerks my chain pretty tight. If you feel that all guests are stupid then you will treat all guests with no respect that is a dangerous way to work.
And I have witnessed the slackers that have made it into a fine art on how to appear to be working but take their good old time doing it. In every role that I have ever held here at WDW there have been many of those. I could work circles around them. And as much as it ticks me off I will continue to pick up the slack. But honestly sometimes you just want to kick their butts and tell them to go work at another park, or McDonalds.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Fri May 30, 2008 11:35 am

DisKarma wrote:I won't point fingers or name names. But it kills me to see some of the things that I see. I have been told by cast members how much they hate our guests that ALL of them are stupid. They go around with arrogant attitudes and it always jerks my chain pretty tight. If you feel that all guests are stupid then you will treat all guests with no respect that is a dangerous way to work.
And I have witnessed the slackers that have made it into a fine art on how to appear to be working but take their good old time doing it. In every role that I have ever held here at WDW there have been many of those. I could work circles around them. And as much as it ticks me off I will continue to pick up the slack. But honestly sometimes you just want to kick their butts and tell them to go work at another park, or McDonalds.
That kind of behavior always baffled me. It's BORING to slack off at a job. Days go by much more quickly if you actually have something to do.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Amphigorey wrote:That kind of behavior always baffled me. It's BORING to slack off at a job. Days go by much more quickly if you actually have something to do.
I feel the same way. Actually working helps the day go by a lot quicker than just standing there doing nothing. In addition you (general you) aren't getting paid to just stand there, you are getting paid to work and do your job.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I feel the same way. Actually working helps the day go by a lot quicker than just standing there doing nothing. In addition you (general you) aren't getting paid to just stand there, you are getting paid to work and do your job.
I worked nights for a while at a grocery store as a cashier. I ended up being in charge of large bags of dog food, candy for the entire frond end, cigarettes, and the spice/baking aisle. The only other work was to clean all the registers. I made sure they all had plenty of bags as well. I didn't have to do all of this. They figured if I was working nights I could have a bit less work to do. When you work nights, you WILL find more work to do, otherwise you may not make it. I still didn't have enough work to keep me busy all night. Thankfully by the time I would start to feel tired the daily paper would arrive and I could read it until the morning rush.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:56 pm

AAAAAAAAARG....

New guy started today at my job and he's already driving me nuts. I'm sick of his "smarter than all of you" attitude in less than 8 hours. He seems to be under the delusion that his Associates in Applied Sciences Degree in IT from the local community college, which he mentions as often and as loudly as he can, makes him the most educated person in the room.

None of us have had the heart yet to tell him, that out of the 5 people he's been lording his degree over, (that's us other 3 developers, the IT guy and the intern) there's a Computer Systems Engineering Bachelor from a prestigious private university, an Electronic Media Arts and Communications Dual Major Bachelors from the same university, a Computer Science Bachelors Degree from the State School, and a former Marine Corp Aeronautics Technician (no degree, but still smart as a whippet) and the intern is a Junior at the same private university mentioned above Dual Majoring in Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering (A.K.A. Rocket Science.)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not going to college, or going to a two year college, but it bugs me alot that with the lowest possible postsecondary degree he's not only assuming he's the most educated person in the room, but trying to use it to muscle us around.

I'd pop his bubble... but I'm afraid he'll fall too hard and I'll get in trouble.

8^S

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:AAAAAAAAARG....

New guy started today at my job and he's already driving me nuts. I'm sick of his "smarter than all of you" attitude in less than 8 hours. He seems to be under the delusion that his Associates in Applied Sciences Degree in IT from the local community college, which he mentions as often and as loudly as he can, makes him the most educated person in the room.

None of us have had the heart yet to tell him, that out of the 5 people he's been lording his degree over, (that's us other 3 developers, the IT guy and the intern) there's a Computer Systems Engineering Bachelor from a prestigious private university, an Electronic Media Arts and Communications Dual Major Bachelors from the same university, a Computer Science Bachelors Degree from the State School, and a former Marine Corp Aeronautics Technician (no degree, but still smart as a whippet) and the intern is a Junior at the same private university mentioned above Dual Majoring in Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering (A.K.A. Rocket Science.)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not going to college, or going to a two year college, but it bugs me alot that with the lowest possible postsecondary degree he's not only assuming he's the most educated person in the room, but trying to use it to muscle us around.

I'd pop his bubble... but I'm afraid he'll fall too hard and I'll get in trouble.

8^S
I'm trying not to roll over laughing in my cubicle right now.... :D:

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:14 pm

I think if you all take your breaks and lunches together, maybe if you sit within earshot of this loser, you could work your degrees into conversation among yourselves. If he hears you're all better educated than he is, he just may shut his piehole. :D: