Sad News

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Sad News

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Awesome, Bru, just awesome. What a wonderful gift.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Bru-

That's very much from the heart work. Can you please add my name to the list as well...

Thanks!

Notatourist

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:49 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]dearest bru what a wonderful gift and remembrance of a member of sgt...i'm sure his family will be very happy with it...it's obvious your eyesight didn't lack on this heartfelt...project and how thoughtful of you to include the rest of us in with your work...

i'd appreciate it very much (and i know elyse would too) if you would include us on the card as well...

your good heart and soul will serve you well in this life and the next...
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:57 pm

I'm one of the people on RADP that sent a check for Rodney to pass on to WILL. If you had not heard over $1,200 was collected and sent to the NPR station where he had worked for 20 years.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:11 pm

I was gone when this thread started and I just found this thread and I am speechless. I cannot believe it! Our Randy! He was such a huge part of our daily posts and discusssions here. I feel like I've lost a family member. I always told him he and I were twin sister and brother from different mothers. We had so much in common.
I had heard about this on another site, but had no idea it was our Randy...oh my... :(
A sad day... :(
sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:22 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:I'm one of the people on RADP that sent a check for Rodney to pass on to WILL. If you had not heard over $1,200 was collected and sent to the NPR station where he had worked for 20 years.

That's awesome!!! I know that will really mean a lot to those he worked with for such a long time. Some, he had worked with for decades.

I mailed off the blanket yesterday afternoon, shouldn't be a long trip from here to there and hopefully they may even get it tomorrow.

Notatourist was the last person I was able to see a message from to add before I left so my apologies to the Bubble ladies- if I had mailed it later I absolutely would have added you two of course :( The address for his family is in this thread tho so anyone who didn't get named on the card I sent can surely send one too if they want to. Thank you so much for your kind words- I felt it was the least I could do for someone who was such a part of our community and will be so sadly missed.

hugs to all
Bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Bru, That was beautiful! I am sure it will mean a lot to his family. Randy is surely watching from Heaven and I know he loves it!

I am still in shock. I just cannot believe it. I just found this thread this morning and I am blown away.
We miss you Randy!

sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:51 pm

February wrote: Notatourist was the last person I was able to see a message from to add before I left so my apologies to the Bubble ladies- if I had mailed it later I absolutely would have added you two of course Bru
[font="Palatino Linotype"]not to worry bru...with the address available to all i'm sure the family will be receiving many cards from randy's online friends...but i'm pretty sure they'll understand that more people than are mentioned on the card have feelings behind it too :) [/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

whitneyd74
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by whitneyd74 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I am re-visiting all of the boards about my cousin, Randy, because my Aunt (Randy's mother) lost the original ones that I printed out for her. Your kind words and comments helped my Aunt many nights when she couldn't sleep; she would get up, grab the stack of printed-out posts, and read them again and again. We read some of the posts at the service we had for him, and there were many tears shed in response to your outpouring of support and kindness.

I mentioned Albino Pygmy's idea of some kind of a memorial on a monorail for Randy, and people gasped they were so thrilled and touched. Did anything come of this possibility?

Thanks again everyone. You are an amazing, kind-spirited group. I am honored to have met you through these posts.

-Whitney
albino_pygmy wrote:Although, if you could get approval for painting "In Memory of Randy B" on the side of all the monorails, that would be great :D (If not, then make a few stickers and put them right on the tip of their noses with the in memory of Randy on it)

Oh, idea just popped in my head! Have a few "Hidden Randy's" make their way on the monorails or stations, etc :D

whitneyd74
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by whitneyd74 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:45 pm

Bru:

I am SO moved by your kind gesture! You are amazing, Bru. Simply amazing.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

-Randy's Family

February wrote:Image

This is the blanket I made for Randy's parents. It's hanging up right now drying, and hopefully with any luck will be in the mail to them tomorrow.

It's a good sized afghan, white yarn made into puffy stitches- in my mind signifying clouds in Heaven and I attempted to make a little monorail and embroidered it on. Might be a little crooked but I am working with one eye and that has taken a toll on my skills. My family did a QC check for me and insisted it looks enough like a monorail to send.

I just hope that they know how much we'll miss Randy when they see it. I took the liberty of signing "Bru and all the regulars at SGT" on the card that I wrote to go in with it- which said that we will miss Randy a lot and that he will always be remembered, for his love of monorails, among many things.

I positioned "Monorail Gold" near the upper left side of the blanket- indicating Randy remains in our hearts. I explained that on the card too.

I just hope they like it. I wish there was more I could do. At least it's something.

Bru