Sad News

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Sad News

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu May 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Notatourist wrote:For those of us not into avatars (It's great, just not into them...)what's the radio code for a monorail that's down for the night?
I think property-wide, the code is 10-7.

I'm not yet ready to say, "Randy B is 10-7."

Coming from Safari where we joke about the Helmeted Guinea Fowl (Randy, I'm sorry for bringing mention of them in this thread) going 10-7 (and one of them did of old age last week, so we're down to 2), it just makes it just a little too... something.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Thu May 22, 2008 10:03 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:May I have your permission to post this to the couple of threads on DisBoards about Randy?
Only thing CF is I don't remember where the drawing came from originally. It's been passed from computer to computer in my house for so many years but I know it was from a drawing I found somewhere originally posted online (meaning I didn't draw it).

I did another one using the pic from the insert that comes with the monorail train toy models (which Randy loved so much) but I don't know if Disney would object or not- but anyway here it is- it's up to you if you want to post them I don't claim any ownership of the images, I just put a little text on them, cause they seemed fitting. . .

hugs,
Bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Thu May 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Gorgeous hobie! *hugs*

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:31 pm

February wrote:Gorgeous hobie! *hugs*
It was the least I could do.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri May 23, 2008 4:42 pm

This is from Michael Prichard, Randy's friend and boss at the radio station.

Friends of Randy:

I apologize for being so long in getting more information to all of you. Also, I hope you’ll forgive the mass e-mail, but it’s the best way to get this information to all of you, in the shortest amount of time. I was told that some of this information has already been posted, but I want to be certain that everyone gets it.

Anyone wishing to send cards to Randy’s family---here is his parent’s address:

Berbaum Family
1724 Coronado Dr.
Champaign, IL. 61820

Below is Randy’s obituary, published in yesterday’s newspaper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CHAMPAIGN – Randy C. Berbaum, 51, of Champaign passed away at 4:46 p.m. Sunday (May 18, 2008) at his home of heart failure.
Mr. Berbaum was born Aug. 2, 1956, in Urbana, to Clarence and Barbara (Dye) Berbaum. He graduated from Champaign Central High School in 1975 and attended Parkland College.
Mr. Berbaum worked at the Rialto Theatre, Vend-a-Copy, Rhino Robots, Klaus, and the University of Illinois, for the last 21 years at WILL radio station. He was a life member of the Monticello and Sangamon Valley Railroad Museum. He was also actively involved in www.disboards.com and made an annual trip to Disney World for their reunion each fall.
A "Celebration of Life" service will be held at First Church of the Nazarene, 2403 W. Kirby Ave., Champaign, at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 24, 2008, with an opportunity for informal fellowship afterward. The Reverend James Cornell will officiate.
Surviving are his parents, Clarence and Barbara Berbaum of Champaign; his sister, Sandra Cornell, her husband, Rev. James Cornell, and their three children, Angela, Hannah and Daniel of Stonington; and his uncle, John Dye and his wife, Sandi, and their children; as well as many cousins. He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Claude and Hazel (Butch) Dye, and Fred and Clara (Bez) Berbaum.
Memorial contributions may be made to an organization of the donor's choice.

Published in The News-Gazette on 5/22/2008.

You may have already been told this, as I understand Randy’s sister has been in touch with some of you…but she found many of the replies to my posting regarding Randy’s passing, on the RADP newsgroup. She printed them out and gave them to Randy’s mom. His mom was very touched by the number of messages, and by the warm and kind things everyone said about her son. She said that it “helped to take some of the sadness away.”

You all seem like a pretty special group of people. I’d say Randy was lucky to have known you.

Best Regards,

Mike Pritchard

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat May 24, 2008 10:02 am

Hobie - I used your version in a post I did on the Camping forum at DisBoards along with giving more information..

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun May 25, 2008 1:46 am

cant stop crying, he was that rock in life that held things together. He was level headed in the storms at SGT and a true gentleman. I remember him and his love of monorails. I will miss him very much.

hugs
condolences
Laurie

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sun May 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Thanks Wallaby, I had the address but not his parent's first names, will make writing the card much easier.

I'm going to make them something, got the supplies yesterday but it'll take a little bit to make it. I'll post a picture when it's finished.

Bru

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:42 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]due to circumstances beyond my control i haven't been online much, so i'm really in shock to see that we have lost a member of our family and that it's taken so long for me to find out...

i'm so terribly sorry for his family's loss ...
...and our loss as well...he was a great poster....he will be missed :bawl:
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana: